Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs didn't get much of a Bracketology bump from Lunardi after SCar win ...

Started by Kevin McPherson, February 16, 2017, 09:31:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogwood

Yeah but at least we're not in the play-in. We'd face #6 St. Mary's in his bracket. If we play at our pace that game could really be in our favor.

King Kong

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on February 16, 2017, 09:31:35 am
https://twitter.com/ARHoopScoop/status/832250402292707328

It shouldn't have moved us much at this point of the season. The NCAA bus is filling up fast now with little room for movement up the bracket.

We have to got to take care of business at home down the stretch because there isn't much margin anymore.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: hogwood on February 16, 2017, 09:34:48 am
Yeah but at least we're not in the play-in. We'd face #6 St. Mary's in his bracket. If we play at our pace that game could really be in our favor.

I don't fixate on Lunardi's specific matchups and seedings too much. What I do pay attention to is that he is 98% accurate predicting the field, and that his 2% misses are 10-, 11- or 12-seeds. Would feel much better if/when he has the Hogs projected as a 9-seed or better again.

mj4president

"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

HF#1

Why would anyone expect a big jump as inconsistent as we are? There is a decent shot we lose Saturday given our history this season. I'd say it's 60/40
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

redleg

Quote from: hogwood on February 16, 2017, 09:34:48 am
Where are they projected to play? Tulsa, hopefully?!
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

TexasRazorback

USC-e was a soft 6 seed. Its a nice resume win but was never a big boost. Keep winning and avoid the losses to teams we should beat and we will be fine. A good SEC tourney run with a win over UF or UK would help more than a 2nd win over USC-e in  the tourney

Raymond Zorback

That's actually a significant bump.  We were in the Last 4 in, now we're not.
You can call me Ray.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HF#1 on February 16, 2017, 12:20:28 pm
Why would anyone expect a big jump as inconsistent as we are? There is a decent shot we lose Saturday given our history this season. I'd say it's 60/40
at home to Ole Piss? Not likely. We are , like, 85-90% going to win that game. I get we are inconsistent, but, in case you missed it, we went to a dirty match-up zone/man combo on defense that is working and we settled on a tighter, more efficient rotation in the last couple games. Also, our team is very "new" to each other and chemistry takes time. Despite that they are 5-2 on the road and 19-7 overall. They will continue to improve and the chemistry is getting way better. Also, we have FOUR guys who on any given night could drop 18-24 points. This team can be really good. That win last night wasn't because SC played poorly at all. They were pretty damn clutch tbh. Hannahs3, Macon, and Barford willed us to victory. They were playing at a very high level last night.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HF#1

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 16, 2017, 01:22:16 pm
at home to Ole Piss? Not likely. We are , like, 85-90% going to win that game. I get we are inconsistent, but, in case you missed it, we went to a dirty match-up zone/man combo on defense that is working and we settled on a tighter, more efficient rotation in the last couple games. Also, our team is very "new" to each other and chemistry takes time. Despite that they are 5-2 on the road and 17-7 overall. They will continue to improve and the chemistry is getting way better. Also, we have FOUR guys who on any given night could drop 18-24 points. This team can be really good. That win last night wasn't because SC played poorly at all. They were pretty damn clutch tbh. Hannahs3, Macon, and Barford willed us to victory. They were playing at a very high level last night.

I present Mizzou, Vandy, Mississippi State as my evidence that we have a better than average shot at flopping Saturday and pissing that victory at SC away. We'll see I guess.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

navyhog24

at home to Ole Piss? Not likely. We are , like, 85-90% going to win that game. I get we are inconsistent, but, in case you missed it, we went to a dirty match-up zone/man combo on defense that is working and we settled on a tighter, more efficient rotation in the last couple games. Also, our team is very "new" to each other and chemistry takes time. Despite that they are 5-2 on the road and 19-7 overall. They will continue to improve and the chemistry is getting way better. Also, we have FOUR guys who on any given night could drop 18-24 points. This team can be really good. That win last night wasn't because SC played poorly at all. They were pretty damn clutch tbh. Hannahs3, Macon, and Barford willed us to victory. They were playing at a very high level last night.

