Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beating LSU was supposed to happen

Started by Porked Tongue, February 11, 2017, 09:30:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 11, 2017, 11:17:23 pm
I'll accept it for what it is - a win - and move on.

Make the NCAA Tournament, and all is well.

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 05, 2017, 02:47:20 pm
I do not.

If we make the NCAAs, I will not call for him to be fired. However, that will not restore my confidence that Mike can get our program where it needs to be.

?
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Artex501

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2017, 09:43:18 pm
Who is to blame for the fans reacting this way after almost six years?

The fans.

The_Iceman

Quote from: rickfahr on February 12, 2017, 01:08:06 pm
Some of you are not recognizing that there is a difference in being happy with a win and being satisfied with the state of the program.

A very good distinction. Thanks.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 12, 2017, 02:26:10 pm
?
The doctor called me and said I only had a year to live.  I told the doctor I couldn't pay him.  He gave me another year to live.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 12, 2017, 05:37:38 am
Mediocre coaches are no t responsible for the fan base losing their give a shirt?
Nope, the last time I checked fans think how they want to think no matter what Mike does. Does he have mind control over you or something?
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2017, 07:03:03 am
LOL, please, explain to me what true fanship is about so I can compare it the 22 years of fanship that I can remember.

My first memory I can remember is crying when I was 6 years old after losing the NCAA Championship to UCLA. I remember going with my dad (season ticket holder) and watching Derek Hood, then Brandon Dean (I have jerseys of each). I was in the front of the student section leading the chants and cheers against Texas and OU in 2009. Even during law school, I found time to get to BWA to check out the team and cheer them on.

Even dispite my disapproval of Mike Anderson, I was at the Mississippi State and Alabama games. I watched the entire Mizzou debacle. So don't you dare question my loyalty or Fanwood just because I base my opinion of the Coach on facts, logic, and reason instead of nostalgia and emotion. I just want this program to reach its full potential, and I don't see that happening with Mediocre Mike.
The word in bold print is exactly what you base it on. That's why you are so emotional after every loss and don't know how to enjoy a win.

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 12, 2017, 02:26:10 pm
?

Very simple. While I don't believe Mike is the coach we need to restore our program
to where Eddie and Nolan had it, I don't agree with firing a coach after a season when we have won 22-25 games and made the NCAA Tournament.

I've said all season that I would be in favor of firing him if we didn't make the tourney. I see no need in moving the basket now.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: TheEnemy on February 12, 2017, 10:25:09 am
Really....you was what 3 or 4 years old during Sutton's last year?

And your not accepting reality, you are settling so it doesn't upset you when the team falls short.

There is nothing wrong with holding an extremely high paid coach accountable and expecting to get your money's worth.  There is no reason Razorback basketball can't be great again.
1. Of course I get upset when the team falls short just like everybody else but I take the time to look at why we fell short instead of automatically blaming everything on the coach. Like he tells his team to turn the ball over, to miss open shots, to not move the ball, to not move the body, not to make free throws, to not play defense, and last but not least not to rebound. If were to tell them to do those things or to not do those things when I would blame everything on him for misdirecting his players and not teaching and telling them to do the right things.

2. I don't except mediocre. I want us to be great again just like everybody else. The difference is that I have not lost faith in Mike like quite a few have. I still believe he will do what he needs to do or change what needs to be changed in order to get this program rolling again.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 12, 2017, 03:06:21 pm
Very simple. While I don't believe Mike is the coach we need to restore our program
to where Eddie and Nolan had it, I don't agree with firing a coach after a season when we have won 22-25 games and made the NCAA Tournament.

I've said all season that I would be in favor of firing him if we didn't make the tourney. I see no need in moving the basket now.

To clarify, making the NCAAT is good enough for him to stay employed but all is not well.  Understandable. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 12, 2017, 10:45:56 am
This is this biggest load of monkey shite I have ever read. Congratulations on passing up so many other ridiculous hogville posts.

I can't even think of a possible selfish agenda I could have. My only agenda is to see our program thrive, not lose to sub-.500 teams that knock us out of ncaa tournament contention as happened in 2014 and now again in 2017. I also like a program that doesn't go 16-16 in a coaches 5th year.

I'd like to have a coach that exceeds the ncaa tournament resumes of Stan Heath and John Pelphrey. If that means I have a selfish agenda, then I will accept that and not be the least bit ashamed. Better than shoving my head in the sand.
Take a look at Coach K's first 3 seasons and tell me why he's still at Duke? As a matter of fact look at his 16th season and tell me why he's still at Duke? Based on what you just described he definitely should have been fired after year 16.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mike_Krzyzewski

I mean he was there 16 years and somehow they slipped up and had an 8-8 season in conference. How dare he!

