Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Finally Got That Much Needed Signature Win!

Started by Youngsta71701, February 15, 2017, 07:35:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBell

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 16, 2017, 07:42:27 pmDo you honestly think we will "all" be behind him if Hogs make the tourney?  The truth is the ones not behind him have never been behind him and never will be.  The same people complaining now were complaining throughout the 2014-15 season.

This is baseless BS.  It's these kinds of accusations that have made this place toxic at times ever since midway through the 2013-14 when people started to get tired of some of Anderson's shortcomings.  We kept hearing about how so many people just hated Mike, then a poll on here showed that like 90% of people on this forum, who represent a minority of the fan base, did not even want him fired.

Plenty of us still had issues with Mike's decision in 2014-15, but we shut up, because the team won.  And it was fun.  Stop acting like every criticism of Anderson comes from a butthurt "hater."  It's nonsense, it's not constructive and it only deepens the divide.

Swinesong1

Quote from: JayBell on February 16, 2017, 08:26:44 pm
This is baseless BS.  It's these kinds of accusations that have made this place toxic at times ever since midway through the 2013-14 when people started to get tired of some of Anderson's shortcomings.  We kept hearing about how so many people just hated Mike, then a poll on here showed that like 90% of people on this forum, who represent a minority of the fan base, did not even want him fired.

Plenty of us still had issues with Mike's decision in 2014-15, but we shut up, because the team won.  And it was fun.  Stop acting like every criticism of Anderson comes from a butthurt "hater."  It's nonsense, it's not constructive and it only deepens the divide.
If you want to stick with that lie, just go back and look at the posts from that season.  I stand by my "baseless bs". 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 16, 2017, 02:30:13 pm
Mike gets all the blame when we don't shoot well so why not give him some credit when we do shoot well? ;)

I said on another thread, Mike should get as much credit for this win as he got for the losses at Mizzou and vs Vandy.

He coached a good games against South Carolina. The zone was a smart move.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: realistichog on February 16, 2017, 07:37:54 pm
It would be a lot better if we didn't have several signature loses.
That always helps but it is what it is at this point. We are who we are but I have a feeling the inconsistency part is about to change.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 16, 2017, 07:42:27 pm
Do you honestly think we will "all" be behind him if Hogs make the tourney?  The truth is the ones not behind him have never been behind him and never will be.  The same people complaining now were complaining throughout the 2014-15 season.
You mean that season when we went 27-9, 13-5? No way :o

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JayBell on February 16, 2017, 08:26:44 pm

Serious question. What was Mike's decision in 2014-15?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 16, 2017, 09:36:06 pm
I said on another thread, Mike should get as much credit for this win as he got for the losses at Mizzou and vs Vandy.

Nah Iceman, I wasn't talking about you in general. Some were saying it was Mike's fault that we missed so many open shots and layups in the first half against Vandy. Now that I really didn't understand out of all the other bull I heard I thought that was the craziest.

I'm like Frank Martin said about his team after the loss the other night. He said if he had a uniform he could fix the problem immediately but he doesn't, he can't play for them...lol...He said a lot of his teammates wouldn't like him.

You noticed how a lot of Michael Jordan's teammates didn't particularly like him but they respected him, they played hard, and they did what he asked them to. That's called a leader on the court.

JayBell

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 16, 2017, 09:35:49 pmIf you want to stick with that lie, just go back and look at the posts from that season.  I stand by my "baseless bs".

It's not a lie.  Thank you for the accusation.  I know it's a lie because I was one of the loudest critics during his third year.  I was annoyed during the down year last year but never called for him to be fired and I've been on the same even keel throughout this season: NCAAT or bust.  Right now, it looks like he will have the program with some momentum heading into next season, but there's still at least six games to go.

JayBell

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 17, 2017, 08:23:33 amSerious question. What was Mike's decision in 2014-15?

It was meant to be plural, as in his coaching decisions made throughout the season.  I still disliked the way he stuck to Harris at the 4, refused to play Kingsley and Portis together, took too long to integrate Beard into the starting lineup, played the same defense that's gotten them in trouble throughout his tenure and still had a tendency to make weird substitutions, like taking out scorers just as they were getting hot.  They were much better in close games that season, but it felt like a lot of games were closer than they needed to be.

And yet the team won.  It was a great season.  You'd have to be a real @$$hole to complain too loudly when things are going that well.  Not nearly as many of those @$$holes exist as Swinesong1 is alleging.  We have seen that proven time and time again.  Those accusations are far more destructive than constructive.

Swinesong1

Quote from: JayBell on February 17, 2017, 09:30:48 am
It was meant to be plural, as in his coaching decisions made throughout the season.  I still disliked the way he stuck to Harris at the 4, refused to play Kingsley and Portis together, took too long to integrate Beard into the starting lineup, played the same defense that's gotten them in trouble throughout his tenure and still had a tendency to make weird substitutions, like taking out scorers just as they were getting hot.  They were much better in close games that season, but it felt like a lot of games were closer than they needed to be.

