Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

A noob jump ball question...

Started by HamSammich, February 15, 2017, 08:42:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamSammich

Awesome game tonight. I'll be honest I've checked out of arkansas bball for a while now: I've been pretty apathetic since jeff long screwed the program(jimo).

Serious question because I can't find it on the google. Has Anderson ever had a ranked team at arkansas? And how many and what rank? Because I can't find it but I have to believe the hogs have been ranked under him.

Hawg Red

We were ranked at some point during Portis' sophomore year.

cardsNhogs

Believe the Portis and Qualls team from 2 seasons ago was ranked.

HamSammich

Ok that seems like what I was thinking too. Thanks guys

skinnypig

Quote from: HamSammich on February 15, 2017, 08:42:19 pm
Awesome game tonight. I'll be honest I've checked out of arkansas bball for a while now: I've been pretty apathetic since jeff long screwed the program(jimo).

Serious question because I can't find it on the google. Has Anderson ever had a ranked team at arkansas? And how many and what rank? Because I can't find it but I have to believe the hogs have been ranked under him.

Must be a noob if you Long wrecked the program that's all on Frank he feuded with Nolan an hired Heath and Pelfrey

HamSammich

Quote from: skinnypig on February 15, 2017, 08:51:11 pm
Must be a noob if you Long wrecked the program that's all on Frank he feuded with Nolan an hired Heath and Pelfrey

And some people are clueless till athletic misery slaps them in the face after years of subpar play.

skinnypig

Quote from: HamSammich on February 15, 2017, 08:53:13 pm
And some people are clueless till athletic misery slaps them in the face after years of subpar play.
ok Frank Broyles hires Altman Heath an Pel .but it was Long hiring Anderson that sunk basketball at Arkansas. nice logic go eat your sammich

Cmheinley

The Portis/Qualls team teetered on being ranked and unranked for what seemed like a good portion of the season. I want to say the best we saw was #22 or #23 but don't quote me on that

skinnypig

Quote from: rob99SS on February 15, 2017, 09:42:38 pm
Nah we got up to around 18 or so.

Highest ranking was 18 final rank at end of season was 21

labb

Do believe Mr. White is the one responsible for the state our BB program is in.

cityhog

Quote from: labb on February 15, 2017, 09:48:13 pm
Do believe Mr. White is the one responsible for the state our BB program is in.

Indeed. It was Mr. White in the library with a lead pipe.

MountieDawg

Quote from: cardsNhogs on February 15, 2017, 08:43:57 pm
Believe the Portis and Qualls team from 2 seasons ago was ranked.

Pretty sure last years team was rank!
SEC!

rljjr

We got close this year, but "there's always next year!!!" I think that's a quote on one of the plaques outside the stadium.

Youngsta71701

We'll be ranked by the end of the season. Book It!!!... :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Pork Twain

February 17, 2017, 06:38:38 am #14 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:37:16 am by Pork Twain
Man you are a noob or in denial if you totally blocked out the end of Nolan and the performance of Heath and Pel and honestly believe that the hiring of a successful fan favorite is what got us to where we are today.  Most of us were at least ok with the MA hire because of the glory days and his past success.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/