Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How About We Give Mike A Little Bit Of Credit...

Started by Youngsta71701, February 11, 2017, 09:55:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LZH

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 10:13:44 am
A win is a win and a loss is a loss not matter the opponent.

Tell that to the NCAA selection committee.

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 11:45:56 am
We continue to underestimate just how hard it is to win a college basketball game against teams with just as much talent as you or just as many D1 players as you. SMH...I guess if you haven't played you don't know. It's not a walk in the park people. You can't just show up and think your going to win a college basketball game.

So was it less "hard" for those mediocre teams that beat our ass?...or was it just "harder" for us?

You're really out there with all this buddy. You've fought the good fight, but even you don't believe what you're saying anymore. Come back down here with the rest of us.

dsims2k3

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 13, 2017, 11:11:09 pm
Since Anderson was hired, except for Mark Fox, I believe they have.
Not Andy Kennedy. Kevin Stallings, Cuonzo Martin and Trent Johnson  left on their own terms.
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

maxhog5

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 14, 2017, 07:21:03 am
Not Andy Kennedy. Kevin Stallings, Cuonzo Martin and Trent Johnson  left on their own terms.
Yes, I missed Kennedy and don't be stupid.  The other 3 were being pushed when they jumped.

maxhog5

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 14, 2017, 12:14:30 am
Oh yopu mean those two games we actually won? Yeah I just wanted to clarify.

Yes, that is why they are segregated from the others and you really should read the whole conversation if you are going to comment and you will see I have mentioned this already in the thread. 

Jonteviosk

Quote from: maxhog5 on February 14, 2017, 09:04:09 am
Yes, that is why they are segregated from the others and you really should read the whole conversation if you are going to comment and you will see I have mentioned this already in the thread.

Making sure you can recognize dif between a win and a loss.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 13, 2017, 04:19:58 pm
The SEC is not a good basketball conference. So to be in the middle of the SEC means those teams are at the bottom of the ACC and Big 12, maybe even the Big 10 or Pac-12 as well.

You want to accuse me of a lack of knowledge about basketball, but you don't see him to have a firm grasp on what quality of team a "middle" SEC team is in the grand scheme of things.
They say that every year but we always seem to have a couple of teams do pretty good in the NCAA tournament. We have 5 teams make it in 2015 and had a drop off in 2016 with 3 teams making it. Although we had 7 teams with 10 or more conference wins and 4 teams with 20 or more overall wins. If you ask me we got screwed. Just saying...The SEC is not as weak as some perceive it to be. There is plenty of talent in this league.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ShadowHawg on February 13, 2017, 12:08:18 pm
EVERY team loses head scratchers. Every team.

No way Tenn should have beat UK. Same for Vandy at Florida. South Carolina bombed at home against a very AVERAGE to below average Bama team.

So can we quit acting like it is something unique to our team. I agree that we shouldn't be happy about losing to those teams, but fans that can't get happy over any win by their team are questionable to me.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 09:33:28 am
They say that every year but we always seem to have a couple of teams do pretty good in the NCAA tournament. We have 5 teams make it in 2015 and had a drop off in 2016 with 3 teams making it. Although we had 7 teams with 10 or more conference wins and 4 teams with 20 or more overall wins. If you ask me we got screwed. Just saying...The SEC is not as weak as some perceive it to be. There is plenty of talent in this league.

Yeah, Kentucky and Florida usually do pretty well. No one else in the conference has any sustainable success. Most years in the 2010 decade, the SEC has been a 3-4 bid conference, which is awful for a high-major conference. Look at all the bad non-con losses by the SEC each year. We see teams win 10 conference games because there is a lo of parity after the top 2-3 teams. Just mediocre to bad teams beating up on each other.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogs958 on February 13, 2017, 08:05:40 pm
credit is earned, and he hasn't earned it. It's been 6 years of mediocrity.
Get back with me after the regular season then we'll talk. I guess the level of mediocrity has been raised a level or two. Who raised this bar? Was it some delusional hog fan or was it the basketball experts that get paid to be exactly that? I'm just curious. If Mike is such a mediocre coach I would hate to see a REALLY bad coach.

