michigan
19 (25.3%)
arkansas
48 (64%)
yo mommas house
8 (10.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

batmanfan

Today I was fortunate enough to get to see our important recruit Patrick Beverley shoot around after the Real Deal games in The Bud.  I'll just say...the first 10 three's he shot....nailed 9 including 2 or 3 from NBA range...I also will have more evaluation of Beverley and other stars that I saw today and will both those observations (and hopefully post some pictures if one of you computer people show me how to do so..pm me if you want) sometime this week.

Note to Hogville:  Word on the street is Beverley has already made his decision today and will announce it soon...is that good news for Arkansas or Michigan?  Let the speculation begin.

BAT
Images should not be any wider or taller than 250 pixels, max two images.  use  or  to accomplish this.  Total image width is allowed to be 500 pixels, maximum.  Maximum size of all signature images cannot exceed 100,000 total bytes.

Hollywood_HOGan

On the front page of HI.com it says that Beverly has made a decision and will announce soon.

You don't have to have a subscription to read the info on the front page.

Maybe the visit blew him away.

zwhogfan

Sure hope he liked his visit. We need this kid in the worst way.

dotnet

If he really already has his decision made then that means one of three things happened:

1. He liked Michigan so much that we never really had a chance.

2. He was really unimpressed with Arkansas (no matter what he says) and so he knew half way through that he wanted to go Michigan.

3. He was blown away by Arkansas and he is coming here. 

I think 1 could be true, but that isn't what he sounded like before his visit.  I don't know of a recruit who has really ever been unimpressed with Arkansas.  I really think this is a good thing for us.

J.A.Y.

I think he is a hog. This was a good wkend for any kind of recruit to stop in, We had a lot going on.
There are Three things in life that matter... GOD, Family and the Arkansas Razorbacks.

The rest you can deal with if you have any time left over.

Pignominious

Quote from: jayloot on April 15, 2006, 11:10:18 pm
I think he is a hog. This was a good wkend for any kind of recruit to stop in, We had a lot going on.

I think so to.  If you stop and think about it all the signs seem to be pointing to it.  He comes to Fayettville wide open, He is seen shooting hoops in BWA, He has made his decision while in fayettville.  The signs just seem to be pointing our way.
Ray Biggers' third cousin.

CiriusPorker

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on April 15, 2006, 11:24:58 pm

I think so to.  If you stop and think about it all the signs seem to be pointing to it.  He comes to Fayettville wide open, He is seen shooting hoops in BWA, He has made his decision while in fayettville.  The signs just seem to be pointing our way.

Did we go thru this with Ramar Smith??

Hawg414

Quote from: batmanfan on April 15, 2006, 09:46:43 pm
Today I was fortunate enough to get to see our important recruit Patrick Beverley shoot around after the Real Deal games in The Bud.  I'll just say...the first 10 three's he shot....nailed 9 including 2 or 3 from NBA range...I also will have more evaluation of Beverley and other stars that I saw today and will both those observations (and hopefully post some pictures if one of you computer people show me how to do so..pm me if you want) sometime this week.

Note to Hogville:  Word on the street is Beverley has already made his decision today and will announce it soon...is that good news for Arkansas or Michigan?  Let the speculation begin.

BAT

was another post in another thread saying how he did not look good at all.  didnt know if it was perhaps just an off day or what, but that he bricked everything he threw up. 

opposite interpretations of the same event.

Pignominious

Quote from: CiriusPorker on April 15, 2006, 11:34:08 pm

I don't know.  I was just stating what I thought.

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: CiriusPorker on April 15, 2006, 11:34:08 pm

Naaah Ramar eventually lost his Arkansas high 2 months after his visit.  Patrick is still here!!!
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

aristotle

Actually, Beverly through his coach, said he was going to make a quick decision after the Arkansas visist before he ever came. So this is nothing new. His coach comes across as a class act. Here is a good article that was posted a few days before his visit.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/151596/

Now, here is the story from today. The Real Deal is probably the best recruiting strategy we could have used and the kid was highly impressed. Doesn't mean we are a lock but we definitely are giving it our best shot. Thanks Ingram and Conley.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/adg/151967/

Go HOGS

Hugehogsfan

Well I must believe that we have as good a chance as any with him being impressed with the facilities and the area.  I think that Michigan just told him that there were just trees and a port a potty out back down there. 

aristotle

I know people blast Heath for not being able to recruit (even though we are #22 currently per rivals http://rivalshoops.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=477059&sid=910) but this article shows some skill on Heath's part. The fact he could even get the kid to come down here when he prejudged NW Arkansas as cow pastures and barns is pretty impressive IMO. Couple that with timing of the real deal and I think we made a big impression on the kid. His choice to make a quick decision could benefit us.