Under Andy Kennedy, Ole Miss is 5-3 at the Bud. Historically, Ole Miss always seem to give the Hogs trouble no matter the venue. The game will not be as easy as you expect.

swinesation

Quote from: navyhog24 on February 16, 2017, 01:26:26 pm
Under Andy Kennedy, Ole Miss is 5-3 at the Bud. Historically, Ole Miss always seem to give the Hogs trouble no matter the venue. The game will not be as easy as you expect.

Huge game. You could even say our tourney hopes hinge on it.

Kevin McPherson

Quote from: Raymond Zorback on February 16, 2017, 01:19:30 pm

No, a significant bump is what Michigan (No. 58 RPI) got by beating mediocre Indiana (14-11, 5-9 conf, RPI 91) on the road last week. Lunardi shot Wolverines up from Next Four Out -- past First Four Out and Last Four In -- all the way to Last Four Byes. That's a significant bump for a road win against "meh".

Last nite prior to SCar game, Lunardi had Hogs at the top of his Last Four In list, then bumped Hogs one spot to the bottom of the Last Four Byes. Not much movement at all. It is a positive, just not a significant move.

The_Iceman

Quote from: HF#1 on February 16, 2017, 01:26:23 pm
I present Mizzou, Vandy, Mississippi State as my evidence that we have a better than average shot at flopping Saturday and pissing that victory at SC away. We'll see I guess.

It's like they just forget about those games.

wildturkey8

Raymond Zorback

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on February 16, 2017, 03:14:23 pmLast nite prior to SCar game, Lunardi had Hogs at the top of his Last Four In list, then bumped Hogs one spot to the bottom of the Last Four Byes. Not much movement at all. It is a positive, just not a significant move.

It's significant when there are only 5 games left for most teams.
You can call me Ray.

Biggus Piggus

Ole Miss can give Arkansas trouble because it has good overall length, a strong post player, and a very good guard. The one matchup that favors us = the Rebels are not a good outside shooting team.
[CENSORED]!

revolution

Quote from: HOGdayafternoon on February 16, 2017, 03:14:23 pm
No, a significant bump is what Michigan (No. 58 RPI) got by beating mediocre Indiana (14-11, 5-9 conf, RPI 91) on the road last week. Lunardi shot Wolverines up from Next Four Out -- past First Four Out and Last Four In -- all the way to Last Four Byes. That's a significant bump for a road win against "meh".

Last nite prior to SCar game, Lunardi had Hogs at the top of his Last Four In list, then bumped Hogs one spot to the bottom of the Last Four Byes. Not much movement at all. It is a positive, just not a significant move.

I say we respond in a manner that Joe Lunardi will understand!

razorhead94

Quote from: Raymond Zorback on February 16, 2017, 01:19:30 pm

This...to bump that much as a bubble team is a good jump.  We are on the bubble for a reason.
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Pig in the Pokey

Considering over half of ya'll had us "out" and Mike fired a week ago, colour me sceptical of your takes. I said we were still in even after the Vandy loss.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

MushroomCloudHog

No reason for us to move up. You don't know what team is going to show up. This team is jekyll and hyde just like the football team. History says we have losses in our future and we really can't afford many if any to even get in the Tournament....

ronmahony

I hope you are right buddy, but I was pumped after the way we beat up Bama, I figured we would beat the dog out of Missouri, and  Vandy. But I am encouraged by the way we played the zone against LSU and S.C. I am a bit apprehensive of Ol Miss. I know we can beat them, I truly hope we do. I do feel like if we beat them we have a good chance of winning out. Just have to wait and see. The guys really looked pumped after the game.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Ham Sandwich

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 16, 2017, 03:18:18 pm
It's like they just forget about those games.

No, people like you and your buddy just dwell on it ad nauseam.

Good teams have bad games. Great teams have bad games. Replacing 7 players will give you some inconsistency. It's not hard to understand if you have common sense.

It's the time of the year now, where they've been through ups and downs. These guys know what's at stake knowing the season is coming to an end.

You're expecting the same ole same ole, but it's at a point of the season where the team should be settled in. Also, we have a ton of upperclassmen that are playing to get into the tourney.

There are more ways to look at it then this constant negative take.

Teams find their identity at different times of the season. It's not hard to understand the inconsistency when you replace 7 freaking guys.

Once again though, that's only if you know how to use common sense and logic.