If you check his win/loss record and still consider him a bad coach then you have some serious problems my friend. Info below...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Anderson_(basketball)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: HogBreath on February 13, 2017, 09:25:44 pm
Somebody, ,maybe it was DSims, said that Miss. State was really, really good..like elite 8 maybe good after they derailed the fast 40.
I don't think they are good. But I also don't think they are bad. I think they an average team with enough talent to beat anybody on any given night. They have a lot of top young talent. Check out their last recruiting class.

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Season/2016-Basketball/Commits

hawganatic

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 09:42:39 am
Get back with me after the regular season then we'll talk. I guess the level of mediocrity has been raised a level or two. Who raised this bar? Was it some delusional hog fan or was it the basketball experts that get paid to be exactly that? I'm just curious. If Mike is such a mediocre coach I would hate to see a REALLY bad coach.

If you check his win/loss record and still consider him a bad coach then you have some serious problems my friend. Info below...

Whether Anderson is a good coach or not is irrelevant right now.  What is relevant is he's only made the tournament one time in his five full seasons here, and is in serious danger of missing it his sixth season.  We can stop looking at his coaching record and debating the ins and outs of his coaching ability, it's all in the results.

Two questions:

1.  If when Anderson was hired you somehow knew he would only have taken his team to the tournament one time at this point, would you have still supported the hire?

2.  If we were looking for a new coach right now and we hired a coach that had been to the tournament only one time in the last six years, how excited would you be for that hire?

It's all about the results...

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 09:42:39 am

Most coaches with MA's Arkansas record are without a job.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Youngsta71701

Quote from: OperationRestoreHawgBall on February 14, 2017, 12:50:08 am
nope..why should i give him credit for an adjustment that should have been made in the first half? Or hey...maybe even watch game tape and make the adjustments before the game! this loss did not "stop the bleeding"...there is a lot of work left to do to even make it to the tourny
Of course your not gonna give him credit for making the changes probably you and most others have been crying for. Myself included. What does it matter when he made them as long as he made them? He made them, we came back and won, enough said.

Youngsta71701

February 14, 2017, 09:56:30 am #163 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 09:32:44 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: LZH on February 14, 2017, 03:50:41 am
Tell that to the NCAA selection committee.

So was it less "hard" for those mediocre teams that beat our ass?...or was it just "harder" for us?

You're really out there with all this buddy. You've fought the good fight, but even you don't believe what you're saying anymore. Come back down here with the rest of us.
It's thrilling to know that just because you and others look at everything from a negative point of view instead of a positive point of view that makes you right and the positive people wrong. Scary just how dark this world really is...

Pork Twain

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 09:56:30 am
It's trilling to know that just because you and others look at everything from a negative point of view instead of a positive point of view that makes you right and the positive people wrong. Scary just how dark this world really is...
I love BB, but even with him, this is a make it or break it year for me.  That was last year as far as I am concerned with MA.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Youngsta71701

February 14, 2017, 10:00:51 am #165 Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 10:28:37 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2017, 09:40:49 am
Yeah, Kentucky and Florida usually do pretty well. No one else in the conference has any sustainable success. Most years in the 2010 decade, the SEC has been a 3-4 bid conference, which is awful for a high-major conference. Look at all the bad non-con losses by the SEC each year. We see teams win 10 conference games because there is a lo of parity after the top 2-3 teams. Just mediocre to bad teams beating up on each other.
With that being said it's the same way with the SEC in football. All we do is beat up on each other but most people still consider the SEC the best conference in college football. How many teams won more than 8 games in the SEC besides Alabama? Make sense of that for me. Just because your conference beats up on each other doesn't mean that conference is a bad conference. It just simply means the teams in that conference beat up on each other. Which seems to happen quite a bit in the SEC no matter the sport.

maxhog5

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 14, 2017, 09:16:18 am
Making sure you can recognize dif between a win and a loss.

Don't patronize me moron.  Do you recognize the difference between good basketball and bad?

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hawganatic on February 14, 2017, 09:52:05 am
Whether Anderson is a good coach or not is irrelevant right now.  What is relevant is he's only made the tournament one time in his five full seasons here, and is in serious danger of missing it his sixth season.  We can stop looking at his coaching record and debating the ins and outs of his coaching ability, it's all in the results.

