Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This Saturday vs. Ole Miss what kind of crowd will we have??

Started by swinesation, February 15, 2017, 08:47:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

Now that we did the remarkable and beat SC, Saturday's game at home against Ole Miss takes on huge significance. Win that game and our chances of making the tourney start to look pretty good!

So, will Razorback fans turn out and make some noise?? It seems to me this should be our best crowd of the year. It's our biggest Saturday home game thus far. It's at 5:00, which is ideal for people who have to travel a ways. So what do y'all think? Is Bud Walton Arena gonna rock this Saturday??

ricepig

Baseball plays at noon I believe, with the good weather I suspect both will be well attended.

k.c.hawg

I'm traveling down from KC. Looking forward to a good crowd.....a good game. These guys deserve it after back to back road wins with comebacks from being down 14 in both.
Just sitting on the deck with a cold beer and a hot tequila watching the razorbacks roam.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: swinesation on February 15, 2017, 08:47:05 pm
Now that we did the remarkable and beat SC, Saturday's game at home against Ole Miss takes on huge significance. Win that game and our chances of making the tourney start to look pretty good!

So, will Razorback fans turn out and make some noise?? It seems to me this should be our best crowd of the year. It's our biggest Saturday home game thus far. It's at 5:00, which is ideal for people who have to travel a ways. So what do y'all think? Is Bud Walton Arena gonna rock this Saturday??
I'm sure tonight's win helped increase the crowd by a few thousand. Can we please let the students have the lower level seats?! Please...
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

swinesation

Quote from: k.c.hawg on February 15, 2017, 08:50:12 pm
I'm traveling down from KC. Looking forward to a good crowd.....a good game. These guys deserve it after back to back road wins with comebacks from being down 14 in both.

Good man. I'm thinking it'll be a great crowd.

WorfHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 15, 2017, 08:48:35 pm
Baseball plays at noon I believe, with the good weather I suspect both will be well attended.

It's going to be a gorgeous weekend for baseball.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: WorfHog on February 15, 2017, 09:59:19 pm
It's going to be a gorgeous weekend for baseball.
Looking forward to that too. To bad I can't be there. :(
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

John Snow

the main problem with the student section is the fact that most upper class-men with students who don't have full time status because they have very few credits left take before they graduate  with 6 to 11 hours or  because they are also working or interning somewhere their student id chips won't let them in .  It is just wrong that hard working students get punished because they are not full time students and students with full time status never go to class or worry about getting a job to  pay for  tuition get go to games.

swinesation

Quote from: John Snow on February 16, 2017, 12:11:30 pm
the main problem with the student section is the fact that most upper class-men with students who don't have full time status because they have very few credits left take before they graduate  with 6 to 11 hours or  because they are also working or interning somewhere their student id chips won't let them in .  It is just wrong that hard working students get punished because they are not full time students and students with full time status never go to class or worry about getting a job to  pay for  tuition get go to games.

I agree. That seems like something that should be brought to Jeff Long's attention.

Virgil

Me and the wife are attending both the baseball and basketball games Saturday.  Hopefully both games turn out to be wins. 
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

BRHogfan

I haven't made it to a bball game yet this season.  Very excited to attend on Saturday.

hobhog

Quote from: Virgil on February 16, 2017, 03:11:36 pm
Me and the wife are attending both the baseball and basketball games Saturday.  Hopefully both games turn out to be wins.

I have heard quite a few people from LR doing this.

rljjr

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:50:58 pm
I'm sure tonight's win helped increase the crowd by a few thousand. Can we please let the students have the lower level seats?! Please...

AMEN to this. I'm just perplexed why this isn't the case.

PigWig

That is tough.  The rule is in place to keep people from signing up for 3 hours per semester (cheaper than donation + ticket prices for lower level seats in football and basketball) just to get student tickets.  It is designed to protect the students, but I don't think the cutoff should be 15 hours.  If you're taking 9 hours, you should get tickets if you want them. 

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: hobhog on February 16, 2017, 03:54:41 pm
I have heard quite a few people from LR doing this.

Add me to the list.  I'm from Searcy and will be getting an early start so I can attend both.  I'd decided to go BEFORE the SC win, because I look forward to baseball as much as I do football.

Since the SC win, I'm hoping it's packed to the rafters.  Goodness knows that's where I'll be sitting...  :razorback:

Mr. Porkleone

With baseball and warm weather. Exciting win over ranked team I'll go 12k

razorhead94

I expect 16,000+ for the basketball game.  The lower bowl is pretty much completely sold out with only half the upper deck with tickets left remaining.  Plus it's a Saturday game in the SEC.  If you look at the schedule there hasn't been many of those
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

DLUXHOG

"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Cmheinley

Quote from: PigWig on February 16, 2017, 04:11:02 pm
That is tough.  The rule is in place to keep people from signing up for 3 hours per semester (cheaper than donation + ticket prices for lower level seats in football and basketball) just to get student tickets.  It is designed to protect the students, but I don't think the cutoff should be 15 hours.  If you're taking 9 hours, you should get tickets if you want them.

I think I'm missing something. Has our student section been bad this year? I feel like I've seen that on the forums, but I haven't noticed when watching or listening

Jborohog09

Old man and I are coming from Jonesboro.  His first game in five years and my first game in two.  We're pretty excited.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Jborohog09 on February 16, 2017, 08:28:17 pm
Old man and I are coming from Jonesboro.  His first game in five years and my first game in two.  We're pretty excited.

Cherish your time with your dad......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

factchecker

When did this start?

My brother was taking grad courses (online- 6 hours per semester) the last two years and got student tickets plus collegiate membership into the Razorback Foundation.

Never had an issue with entry.  All you had to do was buy your Razorback Athletic Pass ($85).

http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/student-tickets/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

cardsNhogs

Would I be able to buy tickets at BWA when I get there? I live several hours away. How about the baseball game? Would I be able to buy tickets at the stadium? Thanks in advance

Hollywood_HOGan45

Coming in from Tulsa with my parents and bringing the wife and baby girl.

Woo pig.

razorhead94

Only about 1,000 tickets left remaining as of this morning and all upper deck.  Could be pretty full on Saturday.  #PackTheBud
"Primetime is whenever we play" - Jack Kenley 2019 OmaHogs

Razorback de Nosferatu

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 16, 2017, 09:16:01 pm
Would I be able to buy tickets at BWA when I get there? I live several hours away. How about the baseball game? Would I be able to buy tickets at the stadium? Thanks in advance

Baseball, definitely, though you might be sitting out in the grass in the Hog Pen.

Basketball game?  That's a risk.  After the SC game, I went ahead and bought basketball tickets. 

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: razorhead94 on February 17, 2017, 11:14:47 am
Only about 1,000 tickets left remaining as of this morning and all upper deck.  Could be pretty full on Saturday.  #PackTheBud
wow!!!
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"