Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kugler let go from UTEP

Started by Großer Kriegschwein, October 01, 2017, 09:34:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

PorkRinds

There's our new OL coach. I'd be so happy.

jcbville

If only we would. That would be awesome. I know they talked in the past.

Hawghiggs

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 01, 2017, 10:19:37 pm
There's our new OL coach. I'd be so happy.

Would love for him to be the O-line coach.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 01, 2017, 10:38:39 pm
Would love for him to be the O-line coach.

Instant upgrade plus Texas recruiting connections? Yes please.

BOAR_N2BWILD

If our current O-line coach still has a job at the end of this season..... Good grief you can tell that he is a lazy bum just watching him on the sideline.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Hawghiggs

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 01, 2017, 10:42:15 pm

It would make to much sense for us to have a guy like him. So probably won't happen.

BILLYBOB

Quote from: BOAR_N2BWILD on October 01, 2017, 10:42:26 pm
If our current O-line coach still has a job at the end of this season..... Good grief you can tell that he is a lazy bum just watching him on the sideline.

You should take down that scripture verse about doing all things through Him, who gives you strength. Because when you say you can tell Coach Anderson is a lazy bum "just by watching him on the sideline" you're impuning a man's character without knowing him or all the facts.  And that isn't right.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence." ~Charles Bukowski

Großer Kriegschwein

I didn't know Joel Osteen had an account on here.

Let Anderson go after the last game of the year and have Kugler biding his time to come in to coach for bowl practice forward.

A true NFL offensive line coach, that has been a head coach at the college level.

Enos will be a commodity after this season if we can somehow turn it around. We may be shopping for a new OC too. Best to have a line coach already.
This is my non-signature signature.

HardCore

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on October 01, 2017, 11:48:14 pm
I didn't know Joel Osteen had an account on here.

Let Anderson go after the last game of the year and have Kugler biding his time to come in to coach for bowl practice forward.

A true NFL offensive line coach, that has been a head coach at the college level.

Enos will be a commodity after this season if we can somehow turn it around. We may be shopping for a new OC too. Best to have a line coach already.

Now, are we sure, that Anderson doesn't have some rediculous $5MM buyout?  ???

With this Admin, I never count anything extraordinary out.....except winning.
Beware the lollipop of mediocrity; lick it once and you'll suck forever....Brian Wilson (Beach Boys)

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Jimbob111

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 01, 2017, 10:47:30 pm
It would make to much sense for us to have a guy like him. So probably won't happen.

Exactly. When has Beliema ever shown he can do what average intellect would lead others to do? It does make too much sense. If Anderson is let go, I expect Brett to maybe bring in a D-line coach and switch him to offense because he has a higher upside there, regardless of what he does in practice.
"DO NOT POST IN THE GAME THREAD ANYMORE TODAY OR YOU WILL RECIEVE A 30 BAN!"--

Multiple play-by-play posters followed by "Good job, D" and "Way to go, Offense" is so interesting to read over and over as the team gets blown out and the coaches flounder. I can't figure out why game threads don't have 60 to 80 pages now.

Am I the only one that misses the old, interesting game threads?

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 01, 2017, 10:42:15 pm

Stop just stop with the Texas recruiting connections. Every time something comes up we have to hear about how they have Texas recruiting connections. Texas recruiting has not even been helping the flag ship school in Texas.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2017, 09:01:41 am
Stop just stop with the Texas recruiting connections. Every time something comes up we have to hear about how they have Texas recruiting connections. Texas recruiting has not even been helping the flag ship school in Texas.

Whatever you say. I look at our roster and see some real contributions coming out of Texas.

Wildhog

I've been saying for years that I'd love to have him as OL coach.  Intense guy.  This needs to happen.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 02, 2017, 09:04:35 am
Whatever you say. I look at our roster and see some real contributions coming out of Texas.

I did not say there weren't. What I said was not every hire needs to be made because of possible Texas recruiting, nor is Texas recruiting the answer to all ills.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2017, 09:09:07 am
I did not say there weren't. What I said was not every hire needs to be made because of possible Texas recruiting, nor is Texas recruiting the answer to all ills.

Cool. Notice i mentioned other things besides Texas recruiting in my post, like that he would be an instant upgrade. But feel free to ignore that and go on a pointless rant.

hogsanity

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 02, 2017, 09:10:59 am
Cool. Notice i mentioned other things besides Texas recruiting in my post, like that he would be an instant upgrade. But feel free to ignore that and go on a pointless rant.

That is a subjective determination. You THINK he would be a instant upgrade. Yet he could not last through the season at UTEP.

PorkRinds

Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2017, 09:28:18 am
That is a subjective determination. You THINK he would be a instant upgrade. Yet he could not last through the season at UTEP.

Oh, ok.