Two questions:

1.  If when Anderson was hired you somehow knew he would only have taken his team to the tournament one time at this point, would you have still supported the hire?

2.  If we were looking for a new coach right now and we hired a coach that had been to the tournament only one time in the last six years, how excited would you be for that hire?

It's all about the results...
I know how teams can get screwed out of the tournament sometimes. Especially when some of the smaller conferences have upsets in their conference tournaments. It happens every year and knocks out a deserving big conference team. See South Carolina in 2016 for the latest results of that. We should have gone in 2013-2014. Give me coach that wins 20 games a year or pretty close to it I think I can be patient enough to wait on the 27 win seasons.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 14, 2017, 09:53:01 am
That's the reason why there is no longer any loyalty in sports. You got a winner as a coach but fans always want more. Don't mess up something good looking for something better and then it turns out to be worse. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 10:00:51 am
With that being said it's the same way with the SEC in football. All we do is beat up on each other but most people still consider the SEC the best conference in college football. How many teams won more than 8 games in the SEC besides Alabama? Make sense of that for me. Just because your conference beats up on each other doesn't mean that conference is a bad conference. It just simple means the teams in that conference beat up on each other. Which seems to happen quite a bit in the SEC no matter the sport.

You know why it doesn't make sense to you? Because you're comparing college football to college basketball.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2017, 10:16:29 am
You know why it doesn't make sense to you? Because you're comparing college football to college basketball.
I'm comparing the concept. The SEC beats up on each other no matter the sport. Plain & simple. Doesn't make it a bad conference. Makes it a competitive conference.

hawganatic

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 10:08:12 am
I know how teams can get screwed out of the tournament sometimes.

I always laugh when I see this line of thought.  If the coaches were doing a good job we wouldn't be in a position to get screwed.  It's like the guys that complain about getting screwed by the ref.  Don't have your team in a position where one or two plays loses you the game and it's not a problem.

20 wins isn't that big of a deal anymore and isn't going to get you into the tournament.  If that's your standard, then you're good with where we are right now. 

I was in school in Fayetteville in the early 90s and know how much fun it was to have the best team in the country on your campus.  I remember being crushed when we lost our first game in the 93/94 season (Mississippi State) and how lit up Dickson Street was the night we won the championship.  I doubt we ever get to that level again, but would be cool to have a team that wasn't sitting on the bubble, and actuallly had a good chance of going deep into the tournament.  That's more my standard.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 10:00:51 am
With that being said it's the same way with the SEC in football. All we do is beat up on each other but most people still consider the SEC the best conference in college football. How many teams won more than 8 games in the SEC besides Alabama? Make sense of that for me. Just because your conference beats up on each other doesn't mean that conference is a bad conference. It just simply means the teams in that conference beat up on each other. Which seems to happen quite a bit in the SEC no matter the sport.
Yes we all beat up on each other. The difference is that almost every year, the SEC does very well outside of it's conference in football
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Hawg Red

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 10:29:50 am
I'm comparing the concept. The SEC beats up on each other no matter the sport. Plain & simple. Doesn't make it a bad conference. Makes it a competitive conference.

There's nothing about "beating up on each other" that makes teams or a conference mediocre or bad. What makes teams mediocre or bad is being mediocre or bad. SEC football, most years, is a the strong conference in the country from top to bottom. It was not this past season, though. The SEC, most year, is a very poor to mediocre conference. It was a decently good conference here recently when it got 5 teams in the tournament, but over the last decade, it has been the weakest of the major conferences. Only people out of touch or grasping to some kind agenda argue otherwise. There is a lot of coaching talent in the league right now. It's hard to see it staying down very long as coaches like Pearl, Martin, Howland, Barnes, Johnson, etc. get their cultures established. My fear is that we move down in the bottom-middle of the conference with those coaches being better than Anderson (granted, jury still out on Avery, Drew, and Mike White).