And yet the team won.  It was a great season.  You'd have to be a real @$$hole to complain too loudly when things are going that well.  Not nearly as many of those @$$holes exist as Swinesong1 is alleging.  We have seen that proven time and time again.  Those accusations are far more destructive than constructive.
I'm always amused by those making the most noise accusing those who speak out against them of being the problem.  And I will still stick by my accusation of you lying about there not being people complaining throughout the 2914-15 season.  So it's not a "if they make it to the NCAA we ALL will get behind Anderson" thing at all.  You only need to go back two seasons to disprove that. 

JayBell

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 09:58:08 amI'm always amused by those making the most noise accusing those who speak out against them of being the problem.  And I will still stick by my accusation of you lying about there not being people complaining throughout the 2914-15 season.  So it's not a "if they make it to the NCAA we ALL will get behind Anderson" thing at all.  You only need to go back two seasons to disprove that.

Cool.  Now, as per my point, please explain to me how you accusing me of lying and accusing fans of only wanting to see the downfall of Mike Anderson is constructive in any way?  What good does it do other than making you feel like you're the big bad maverick willing to take on the haters?

Swinesong1

Quote from: JayBell on February 17, 2017, 10:09:47 am
Cool.  Now, as per my point, please explain to me how you accusing me of lying and accusing fans of only wanting to see the downfall of Mike Anderson is constructive in any way?  What good does it do other than making you feel like you're the big bad maverick willing to take on the haters?
I don't owe an explanation to a liar.

JayBell

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 10:13:28 amI don't owe an explanation to a liar.

I actually had hopes you would display a higher level of maturity.  False hope monster strikes again.

Pork Twain

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 16, 2017, 09:36:06 pm

I thought we looked great against uSc and give Mike the credit, but I also give him the blame for inconsistent play and some really bad losses this year.  Without the Mizzou, Miss St and Vandy losses, I would be super excited about this team.  Instead, I am looking towards next year and the excuses about having to replace Moses and Dusty.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

February 17, 2017, 10:35:54 am #64 Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 10:50:30 am by Pork Twain
Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 09:58:08 am
I'm always amused by those making the most noise accusing those who speak out against them of being the problem.  And I will still stick by my accusation of you lying about there not being people complaining throughout the 2914-15 season.  So it's not a "if they make it to the NCAA we ALL will get behind Anderson" thing at all.  You only need to go back two seasons to disprove that. 
You might not like it and calling him names might make you feel better but there were several of us complaining about the same things then as we are now.  Half court defense vs screens, perimeter defense, rebounding, and half-court offense.  Until at least some of those are fixed, we will continue to be wildly inconsistent.  As for only going back two years...going through old threads is very painful, but I will spend about 5 minutes to show you.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=581123.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=583029.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=583038.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=582994.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=583262.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=583287.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=583259.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=586500.0
http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=583306.0
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 10:35:54 am
You might not like it and calling him names might make you feel better but there were several of us complaining about the same things then as we are now.  Half court defense vs screens, rebounding, and half-court offense.  Until at least some of those are fixed, we will continue to be wildly inconsistent.  As for only going back two years...going through old threads is very painful.
Painful or not, why say something didn't happen if you're not willing to research it? 

Pork Twain

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 10:40:32 am
Painful or not, why say something didn't happen if you're not willing to research it? 
Well I would say something happened if I knew myself and some of my like minded posters said it, without wanting to go dig through old posts to link it for someone too lazy to look for themselves or just unwilling to see that they were wrong.

I did it for you, you can let it go now and likely owe him an apology for calling him a liar because you were also to lazy to look up the information you demanded he provide and as I have shown, in short order, he was surely not lying.  Searching through old posts is a thing we can all do and there were many more posts from back there that I did not copy and paste.  2014-15 was not as rosy as many remember, even with the easiest schedule in the SEC that year.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 11:05:59 am
Well I would say something happened if I knew myself and some of my like minded posters said it, without wanting to go dig through old posts to link it for someone too lazy to look for themselves or just unwilling to see that they were wrong.

I did it for you, you can let it go now and likely owe him an apology for calling him a liar because you were also to lazy to look up the information you demanded he provide and as I have shown, in short order, he was surely not lying.  Searching through old posts is a thing we can all do and there were many more posts from back there that I did not copy and paste.  2014-15 was not as rosy as many remember, even with the easiest schedule in the SEC that year.
Not sure what you "provided" to disprove a fact.  But, both you and he can continue to live in your alternative fact world. 

JayBell

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 11:13:24 amNot sure what you "provided" to disprove a fact.  But, both you and he can continue to live in your alternative fact world.

Aw, man, you fake news'd us!  2017 is crazy, man.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 11:05:59 am

You jumped into a debate while obviously not bothering to keep up!  Let me summarize...someone in this thread posted that if only the Hogs made it to the tourney, we would all get behind the coach.  I responded that that is simply not true because there are those not backing the coach now who wasn't backing him throughout the 2014-15 season.  A team that not only made it to the tourney, but in fact, won a game in said tourney.  Your cohort then claimed that was baseless bs. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 11:13:24 am
Not sure what you "provided" to disprove a fact.  But, both you and he can continue to live in your alternative fact world. 

