Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Barford

Started by azhog10, February 16, 2017, 08:03:35 am

Previous topic - Next topic

azhog10

Has been huge for us on the road. We have had a tendency to start slow on road games and before we know it we are down too deep for us to get out of. Barford has been a guy that has carried this team till they have a chance to wake up. I wish we could see him have two really good halves, but I'll take a 15 or 17 point half every time on the road.

EastMemphisHog

Quote from: azhog10 on February 16, 2017, 08:03:35 am
Has been huge for us on the road. We have had a tendency to start slow on road games and before we know it we are down too deep for us to get out of. Barford has been a guy that has carried this team till they have a chance to wake up. I wish we could see him have two really good halves, but I'll take a 15 or 17 point half every time on the road.

I just wish he was more consistent. He is either a dominant force or a non-existent. He played a heck of a game last night though.

Hawg Red

Barford started his Razorback career trying to be a PG. He's gone back to his roots as a one-on-one scorer. That's who he is. He could be a dominant scorer in the league next season if he embraces his true self.

HF#1

Barford and Macon will be very formidable next season. Barford needs to be more careful when driving. He loves to use that arm to push off. He does it just about every time, it's a matter of making contact as to whether or not it is called.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

JayBell

Barford is the best on the team at creating his own shot.  That's his role.  That's why he was so important in the win at Vanderbilt.  Yes, Hannahs and Macon made the clutch shots down the stretch, but it's not even a game if Barford doesn't single-handedly keep them in it for the first 10 minutes of the first half.

When the offense is moving the ball well, you don't need Barford out there.  You can have some combination of Beard, Macon, Hannahs and Watkins outside.  Barford mixes it up.  Any time Arkansas goes 2-3 minutes without scoring, Anderson should make sure Barford is on the court and tell him to go to the bucket.