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 12, 2017, 03:08:20 pm
To clarify, making the NCAAT is good enough for him to stay employed but all is not well.  Understandable.

If making the tournament this year, which would be our second trip in three years, re-establishes that upward trajectory, I am fine with Mike remaining our coach. If we continue to make it, I will continue to be fine with him.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: WilsonHog on February 12, 2017, 03:14:07 pm
If making the tournament this year, which would be our second trip in three years, re-establishes that upward trajectory, I am fine with Mike remaining our coach. If we continue to make it, I will continue to be fine with him.

You aren't making sense again based on some other posts.  Making the NCAAT or winning games in it(in near future tournaments) and becoming a nationally relevant program again? 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: rickfahr on February 12, 2017, 01:08:06 pm
Some of you are not recognizing that there is a difference in being happy with a win and being satisfied with the state of the program.

I'm glad we beat LSU, but beating a cellar-dwelling team doesn't mean a thing.
You say it doesn't mean a thing right? What if we would have lost to LSU? How much worse would our chances of making the tournament be? Every win means a lot, every win on the road means more, every win to a good team means a lot, every win to a good team on the road means a lot more, and every loss to a bad team means a lot, and a loss to a bad team at home means a lot more.

To me that Vandy loss was the worse loss of the season. Although I don't think they're a bad team I just don't think they're a good team. Or maybe they're just inconsistent like us and so many SEC teams are? Who knows...

Youngsta71701

Quote from: TheEnemy on February 12, 2017, 01:09:31 pm
Cambridge English Dictionary
fanatic
noun [ C ] UK ​ /fəˈnæt.ɪk/ US ​ /fəˈnæt̬.ɪk/

C2 informal a person who is extremely interested in something, to a degree that some people find unreasonable:

Thesaurus.com
fanatic
noun person overenthusiastic about an interest

Vocabulary.com
fanatic
n a person motivated by irrational enthusiasm (as for a cause)

Free Dictionary.com
fa·nat·ic  (fə-năt′ĭk)
n.
A person marked or motivated by an extreme, unreasoning enthusiasm, as for a cause.

Oxford Dictionary
fanatic
NOUN

1A person filled with excessive and single-minded zeal,

Cherry picking a definition of Fanatic doesn't prove anything.
Definition of fan
:  an enthusiastic devotee (as of a sport or a performing art) usually as a spectator
:  an ardent admirer or enthusiast (as of a celebrity or a pursuit

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 12, 2017, 03:15:42 pm
You aren't making sense again based on some other posts.  Making the NCAAT or winning games in it(in near future tournaments) and becoming a nationally relevant program again?
Question: If we don't make the NCAA tournament how do we have a chance to win a game in it? You have to make it first correct?

WilsonHog

Quote from: Atlhogfan1 on February 12, 2017, 03:15:42 pm

I would say that if we are making the tournament on a regular basis, which probably means 23-26 wins a year, that probably translates into us being a Top 15-20 program again.

I'm also a realist. If we're doing that, there is no way in hell Mike will be fired, nor should he. He'll retire here.

realistichog

The arrogance and ignorance of some posters is amazing. I've been buying tickets since Lanny Van Eman and never missed a year at Barnhill South. For you pups that's Reunion Arena in Dallas. Yet, there are those on here who say I'm not a fan if I believe we can do better than MA as a coach. That is bull chit.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 12, 2017, 06:20:00 am
No supporting your team no matter what makes you a true fan try to learn how to do that sometime.
You can cheer for the team and support them and still realize they are led by a moron.  See how that works?
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Pork Twain

These petty attempts to try and label some as fans others as not fans are just that, petty.   Obviously we are all fans or we would not care about the state of our program.  Many of us know what can be done at Arkansas and the product over the last 20 years is not it and it does not take seven years to turn a basketball program around.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

Beating Mizzou was supposed to happen too, and it didn't. Take the win and enjoy it
That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

The_Iceman

Quote from: realistichog on February 12, 2017, 11:16:33 pm
The arrogance and ignorance of some posters is amazing. I've been buying tickets since Lanny Van Eman and never missed a year at Barnhill South. For you pups that's Reunion Arena in Dallas. Yet, there are those on here who say I'm not a fan if I believe we can do better than MA as a coach. That is bull chit.

Thank you for your years of support of being a true die hard razorback fan. Don't let anyone tell you different.