I think if we keep Mike and just let him keep his job without any real success, we're going to turn into Ole Miss under Andy Kennedy where 19-21 wins is acceptable regardless of if it comes with postseason play. I do not want that and I'm afraid Anderson has lost my trust and confidence the last couple of weeks. He's lost it because we are seeing the same in-season failures each year with only the 27-win season as an exception. And as good as that season was, we only won one NCAA tournament game and beat a 12 seed by 3 points to do it. I have to ask you, what have you seen from Anderson in his time at Arkansas and since his Elite 8 run at Missouri (which was 8 years ago) that gives you any kind of confidence in him to have real success at Arkansas? My concerns with Anderson extend to before he came here. His team's effort his last two years at Missouri was very lackluster. Now I'm seeing the same thing here in Year 6 at Arkansas. I'm not seeing good coaching ability from him. There is no articulation in his answers or comments. He does not seem prepared a lot of the time and is very slow to react if he even reacts to an obstacle. It's concerning. I was with him until we crapped the bed against Missouri and Vanderbilt. Those losses were brutal. I need to see him actually coaching out there and making adjustments, even being proactive rather than slowly reactive. I'm afraid we'll end the season in that 20-22 win, no NCAA but maybe NIT purgatory that will get him another year. A part of me wants to avoid that purgatory with the Hogs even winning most if not all of their remaining regular season games and making the NCAA tournament or losing the rest of them to make it hard for Long to not fire him. I hate that it's come to this, but I just have not been giving any reason to believe in him and I've been very patient. Vocally frustrated at times but patient overall.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 10:11:09 am
That's the reason why there is no longer any loyalty in sports. You got a winner as a coach but fans always want more. Don't mess up something good looking for something better and then it turns out to be worse. The grass isn't always greener on the other side.
So you are saying that making 1 NCAA tourney every 5 and possibly 6 years is good? Is that what we should expect and are unreasonable if we want more?Shouldn't you always try to improve yourself and your situation? Fear of the unknown is just giving up.

Anyway, I am sure we agree that Mike is not going anywhere (for whatever reasons). GO HOGS
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Hawg Red

Mike Anderson hasn't won anything in almost a decade. He made less SEC tournaments than Stan Heath did in his first 5 years. At some point, you might want to consider the possibility that Mike Anderson isn't that good of a coach anymore.

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2017, 11:03:12 am
Mike Anderson hasn't won anything in almost a decade. He made less SEC tournaments than Stan Heath did in his first 5 years. At some point, you might want to consider the possibility that Mike Anderson isn't that good of a coach anymore.

Yeah its not like you have ever supported him but been against him since day 1.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 14, 2017, 11:04:56 am

Check your facts.

Pork Twain

The crap sandwich that MA has given us might be delicious to you, but it still tastes like crap to me.  We have and can do much better

dsims2k3

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 14, 2017, 09:53:01 am

Billy  Kennedy
Andy Kennedy
Frank Martin 

These are considered  quality  coaches  but  they have  not  outperformed CMA in a 4-5 year span. However you guys  think that CMA isn't.

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 14, 2017, 11:25:38 am
The crap sandwich that MA has given us might be delicious to you, but it still tastes like crap to me.  We have and can do much better

Buzz, Archie, and whoever else you think is a good fit for  this Arkansas fanbase will Fair no better than what we have. We will  be starting over from scratch while 13 other SEC programs are steadily  getting  better.  It will  be a total rebuild and you guys will be  claimingredients that he is cleaning up a mess. Just to have a win percentage in the 60s.

hawganatic

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 14, 2017, 11:47:21 am
Buzz, Archie, and whoever else you think is a good fit for  this Arkansas fanbase will Fair no better than what we have. We will  be starting over from scratch while 13 other SEC programs are steadily  getting  better.  It will  be a total rebuild and you guys will be  claimingredients that he is cleaning up a mess. Just to have a win percentage in the 60s.

You are arguing against yourself right now.  You claim we can't do any better than Anderson, but then say we need a total rebuild.  If Anderson is the coach you guys say we are, then why are we needing a total rebuild?

