Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not Heath's Fault

Started by Hairy Hog, November 30, 2006, 09:56:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hairy Hog

I don't see how you can put this one on Heath.  Everybody is just playing out of control.   We cant get the ball inside enough and we are throwing it around like we're blind. 

dmcneil

I could have swore he is the coach and responsible for how his team plays...

JoyDivision

We are out of control because we have not been properly prepared for this system of basketball.  We are getting our asses handed to us by the spirit of Arkansas past.

SuperHog

Quote from: Hairy Hog on November 30, 2006, 09:56:04 pm
I don't see how you can put this one on Heath.  Everybody is just playing out of control.   We cant get the ball inside enough and we are throwing it around like we're blind. 

Ramona...is that you?
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

PulledPork

then who the hell is its?  He the fuggin head coach, all stops with him!!  Sheesh!!

Pulled out...

SupaCrawf

This was one I didn't expect us to win.  But, a blow out is hard to stomach, regardless of who's coaching the other team.
I'm kind of a big deal.

TULAWHOG

You're right, it's Casey Dick's fault.

texhog

I think we have better athletes, but are being outplayed in every respect.  That is all Heath's fault.

Sus-Scrofa

I don't see how you can put this one on Heath.  Everybody is just playing out of control.   We cant get the ball inside enough and we are throwing it around like we're blind. 

Some might call this a lack of discipline, which some might blame on I don't know, the coach maybe?
After reading my post, I bet you wish they still kept track of karma points don't you?  I know, I know, I'd give me a plus one too.

Sow’sEar

Quote from: Quick Trigger™ on November 30, 2006, 09:56:41 pm
I don't see how you can put this one on Heath.  Everybody is just playing out of control.   We cant get the ball inside enough and we are throwing it around like we're blind. 

He didn't do his job tonight.  He didn't fire his team up.  He didn't chew on the officials when they were hacking us.  Finally, he didn't leave Vincent Hunter in Fayetteville.
It would have been nice to see Heath get a technical tonight when the lead first started to get out of hand to try to get his team back in it.

bigred7987

Now we know what it felt like for other teams for 14 years.
Nothing you can do can simulate this style of pressure
nor can you count 12/20 3 point land

TruthHog

TULAWHOG is wrong....it's HDN's fault. That game last week depressed the players.
Calmer than you are.

Kevin

will we ever have a point guard
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Hawgrox

I said to my Wife (who is pulling for Mizzou) before the game...."Heath will have us fired up for this game....this is bigger to him than he is letting on. He will have us ready".

Care to guess who is doing the dishes tonight?

SupaCrawf

I'm kind of a big deal.

arkiehawg

Are you serious?  I would agree if this was his first season.  However, he has been here several years, recruited HIS players and put in HIS game plan....bottom line....IT IS HIS failure with a Junior laddened team to get blown out by a full court press that they can't handel.....

Coach grade a big F......

ppork marlene

i can't believe what i'm hearing.

blame nutt for global warming, but not heath for the lousy basketball.

Hong Kong Sooey

I would humbly request that you explain who the fault should lie with if not with the Head Coach.  And I don't want to hear "the players".  It is the Head Coach's job to prepare the players.  I dang sure have never seen a Dean Smith team lose like this.

SupaCrawf

I'm still sticking to my prediction from last year:  This team will be better than last year's squad.  See ya in the sweet 16!
I'm kind of a big deal.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Actually the reason it is not Heath's fault is the reason it wasn't Casey's fault.

Casey wasn't getting it done, but the coaches didn't pull him so all Casey could do was go out there and keep trying.

The administration has had plenty of time to see that Stan wasn't the best hire.  But if they don't take action all Stan can do is go out and coach as best he can.  This may be the best he can.  If it is, it's not his fault.  He just Peter Principled out at Kent State.  Doesn't make him a bad man or a bad coach just not the right guy for this program.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Batesville-HAWG

THE COACH DID NOT PREPARE THE TEAM!!!  :razorback:  :razorback:

dmcneil

Well at least we gave a chance for Mizzou's walk-ons to play...wonderful

ugly duck

We are in for a long year.  Heath has had time to build a system and establish consistency.  I love his recruiting, but his coaching ability seems limited.  I am afraid it is time for a change.

ppork marlene

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 30, 2006, 10:03:40 pm
Actually the reason it is not Heath's fault is the reason it wasn't Casey's fault.

Casey wasn't getting it done, but the coaches didn't pull him so all Casey could do was go out there and keep trying.

The administration has had plenty of time to see that Stan wasn't the best hire.  But if they don't take action all Stan can do is go out and coach as best he can.  This may be the best he can.  If it is, it's not his fault.  He just Peter Principled out at Kent State.  Doesn't make him a bad man or a bad coach just not the right guy for this program.

apples and pine cones.

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Gee...let's see...it's Heath's, what 5th or 6th year and his players vs. Anderson who is a first year coach...not his players...NCAA probation...

Heath and his Big Ten/Kent State basketball sucks!  Always has and always will!  We should have hired Anderson, and while we're at it, how many times has Heath beaten Kentucky and how many times has Anderson done the same?

If you people really support Heath you need to reconsider...I'll quote a famous Razorback, "He's in WAY OVER HIS HEAD!"

V B Porkers

5th year program vs. 1st year program

MM-gohogs

aka: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville.

nutt huggers: glittering jewels of colossal ignorance - ME

"for all intensive purposes"--me, hogville taught me something today, thanks
missippihog: "I'm not arguing with you road scholars anymore. GO HOGS!"
hogfanwithms: "Georgia and Arkansas has no defense but Alabama does!"
Karma: "MM, we such today and unfortanely they are calling it like it is."

razorbackfan4life

How could you not blame this on Heath?  The team was so unprepared for what they were going to face.