DeltaBoy

This program was in worse shape than any of us thought.  MA getting turned around.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GuvHog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 13, 2017, 08:16:32 am
This program was in worse shape than any of us thought.  MA getting turned around.

No it wasn't. It was actually on the upswing when Mike took over.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Pork Twain

It is quite possibly in worse shape now than it was when he arrived.  Statements like yours, are just excuses for MA doing a shoddy job so far.

GlassofSwine

Being happy that we beat the last place team in the conference is like expecting your boss to pat you on the back because you showed up for work. That is the minimum expectation and doesn't guarantee future employment.

Biggus Piggus

[CENSORED]!

Kevin

No it was not.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Letsroll1200

Exactly

GuvHog

Quote from: Pork Twain on February 13, 2017, 08:39:23 am
It is quite possibly in worse shape now than it was when he arrived.  Statements like yours, are just excuses for MA doing a shoddy job so far.

Correct. The facts clearly show that the program was on the upswing when Mike took over. Pel had almost completed the turnaround when he was terminated.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Kevin on February 13, 2017, 01:47:17 pm
No it was not.
Once again, your opinion. Don't get upset if someone doesn't share the same opinion as you.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: GuvHog on February 13, 2017, 02:56:46 pm
Correct. The facts clearly show that the program was on the upswing when Mike took over. Pel had almost completed the turnaround when he was terminated.
Pelphrey was 7-9 in conference play his last season at Arkansas. He was also 7-9 the season before that.

Kevin

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 03:20:06 pm
Once again, your opinion. Don't get upset if someone doesn't share the same opinion as you.

you are one to talk.

I have stated it before, lets see you can follow it this time:
pel was not a very good head coach, should have been fired
you brought up the records, well instead of cherry picking lets look at it.

first year 23-12, 9-7,  ncaa tournament (heath's 6 seniors, which non graduate, and was a big reason for the apr problem)
second year 14-16, 2-14, disaster
third year 14-18, 7-9, conference record improvement
fourth year 18-13, 7-9 turned down NIT

signed all the highly rated players in the state, that everyone on this board said he had to sign to keep his job, plus bj young, who david telep, former ESPN recruiting analyst & now with the San Antonio Spurs, told me personally would be a pro. turned out he wasn't a great player.

he put the academic house back in order, the way the apr works it takes 3 to 4 years to get the numbers going back in the right direction. yes, cma did have to live with the apr penalty of a lost scholarship his first year.

so the program was not in worse shape. whoever is taking over at LSU or Missouri, will be taking over dumpster fires.

I hate when people want to re-write history to help there agenda.  now those are the facts, and I am sure, there are a couple of posters on here, that was here when it all went down, that will back me up. Not guys who want to re-write history.
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7

dsims2k3

Quote from: Kevin on February 13, 2017, 04:28:28 pm
you are one to talk.

first year 23-12, 9-7,  ncaa tournament (heath's 6 seniors, which non graduate, and was a big reason for the apr problem)

signed all the highly rated players in the state, that everyone on this board said he had to sign to keep his job, plus bj young, who david telep, former ESPN recruiting analyst & now with the San Antonio Spurs, told me personally would be a pro. turned out he wasn't a great player.

he put the academic house back in order, the way the apr works it takes 3 to 4 years to get the numbers going back in the right direction. yes, cma did have to live with the apr penalty of a lost scholarship his first year.

so the program was not in worse shape. whoever is taking over at LSU or Missouri, will be taking over dumpster fires.

I hate when people want to re-write history to help there agenda.  now those are the facts, and I am sure, there are a couple of posters on here, that was here when it all went down, that will back me up. Not guys who want to re-write history.
So basically  Pelphrey should have been retained?
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Biggus Piggus

I would like to know how Pelphrey's recruits would have turned out with him coaching them. I don't believe they fared well at all in Mike Anderson's system, with his staff. They were not his style at all. Arkansas might have been pretty decent, had Pelphrey not been fired to make room for Anderson's six-year Bataan death march.

BTW: This was Billy Donovan's strongly held opinion, that Pelphrey was on the verge of turning around the Razorbacks. That is why he took relish in beating MA's Hogs by 30 at BWA in his first season.
[CENSORED]!

dsims2k3

There are people who really  thinks Pelphrey is  a better  coach  than CMA  with the  same talent.
🤔 Only in Jump Ball ...
Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Van Boarisson

OP- we are now in a spot where we are "Supposed to win Road games" I call that makes improvement.

porkinsons disease

you are one to talk.

^^^ spot on. +1000. Not sure how much the 1 lost scholarship hurt anyway as Mike scrambles to use them all.