You wanted proof that there was complaining back in that season and said it was all the same guys all along.  For you to say that, the burden of proof is actually on you, but you were a chickenshirt and called someone a liar because they would not do your work for you.  I gave you several posts from several different posters, none of which are the guys you are talking to today.  Easy enough for you to go back there, starting at about page 85-70 and find all of those negative posts from us.  Put up or shut up.

Well here is just a small taste of what I just read through and it has been the same complaints since day one as it is today, but even with that weak schedule, most of us were just happy to be winning again.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 11:21:11 am
You jumped into a debate while obviously not bothering to keep up!  Let me summarize...someone in this thread posted that if only the Hogs made it to the tourney, we would all get behind the coach.  I responded that that is simply not true because there are those not backing the coach now who wasn't backing him throughout the 2014-15 season.  A team that not only made it to the tourney, but in fact, won a game in said tourney.  Your cohort then claimed that was baseless bs. 
Then it should be very easy to find all of our negative posts.  I even gave you a rough page range to start off with.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 11:24:16 am
You wanted proof that there was complaining back in that season and said it was all the same guys all along.  For you to say that, the burden of proof is actually on you, but you were a chickenshirt and called someone a liar because they would not do your work for you.  I gave you several posts from several different posters, none of which are the guys you are talking to today.  Easy enough for you to go back there, starting at about page 85-70 and find all of those negative posts from us.  Put up or shut up.

Well here is just a small taste of what I just read through and it has been the same complaints since day one as it is today, but even with that weak schedule, most of us were just happy to be winning again.
Why are YOU taking it so personally?  Is the poster I was debating with your spouse?

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 11:25:47 am
Then it should be very easy to find all of our negative posts.  I even gave you a rough page range to start off with.
OUR!  I wasn't even talking to you!  That's what is weird about you jumping in. 

pigture perfect

I haven't commented on the Win Wednesday night, been in evening meetings and just didn't have time to post. I am proud for the win. When i checked my espn app Wednesday night i was pleasantly surprised. While i feel like this win partnered with taking care of business the rest of the way (with the exception of Florida) i think we will be fine for this season, but I don't have confidence yet that we have any more realistic sustained hope for success. I don't want to be a 1 out of 3 year tournament team. That's not a legitimate expectation for us to have.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pork Twain

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 11:26:43 am
Why are YOU taking it so personally?  Is the poster I was debating with your spouse?
Nope, I just disagree with your tactics.  Calling someone a liar and telling them to prove that you are wrong.  It is just lazy and shady.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 11:28:49 am
OUR!  I wasn't even talking to you!  That's what is weird about you jumping in. 
I jumped in because I disagree with what you are saying and I have been one of Mike's most outspoken critics this year, but just like with the majority of the other posters that are fed up, that was not always the case.  Your comments were not just directed at one poster, but anyone that dared to be dissatisfied with MA this year.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 11:32:45 am
Nope, I just disagree with your tactics.  Calling someone a liar and telling them to prove that you are wrong.  It is just lazy and shady.
Again...keep up.  He/she said I made a "baseless bs" comment.  It's not up to me to prove and research for them what is a fact.  ALL people were not behind the coach during a tourney invite and tourney win.  So yes, that is a lie. 

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 11:34:38 am
I jumped in because I disagree with what you are saying and I have been one of Mike's most outspoken critics this year, but just like with the majority of the other posters that are fed up, that was not always the case.  Your comments were not just directed at one poster, but anyone that dared to be dissatisfied with MA this year.
Glad we finally got to the truth behind your outrage.  You see me as defending someone you're critical of. 

Pork Twain

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 11:37:07 am
Again...keep up.  He/she said I made a "baseless bs" comment.  It's not up to me to prove and research for them what is a fact.  ALL people were not behind the coach during a tourney invite and tourney win.  So yes, that is a lie. 

Looks like I am not the one that needs to keep up.  He said that in response to...

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 16, 2017, 07:42:27 pm
Do you honestly think we will "all" be behind him if Hogs make the tourney?  The truth is the ones not behind him have never been behind him and never will be.  The same people complaining now were complaining throughout the 2014-15 season.
If your assertion is not baseless, it should be easy to prove.

pigture perfect

Following this logic makes me dizzier than a termite in a yo-yo.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pork Twain

Quote from: Swinesong1 on February 17, 2017, 11:39:48 am
Glad we finally got to the truth behind your outrage.  You see me as defending someone you're critical of. 
No I see you calling someone a liar because he called you out on making things up.  Technically in this situation, if one person makes something up and the other person calls him out for making it up...  Which of those is a the liar?

Swinesong1

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 17, 2017, 11:41:33 am
Looks like I am not the one that needs to keep up.  He said that in response to...
If your assertion is not baseless, it should be easy to prove.
Im too lazy to continue on with you. 

Pork Twain