Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Superbowl Ll ads

Started by GolfNut57, February 05, 2017, 07:50:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GolfNut57

Are pretty sucky so far tonight moving into the 3ed quarter.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Jackrabbit Hog

Worst I can remember.  Mainly tech companies trying to make social statements.

Give me "tastes great, less filling". Any day.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 05, 2017, 07:59:06 pm
Worst I can remember.  Mainly tech companies trying to make social statements.

Give me "tastes great, less filling". Any day.

#giveadamn

Jackrabbit Hog

I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

ricepig

GolfNut57

wow..what a finish! First Superbowl ever to go to OT and NE had to overcome a 21-0 deficit to pull out the win? According to the diarrhea mouth of Joe Buck no team had ever come back from being 14 down to win the game. So does that make this the best Superbowl of all time?
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Buff

Hyundai won the commercial battle with their ad after the game.

Dillar Dog

My mom talked about the commercials.  So did my grandmother.  My aunt also.

....and other women.

holeinthewall

There were ads? I must have missed them all.

ricepig

Quote from: holeinthewall on February 06, 2017, 05:49:19 am
There were ads? I must have missed them all.

I was going to the fridge for another beer.

#giveadamn

nationwish

I thought the Snickers live commercial was a good idea. They could have messed up any way they wanted and it could have passed as part of the script. It didn't make me want to buy a snickers, though, so there's that.

Jackrabbit Hog

My wife, God bless her, asked the following question last night, in total seriousness, as the captains met at midfield for the overtime coin toss:

"Does this mean they have to wait for President Bush to come out again to flip the coin?  What if he's not still there?"

ricepig

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 06, 2017, 04:18:58 pm
My wife, God bless her, asked the following question last night, in total seriousness, as the captains met at midfield for the overtime coin toss:

"Does this mean they have to wait for President Bush to come out again to flip the coin?  What if he's not still there?"

Asking for a friend, is she a blonde?

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on February 06, 2017, 05:31:44 pm
Asking for a friend, is she a blonde?

Blonde in a bottle.  She's actually a helluva lot smarter than I am (which admittedly ain't saying much), but that wasn't one of her more insightful or perceptive queries.

Inhogswetrust

The one thing I noticed is why Alfa Romeo ads? Does't everyone know that Football fans don't drive those. Maybe if they made pickups it would have been appropriate.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

nationwish

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 07, 2017, 01:29:37 pm
The one thing I noticed is why Alfa Romeo ads? Does't everyone know that Football fans don't drive those. Maybe if they made pickups it would have been appropriate.

I doubt the majority of people watching the game are actually football fans. Besides that, there are plenty of people who watch solely for the commercials.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: nationwish on February 07, 2017, 10:22:57 pm
I doubt the majority of people watching the game are actually football fans. Besides that, there are plenty of people who watch solely for the commercials.

The majority of fans watching also don't buy Alfa Romeo's either. They buy Chevy, Ford, Honda, Toyota.

Here's something form an AP article last month about 2016 sales:

"Ford's F-Series pickup remained the best-selling vehicle in America in 2016, with 820,799 trucks sold. That's the equivalent of 93 trucks sold every hour. The Toyota Camry was the best-selling car, despite a 9.5-percent dip in sales to 388,618. Jaguar saw the biggest sales increase of any brand, with sales more than doubling over 2015 thanks to its new XE sedan. Fiat Chrysler's Italian brands, Fiat and Alfa Romeo, declined more than 20 percent each as customers scratched small cars off their shopping lists in favor of SUVs."

Notice what is said about the top selling vehicle and then at the end Alfa Romeo. I'd bet more people would pay attention to a Pick-up Truck or SUV ad than one for an Alfa Romeo.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on February 07, 2017, 01:29:37 pm
Most folks probably thought, if they thought of it at all, that Alfa Romeo was a defunct car company.    This ad did its job and got folks talking about them as being a real car.......... like 'em or not..........
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)