DLUXHOG

Men..... brace yourselves....... but we were a national force for 20+ seasons at one time....
Quote from: DLUXHOG on February 09, 2017, 03:20:00 pm
<1976 - nothing much was cooking....
1976–77 Eddie Sutton 26–2 16–0 1st NCAA First Round
1977–78 Eddie Sutton 32–4 14–2 T-1st NCAA National Semifinal
1978–79 Eddie Sutton 25–5 13–3 T-1st NCAA Regional Final
1979–80 Eddie Sutton 21–8 13–3 2nd NCAA First Round
1980–81 Eddie Sutton 24–8 13–3 1st NCAA Sweet Sixteen
1981–82 Eddie Sutton 23–6 12–4 1st NCAA First Round
1982–83 Eddie Sutton 26–4 14–2 2nd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
1983–84 Eddie Sutton 25–7 14–2 2nd NCAA First Round
1984–85 Eddie Sutton 22–13 10–6 2nd NCAA Second Round
1985–86 Nolan Richardson 12–16 4–12 7th N/A
1986–87 Nolan Richardson 19–14 8–8 5th NIT Second Round
1987–88 Nolan Richardson 21–9 11–5 T-2nd NCAA First Round
1988–89 Nolan Richardson 25–7 13–3 1st NCAA Second Round
1989–90 Nolan Richardson 30–5 14–2 1st NCAA National Semifinal
1990–91 Nolan Richardson 34–4 15–1 1st NCAA Elite Eight
1991–92 Nolan Richardson 26–8 13–3 1st NCAA Second Round
1992–93 Nolan Richardson 22–9 10–6 3rd NCAA Sweet Sixteen
1993–94 Nolan Richardson 31–3 14–2 1st NCAA National Champion
1994–95 Nolan Richardson 32–7 12–4 T-1st (West) NCAA National Final
1995–96 Nolan Richardson 20–13 9–7 T-2nd (West) NCAA Sweet Sixteen
1996–97 Nolan Richardson 18–14 8–8 2nd (West) NIT Semifinals
1997–98 Nolan Richardson 24–9 11–5 2nd (West) NCAA Second Round
1998–99 Nolan Richardson 23–11 9–7 2nd (West) NCAA Second Round
1999–00 Nolan Richardson 19–15 7–9 3rd (West) NCAA First Round
2000–01 Nolan Richardson 20–11 10–6 2nd (West) NCAA First Round
>2001 - nothing much has happened.....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 14, 2017, 11:04:56 am

Nah, he goes back and forth. Few weeks ago he was all in. Close out on a hot streak and he'll jump back on the wagon.

Hawg Red

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 14, 2017, 11:38:56 am
Billy  Kennedy
Andy Kennedy
Frank Martin 

These are considered  quality  coaches  but  they have  not  outperformed CMA in a 4-5 year span. However you guys  think that CMA isn't.

You're seriously going to put Frank Martin in there given the job he took over? Do me a favor and go look at the 10 years of Gamecock basketball before he got there.

Also, Billy Kennedy has outperformed Mike Anderson. Or does Anderson have a secret Sweet 16 at Arkansas only you know about?

Hawg Red

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 14, 2017, 12:13:45 pm
Nah, he goes back and forth. Few weeks ago he was all in. Close out on a hot streak and he'll jump back on the wagon.

I'm out on Anderson. Done. He lost me. My mistake for thinking he'd have us ready down the stretch of the most important season of his career. There won't be hot streak to close out the season. He doesn't have it in him.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2017, 12:18:35 pm
I'm out on Anderson. Done. He lost me. My mistake for thinking he'd have us ready down the stretch of the most important season of his career. There won't be hot streak to close out the season. He doesn't have it in him.

I was pretty sure you were done with him earlier but you surprised me with your about face. He will be back next year though so he may still win you back over to the Fastest 40.

Hawg Red

Quote from: FineAsSwine on February 14, 2017, 12:24:36 pm
I was pretty sure you were done with him earlier but you surprised me with your about face. He will be back next year though so he may still win you back over to the Fastest 40.

I have never said I was done with Anderson pre-Missouri/Vanderbilt losses. I've been critical at times, but never done.

dsims2k3

Quote from: hawganatic on February 14, 2017, 11:55:16 am
You are arguing against yourself right now.  You claim we can't do any better than Anderson, but then say we need a total rebuild.  If Anderson is the coach you guys say we are, then why are we needing a total rebuild?
If another  coach  comes in he is not going to pick up where Anderson left off.

Hawg Red

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 14, 2017, 12:29:49 pm
If another  coach  comes in he is not going to pick up where Anderson left off.