GO HOGS
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hawgfan4life

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 04:47:39 pm
I would like to know how Pelphrey's recruits would have turned out with him coaching them. I don't believe they fared well at all in Mike Anderson's system, with his staff. They were not his style at all. Arkansas might have been pretty decent, had Pelphrey not been fired to make room for Anderson's six-year Bataan death march.

BTW: This was Billy Donovan's strongly held opinion, that Pelphrey was on the verge of turning around the Razorbacks. That is why he took relish in beating MA's Hogs by 30 at BWA in his first season.

The great Bill Self didn't get as much out of mature and experienced player as MA did from him as a raw, inexperienced FR playing in the wrong system.  One of the players wasn't eligible whether JP stayed or not.  One of the players was a basket-case for MA and took every bit of his eligibility to eventually mature and become a sound player.  The way JP suspended players, that kid would have likely never finished two seasons.  Another player was destined for the NBA regardless of the coach and probably had similar results regardless of the coach.  Another was here and gone so fast it was hard to know what he would have done at AR with JP.  in hindsight, that class was grossly over-rated and JP might have done better with them, but expectations would have been so high that it would have still been considered a failure.  JP inherited a mess and he departed a mess.  There were rampant issues within the program that MA had to correct.  He may not be doing as well as he should, as well as fans hoped, or as well as he could have despite all factors.  However, he has greatly improved a lot of issues that were going on and has greatly improved the recruiting if the next few classes hold together.  If he makes the NCAA this year, it will be a foregone conclusion that he should next year, and the foreseeable future beyond those years.  If that happens, he will have greatly improved the performance of the team too. 

Could we have gotten a better coach than MA?  Not likely at the time without it being a shot in the dark.

Could we get a better coach than MA now?  Much more likely now than when he came but it does not mean we should trade up until after this season plays out.  Might as well support him until he isn't the coach anymore and/or the seasons is complete.

Will it mean MA is a great coach if he does go on an NCAA run the next few years?  NO!  There are still better "basketball coaches" out there, but he will be our coach and fans would serve the program better by supporting him and the team.

As for me, I will support MA 100% until this season is over.  At that time, I will trust that he will be extended or removed as he should be.  Whoever is coaching next year, I will support 100% until the season is complete and repeat.  I can enjoy the team a lot more that way and not be so sick with every poor performance and/or loss.  I will invest my energy and emotions into serving the Lord, my family, my job, and much more important things.  Life is too short to get so upset over the current standing of MA or any other coach.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 13, 2017, 05:39:11 pm
The great Bill Self didn't get as much out of mature and experienced player as MA did from him as a raw, inexperienced FR playing in the wrong system.  One of the players wasn't eligible whether JP stayed or not.  One of the players was a basket-case for MA and took every bit of his eligibility to eventually mature and become a sound player.  The way JP suspended players, that kid would have likely never finished two seasons.  Another player was destined for the NBA regardless of the coach and probably had similar results regardless of the coach.  Another was here and gone so fast it was hard to know what he would have done at AR with JP.  in hindsight, that class was grossly over-rated and JP might have done better with them, but expectations would have been so high that it would have still been considered a failure.  JP inherited a mess and he departed a mess.  There were rampant issues within the program that MA had to correct.  He may not be doing as well as he should, as well as fans hoped, or as well as he could have despite all factors.  However, he has greatly improved a lot of issues that were going on and has greatly improved the recruiting if the next few classes hold together.  If he makes the NCAA this year, it will be a foregone conclusion that he should next year, and the foreseeable future beyond those years.  If that happens, he will have greatly improved the performance of the team too. 

Could we have gotten a better coach than MA?  Not likely at the time without it being a shot in the dark.

Could we get a better coach than MA now?  Much more likely now than when he came but it does not mean we should trade up until after this season plays out.  Might as well support him until he isn't the coach anymore and/or the seasons is complete.

Will it mean MA is a great coach if he does go on an NCAA run the next few years?  NO!  There are still better "basketball coaches" out there, but he will be our coach and fans would serve the program better by supporting him and the team.

As for me, I will support MA 100% until this season is over.  At that time, I will trust that he will be extended or removed as he should be.  Whoever is coaching next year, I will support 100% until the season is complete and repeat.  I can enjoy the team a lot more that way and not be so sick with every poor performance and/or loss.  I will invest my energy and emotions into serving the Lord, my family, my job, and much more important things.  Life is too short to get so upset over the current standing of MA or any other coach.

Probably the best post I have read in this forum the entire season.