Wildhog

From Kugler's wiki:

Kugler began his coaching career as a graduate assistant coach for Florida high schools Tampa Bay Vo-Tech and Gaither HS while completing his degree in education at the University of South Florida (USF). After three years in Florida, he spent the next eight seasons (1993–2000) at UTEP, working his way from graduate assistant (1993), to tight ends coach in (1994), and finally to offensive line coach (1995–2000).[7]

Kugler got his first professional experience in 2001 as a tight end coach with the Detroit Lions of the NFL. He later worked his way into a role as offensive line coach.[7]

"There's absolutely no question that he's the best football coach I've ever been around."
— Boise State head coach Chris Petersen on Kugler[8]

In 2006, Kugler moved to Boise State, assuming a role as assistant head coach and offensive line coach. The 2006 Boise State Broncos football team was the only undefeated team in college football that year, winning the WAC title and beating Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. They boasted the sixth-ranked rushing performance in the nation behind Kugler's offensive line led by sophomore Ryan Clady and junior Jeff Cavender, who earned All-WAC honors.

Kugler joined the Buffalo Bills in 2007 as assistant offensive line coach.[2] He was promoted to offensive line coach the following year.[9] He quickly improved the Bills' line and mentored tackle Jason Peters to two consecutive Pro Bowl selections. The Bills' offensive line became remarkably consistent and cohesive, surrendering only 26 sacks on the 2007 season and consisting of the same lineup for 15 consecutive games.[9][10]

He joined the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2010 following the dismissal of the previous offensive line coach, Larry Zierlein.[11] He had previously replaced Zierlein as assistant line coach for the Bills in 2007.[2] In his first season as a coach with the Steelers, the team made it to the Super Bowl despite season-ending injuries to both starting offensive tackles and the presence of a rookie starting center.[12]

On December 10, 2012, UTEP named Kugler as the new head coach, replacing the retired Mike Price.[13][14]
1909/1964/1965/1977

hogsanity

Quote from: Wildhog on October 02, 2017, 09:33:55 am
From Kugler's wiki:

Kugler began his coaching career as a graduate assistant coach for Florida high schools Tampa Bay Vo-Tech and Gaither HS while completing his degree in education at the University of South Florida (USF). After three years in Florida, he spent the next eight seasons (1993–2000) at UTEP, working his way from graduate assistant (1993), to tight ends coach in (1994), and finally to offensive line coach (1995–2000).[7]

Kugler got his first professional experience in 2001 as a tight end coach with the Detroit Lions of the NFL. He later worked his way into a role as offensive line coach.[7]

"There's absolutely no question that he's the best football coach I've ever been around."
— Boise State head coach Chris Petersen on Kugler[8]

In 2006, Kugler moved to Boise State, assuming a role as assistant head coach and offensive line coach. The 2006 Boise State Broncos football team was the only undefeated team in college football that year, winning the WAC title and beating Oklahoma in the 2007 Fiesta Bowl. They boasted the sixth-ranked rushing performance in the nation behind Kugler's offensive line led by sophomore Ryan Clady and junior Jeff Cavender, who earned All-WAC honors.

Kugler joined the Buffalo Bills in 2007 as assistant offensive line coach.[2] He was promoted to offensive line coach the following year.[9] He quickly improved the Bills' line and mentored tackle Jason Peters to two consecutive Pro Bowl selections. The Bills' offensive line became remarkably consistent and cohesive, surrendering only 26 sacks on the 2007 season and consisting of the same lineup for 15 consecutive games.[9][10]

He joined the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2010 following the dismissal of the previous offensive line coach, Larry Zierlein.[11] He had previously replaced Zierlein as assistant line coach for the Bills in 2007.[2] In his first season as a coach with the Steelers, the team made it to the Super Bowl despite season-ending injuries to both starting offensive tackles and the presence of a rookie starting center.[12]

On December 10, 2012, UTEP named Kugler as the new head coach, replacing the retired Mike Price.[13][14]

So the Hogs could have a fired HC at DC, one as the Ol coach, and guy who quit his HC gig to become the OC. At that point perhaps you have too many cooks in the kitchen.

Wildhog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2017, 09:36:10 am
So the Hogs could have a fired HC at DC, one as the Ol coach, and guy who quit his HC gig to become the OC. At that point perhaps you have too many cooks in the kitchen.

He's a very highly regarded OL coach.  We could use one of those.

He would, at the very least, have them playing with some nastiness.
1909/1964/1965/1977

gchamblee

if we did hire him, twistitup would just use it as proof that we have no stability and CBB sucks at keeping assistants.

hogsanity

Quote from: Wildhog on October 02, 2017, 09:37:14 am
He's a very highly regarded OL coach.  We could use one of those.

He would, at the very least, have them playing with some nastiness.

Assuming the ol has some nastiness in them.

Wildhog

CBB needs to make this happen.  It would be a grand slam and he's available right now.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Tusks

Quote from: Hawghiggs on October 01, 2017, 10:47:30 pm
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

jcbville

He expressed an interest in Arkansas in the past. He and CBB spoke and even talked about him coming back in the off season 1 year. I cant imagine this isnt on the radar. It would be a slam dunk.