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Quote from: SupaCrawf on November 30, 2006, 10:03:09 pm
I'm still sticking to my prediction from last year:  This team will be better than last year's squad.  See ya in the sweet 16!

You gotta be kidding!  Seems like I remember coach Heath commenting how we weren't "conditioned" against Bucknell...news flash for ya...we still aren't!

NuttinItUp

Remind me again why we didn't hire Mike Anderson?

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Very true!  This really sucks because we could have had that coach!  He beat the crap out of us and they weren't even his players!

elksnort

Heath and staff have failed to recruit some very good guards.

deucea729

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 30, 2006, 10:11:57 pm

2 words:  Nolan Richardson.

Ridgerunnerpiggie

Quote from: NuttinItUp on November 30, 2006, 10:11:57 pm

Let me see...Frank wouldn't hire an unproven coach so he went all the way to Kent State and hired a guy that had been there for......one YEAR!  That adds up doesn't it?

PulledPork

I was thinking the same thing, "man, this is what all of those teams from the early nineties felt like...."

Pulled out...

hawg1504

We need to clean house in basketball and football with our coaches....

bunwoo

Quote from: Hawgrox on November 30, 2006, 10:01:05 pm
I said to my Wife (who is pulling for Mizzou) before the game...."Heath will have us fired up for this game....this is bigger to him than he is letting on. He will have us ready".

Care to guess who is doing the dishes tonight?

I've already done the dishes! ;D

HogFan1973

Well how about we see if Frank can fire Houston and Stan at the same time.  Who do you guys want to hire for the basketball team?

bullheaded

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on November 30, 2006, 10:03:40 pm

Well thought out post. Most accurate account of what the current status of our program really is

deucea729

November 30, 2006, 10:23:28 pm #39 Last Edit: November 30, 2006, 10:25:00 pm by deucea729
This was a classic case of Mizzou being jacked up and playing out of their minds.  Make no mistake - Mike has had this date circled on his calendar since the day Mizzou made the offer to him.  To make matters worse, every shot was falling, and no calls were going our way.  That said, with the Hogs' turnover problems heading into this game, we should have seen this coming. 

Still, no one should be off the hook for this one.  I hope Coach Heath and every single player takes this as the gut check that it should be.  I don't usually buy into the theory of "good losses," but a good beat-down in November can certainly do the Hogs a lot better than falling short in January through March.

And thank goodness we won't see that kind of defense again this year.  I liked it when we played it.  Now I know the frustration of facing it.

elksnort

Quote from: deucea729 on November 30, 2006, 10:23:28 pm
This was a classic case of Mizzou being jacked up and playing out of their minds.  Make no mistake - Mike has had this date circled on his calendar since the day Mizzou made the offer to him.  To make matters worse, every shot was falling, and no calls were going our way.  That said, with the Hogs' turnover problems heading into this game, we should have seen this coming. 

Still, no one should be off the hook for this one.  I hope Coach Heath and every single player takes this as the gut check that it should be.  I don't usually buy into the theory of "good losses," but a good beat-down in November can certainly do the Hogs a lot better than falling short in January through March.

And thank goodness we won't see that kind of defense again this year.  I liked it when we played it.  Now I know the frustration of facing it.

That's the championship spirit!

Inigo Montoya

If I didn't know any better I would say Heath is a mute.  I very rarely see him do anything other than walk around shaking his head.  What happened to a COACH actually COACHING A FREAKING GAME!!!  One more year and then cut the cord.  He's got the talent but has no game plan for these kids

arcowboy

Not Heaths fault gotta be kidding . That is probably part of the problem he has never had to answer for his poor showing. Just pickup a check every month bigger than 90% of the fans make in a yr.  Come on he has to accept the responsibility , just as he will be there with his hand out wanting a raise if he does half way decent. 

pignatious

If Frank has any kind of ego at all, which I know he does, this has got to piss him off. A new coach that he could have hired, with a program on probation, border rival, beating the crap out of a coach with over 4 years in at Arkansas and nothing to show for it. Even if he doesn't care about anything but money, this shows he made a huge mistake. Maybe it's time to retire, huh Frank?
Freedom is never free.

elksnort

The people at the top are not holding these coaches accountable with what most of us expect.

Pignominious

Quote from: elksnort on November 30, 2006, 10:14:23 pm
Heath and staff have failed to recruit some very good guards.

Beverly and Welsh are good guards.  This scheme and matchups did not allow them to succeed tonight.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

ICEman

Quote from: SnoopHawg on November 30, 2006, 10:01:24 pm
Young team, basically a new team, walked into a bear trap tonite, will certainly have a lot to work on, Heath is the head coach, and it all rest on him, time will tell, a tough SEC won't help either, but don't write the Hogs off just yet.

We've been a new (i.e. young) team for now... what... 5 years!
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

Razor_back

Quote from: Quick Trigger™ on November 30, 2006, 09:56:41 pm

He didn't do his job tonight.  He didn't fire his team up.  He didn't chew on the officials when they were hacking us.  Finally, he didn't leave Vincent Hunter in Fayetteville.

I'm with ya brotha
Go Hogs

Razor_back

Stan's NOT the Man... for razorback bball
Go Hogs

elksnort

I am not sure their defensive play is as good as most of the old Razorback guards. They don't seem to handle the ball as well. I'd love to be wrong! I think the guard play is going to have to improve big time from Gary Ervin.