I wish we posters would not get so caught up in the "TRUE FAN SAGA."  What this seems to me to really be about is the age old idea that if you don't feel as I do you are not a true fan.  Each fan has the God given right to determine what his fan limit is or isn't.

As fans, we seem to always gauge our personal fandom based on our own feelings.  I believe that is right and fair.  I see fans that I do not agree with but I do agree that they have a right to be a fan they can be proud of.

I kind of feel like Wilsonhog.  I do not believe Mike Anderson has that last 15 percent necessary to drive this program to the level it can be at.  I believe it should be a great odyssey for Arkansas to ever miss the Big Dance.  I also believe we should be playing the second weekend of the Big Dance about half the time.  I think we should play the 3rd weekend maybe 1 out of every 15 years on average.  We play in a weak basketball conference where winning 75 percent of conference games should not be considered a miracle.  We can arrange where our OOC games can be won at 85 percent plus.  It is just time to reach out and get that done, in my opinion.

Youngsta71701

you are one to talk.

Guess I wasn't on this board at the time. As a matter of fact I know I wasn't. First of all let me say this. I have a lot more patience than most people I know. I am not to quick to call for anyone's job unless it is absolutely horrible or unless someone I think is better is the coach in waiting. Not a good look to get hung out to dry in the middle of nowhere. Now, back to the discussion. So, he had this program back in good shape but not good enough shape to keep his job? Makes sense to me. Carry on...

Kevin

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 14, 2017, 11:57:46 am
Guess I wasn't on this board at the time. As a matter of fact I know I wasn't. First of all let me say this. I have a lot more patience than most people I know. I am not to quick to call for anyone's job unless it is absolutely horrible or unless someone I think is better is the coach in waiting. Not a good look to get hung out to dry in the middle of nowhere. Now, back to the discussion. So, he had this program back in good shape but not good enough shape to keep his job? Makes sense to me. Carry on...

just stating the facts don't support all the claims, cma took over a dumpster fire.  I am done with you, ignore list is a great thing.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: hawgfan4life on February 13, 2017, 05:39:11 pm

+1, Finally a post with some reason. Great post my friend. I definitely love the part in bold. Thanks for putting everything into perspective.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Kevin on February 14, 2017, 12:00:01 pm
just stating the facts don't support all the claims, cma took over a dumpster fire.  I am done with you, ignore list is a great thing.
So you want to ignore me for being optimistic and not pessimistic like you and so many others? Be gone then. It's so easy in today's society to be negative instead of positive so I refuse to be weak and feed into the negative crowd. Couldn't respond to the last statement huh? Don't worry, I understand. ;D :razorback:

And oh yeah, BTW, I know he took over JP's 7-9 dumpster fire. ;)

Jonteviosk

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 13, 2017, 03:21:44 pm
Pelphrey was 7-9 in conference play his last season at Arkansas. He was also 7-9 the season before that.

Not to mention 2-14 in conf play the year before after starting 12-1. There was no excuse for that CMA never did that.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

SONofHAM

February 14, 2017, 06:51:33 pm #95 Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 07:04:57 pm by SONofHAM
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 11, 2017, 09:43:38 pm
don't expect us to win every game we're supposed to win.
Really?
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

Jonteviosk

Quote from: GuvHog on February 13, 2017, 02:56:46 pm

Oh Bull crap 2 losing seasons then 3 games over 500 last year is not on the upswing. We have began winning on the road which is great news and you fairweathers want to take 8 steps back NOOOO.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Pork Twain

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on February 13, 2017, 04:47:39 pm

Likely he would have kept Rotten and Bryant as well.  Hard to say what could have been accurately

Pork Twain

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 15, 2017, 12:10:47 am
Oh Bull crap 2 losing seasons then 3 games over 500 last year is not on the upswing. We have began winning on the road which is great news and you fairweathers want to take 8 steps back NOOOO.
Humorous who you are calling fair-weather fans...very humorous.

GuvHog

February 15, 2017, 08:31:11 am #99 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:42:23 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 15, 2017, 12:10:47 am

Here are the facts:

(A) Pelphrey's last team at Arkansas had 18 wins.

(B) Pelphrey's last team earned an NIT bid even though he had been terminated (The U of A turned it down).

(C) All of the APR problems caused by Stan Heath had been Corrected to the point that only 1 scholarship would later be lost rather than multiple scholarships.

(D) Pel had a top 10 recruiting class headed to campus the next year and Rotnei would have returned for his senior season.

All of this proves that the program was on the upswing when Pel was terminated and it proves that you are wrong.