Wildhog

Hiring Kugler would actually give me a little bit of hope that we can turn this around. 
1909/1964/1965/1977

factchecker

I can't find the post game interview with Kugler after we beat them in 2015.  He was really complementary of the program - almost to the point that it sounded like he was interviewing for a job.

Bielema has fired an offensive line coach (Mike Markuson) in the middle of the season before.  If we don't fire Anderson I'd love to have Kugler at least in a consultation position.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

I'll never understand your need to piss on everything you see as the slightest bit reflective of the vozvhingnon this team. You're literally saying this guy is only subjectively better than Anderson. Look at their records and experience. By any objective measure he'd be an upgrade but like a moth to flame, you piss on everything about the guy. It's strange.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on October 02, 2017, 09:40:51 am
CBB needs to make this happen.  It would be a grand slam and he's available right now.

Yep. Hire him as an analyst.... like yesterday.

Wildhog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 02, 2017, 10:05:42 am
Yep. Hire him as an analyst.... like yesterday.

And then replace Anderson with him today!
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: Wildhog on October 02, 2017, 10:07:15 am
And then replace Anderson with him today!

I could live with after the season. This guy will be somewhere quickly. Snatch him up even if you don't want to get rid of Anderson now.

jcbville

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 02, 2017, 10:08:31 am
I could live with after the season. This guy will be somewhere quickly. Snatch him up even if you don't want to get rid of Anderson now.

This is my point as well. This guy will be making someones O-Line better real soon. It should be here. CBB already knows how good he is. He should have already made the call.

hogsanity

You guys are assuming he wants to go from HC all the way back to being a position coach.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogsanity on October 02, 2017, 10:11:30 am
You guys are assuming he wants to go from HC all the way back to being a position coach.
And you're assuming he doesn't?

hogsanity

Quote from: PonderinHog on October 02, 2017, 10:13:13 am
And you're assuming he doesn't?

No, I have no idea if he does or does not want to do that.

PorkRinds

My god. No one is assuming anything. We are hoping and discussing. If you don't like it go be miserable somewhere else.

Letsroll1200

Why wait? Bret fired Markuson after two games before.

navyhog24

The guy made $500k at UTEP. We pay Anderson $370k for his crapola lines and crapola recruiting. We were ready to pay Sam Pittman $600k before he left for Georgia. We can definitely put out $500k+ for a top OL coach like Kugler.

rljjr

CBB has a recent history of bringing former head coaches to be assistants, so I'll just wait and see what happens. No reason to go negative on CBB on an action he hasn't publicly taken. I'm sure all of you complaining have your inside sources confirming absolutely nothing is going on. There's time to perform the autopsy.

Dropkick

Hire him now as an analyst/consultant, whatever the hell Bama does to keep a stable of extra coaches.

ThisTeetsTaken

October 02, 2017, 11:59:07 am #42 Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 12:09:19 pm by ThisTeetsTaken
Arkansas HAS to have coaches with his type of intensity.  Can't baby players that are more than likely not as gifted as the competition.  They have to be pushed.  He will be an asset wherever he goes.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Wildhog on October 02, 2017, 09:52:29 am
Hiring Kugler would actually give me a little bit of hope that we can turn this around.
if he doesnt do it, im done
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

PorkRinds

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on October 02, 2017, 12:02:37 pm
if he doesnt do it, im done

I mean, he may not even have the option. Be honest, you won't be done if he starts winning no matter who the OL coach is.

drizzle

Question for everyone in here:

Suppose we end in the 6-7 range, disappointing losses abounding.  Everything fans have complained about to date stays the same.

Would BB announcing that Kugler was coming on board for OL coach be enough for you to want to give him another year?  (Regardless of whether you actually have a say in it.)

Just curious how strongly people feel about him.

Wildhog

Quote from: drizzle on October 02, 2017, 12:14:15 pm

Suppose we end in the 6-7 range, disappointing losses abounding.  Everything fans have complained about to date stays the same.

Would BB announcing that Kugler was coming on board for OL coach be enough for you to want to give him another year?  (Regardless of whether you actually have a say in it.)

If we end in the 6-7 range, he'll be here another year, regardless.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Wildhog

It would give me some hope, though.  Give CBB a competent OL and we can win some games.
1909/1964/1965/1977

PorkRinds

Quote from: drizzle on October 02, 2017, 12:14:15 pm

Moot point. CBB will be here another year at least.  Unless something comes open that he couldn't refuse, like replacing his mentor at K-state or possibly even Nebraska where his brand of football may work better.

jcbville

Quote from: Wildhog on October 02, 2017, 12:15:48 pm
It would give me some hope, though.  Give CBB a competent OL and we can win some games.

Its almost a must hire I think. It would inject badly needed energy and yes hope into things at this point.