Right. He's probably going to do better.

dsims2k3

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2017, 12:15:04 pm
You're seriously going to put Frank Martin in there given the job he took over? Do me a favor and go look at the 10 years of Gamecock basketball before he got there.

Also, Billy Kennedy has outperformed Mike Anderson. Or does Anderson have a secret Sweet 16 at Arkansas only you know about?
How? Because of a one year run that was last year... I thought coaches weren't supposed to have a  drop off after making the tournament.  Ironic

Hawg Red

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 14, 2017, 12:34:37 pm
How? Because of a one year run that was last year... I thought coaches weren't supposed to have a  drop off after making the tournament.  Ironic

What has Anderson done at Arkansas to outperform Billy Kennedy?

Your move.

Better yet, what has Anderson done in his entire career other than "a one year run" followed up by another "one year run" four years later (and nada since)?

dsims2k3

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2017, 12:37:27 pm
What has Anderson done at Arkansas to outperform Billy Kennedy?

Your move.

Better yet, what has Anderson done in his entire career other than "a one year run" followed up by another "one year run" four years later (and nada since)?
Since 2011
Billy Kennedy: 111 wins  47 conference wins
Mike  Anderson: 120 wins 55 conference wins

ronmahony

I think the bottom line is, at least for me, I watched the second half of the West Virginia-Kansas game last night. That was some great BB, Kansas came from behind to win, the place was packed  the crowd was so loud they beat the record that Kentucky set last week. That was us a few years ago. I am never going to be truly satisfied until we get back to that. I thought Mike would get us back to that. He said he would, he has had six years and hadn't even come close. I believe beating a bad LSU team is a far cry from where we should be by now. That's it for me. I think we need to give someone else a shot.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2017, 11:03:12 am
Arkansas hasn't won like this in almost two decades.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hawganatic on February 14, 2017, 10:43:42 am
I always laugh when I see this line of thought.  If the coaches were doing a good job we wouldn't be in a position to get screwed.  It's like the guys that complain about getting screwed by the ref.  Don't have your team in a position where one or two plays loses you the game and it's not a problem.

20 wins isn't that big of a deal anymore and isn't going to get you into the tournament.  If that's your standard, then you're good with where we are right now. 

I was in school in Fayetteville in the early 90s and know how much fun it was to have the best team in the country on your campus.  I remember being crushed when we lost our first game in the 93/94 season (Mississippi State) and how lit up Dickson Street was the night we won the championship.  I doubt we ever get to that level again, but would be cool to have a team that wasn't sitting on the bubble, and actuallly had a good chance of going deep into the tournament.  That's more my standard.
I got some news for you. You might not believe me when I tell you this. But only 3 schools in the SEC have EVER won the NCAA championship. As a matter of fact those same 3 schools are the only schools in the SEC to EVER make it to the Final 4 also. Kentucky has won 8, Florida has won 2, and Arkansas has won 1. In other words it ain't easy my friend. And it's even harder to make it to the NCAA tournament now days.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: dsims2k3 on February 14, 2017, 12:47:02 pm
Since 2011
Billy Kennedy: 111 wins  47 conference wins
Mike  Anderson: 120 wins 55 conference wins

Please don't bring up facts on hogville

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 14, 2017, 11:25:38 am
It's not the best tasting sandwich to me right now either. But it's doesn't taste as bad as some of you guys make it taste. Trust me, it can taste better and it will taste better. Do I expect 27 wins every year? No. But the 22 to 25 a year is coming. The consistency that I've been waiting for is coming. I can see it. I can see him starting to learn from his mistakes as we go.

porkinsons disease

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 01:13:01 pm
I got some news for you. You might not believe me when I tell you this. But only 3 schools in the SEC have EVER won the NCAA championship. As a matter of fact those same 3 schools are the only schools in the SEC to EVER make it to the Final 4 also. Kentucky has won 8, Florida has won 2, and Arkansas has won 1. In other words it ain't easy my friend. And it's even harder to make it to the NCAA tournament now days.
So you are saying the SEC ,other than UK, is not/has not been a very good basketball conference? I think we have found something we agree on.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hawg Red on February 14, 2017, 12:15:04 pm

Look at the 10 year of Razorback basketball before Mike got here.