Hugehogsfan

Oh yeah I believe that we put our best foot forward for sure.  If he doesn't sign than he wants to stay close to home because we compare or are better than most programs when it comes to facilities.

Corkscrew Johnson

I saw him play with some of the boys at BWA yesterday early afternoon (and no, I'm not a Michigan fan).  He didn't look great, but I'm not saying he is a bad player, isn't capable of competing with the big boys, or doesn't deserve a scholarship.  I'm just reporting what I saw (and everyone who watched with me was in agreement).  And this opinion is not based on a shooting performance, but rather on his entire game.

It's easy to inflate stats, but it's difficult to inflate percentages. He can obviously shoot, but what from what I saw yesterday, he is not going to step in and fill a huge void immediately.  If we are lucky enough to get him, I'm sure he will be a tremendous asset, but it may take awhile for him to acclimate himself to the college level.  I just don't want our fans to expect too much too soon from this kid, which can only lead to disappointment.

Corkscrew Johnson

But I'm sure he probably worked out more than once for the coaches, so we might have seen two separate performances...

Hogz87

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he is a great player and a very good shooter.  But being able to make 9 out of 10 threes unguarded is alot different than being able to make 4 out of 10 with a hand in your face in a SEC game.  Heck I can sit out there and make 7 or 8 threes out of 10 unguarded.

big boes

Quote from: Hogz87 on April 16, 2006, 06:32:54 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm sure he is a great player and a very good shooter.  But being able to make 9 out of 10 threes unguarded is alot different than being able to make 4 out of 10 with a hand in your face in a SEC game.  Heck I can sit out there and make 7 or 8 threes out of 10 unguarded.

bs

TulsaHogFan

Quote from: big boes on April 16, 2006, 07:19:35 pm

bs

I hit one from Halfcourt the other day........ NBA where is my check.

TorsinAHog

What a load of Sh*T.  Go get a video camera, record it, post it and PROVE it.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

berryhog

Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 16, 2006, 08:42:18 pm

I don't think that is unbelievable.  Heck, I'm sure there are a lot of people who can light it up uncontested.

whatsshakinbacon

Quote from: berryhog on April 16, 2006, 08:53:58 pm
Quote from: TorsinAHog on April 16, 2006, 08:42:18 pm

I don't think that is unbelievable.  Heck, I'm sure there are a lot of people who can light it up uncontested.

I've got an 85% FG rating on playstation...

Bacon out...

uofajoe99

Playing on NBA Jam I can hit 10 out 10! while on fire.......I hope the kid does make a difference, but if Ronnie isn't here next year will be ruff in my opinion..

yocdaddy

"More people would learn from their mistakes, if they weren't so busy denying them."  --Harold J. Smith

mccurdy

The_Bionic_Pig

If he announces in the next 2 days he is headed to Fayetteville....the longer he waits that is not a good sign.  The Dead period is over and coaches can now contact recruits again.   (I have a feeling both Heath & Amaker already know what the decision my be and the media and fans of both programs are the only ones in the dark.)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

yraciv

I saw a kid hit one from about 35 feet at the buzzer in a 16 U game this weekend.  Maybe we should recruit him.

davehog

I have a gut feeling Stan won this recruiting battle and Beverly will be a Hog.  I felt exactly the opposite about Ramar Smith, I had a gut feeling if he visited Knoxville, he would be a Volinqueer. 

hogfankb

Quote from: Fresh Legs on April 17, 2006, 01:03:49 pm
Quote from: davehog on April 17, 2006, 01:02:47 pm
I have a gut feeling Stan won this recruiting battle and Beverly will be a Hog.  I felt exactly the opposite about Ramar Smith, I had a gut feeling if he visited Knoxville, he would be a Volinqueer. 

I have the same gut feeling.

Fresh Legs = hugger ;)

I had the exact opposite feeling. I thought we were a lock on smith and a maybe on beverley. Now i am just trying to be optimistic about beverley.

Hogeye_Pierce

I've gotten so conditioned to disappointment these days that I'll just say that if Beverly actually signs with the Hogs I will be pleasantly surprised.

Is it Chicken Little time again if he goes to Meeeshagin though?
Cry HAVOC and let slip the Hogs of war!

JackJohnson

Quote from: Hogeye_Pierce on April 17, 2006, 01:13:32 pm
I've gotten so conditioned to disappointment these days that I'll just say that if Beverly actually signs with the Hogs I will be pleasantly surprised.

Is it Chicken Little time again if he goes to Meeeshagin though?

same here.  I thought we had Thad Young and Ramar Smith- if you listened to Dudley.  Hell, Dudley made the trip to Memphis to watch Young announce for GT.  I get the feeling Booger thinks PB is heading to Ark, so of course that will mean he is going to Mich...

TorsinAHog

I have given up trying to guess what 18 year old kids will try to do. 

Scout Team Defense

Well, I don't have access to any of the pay sites so I had to take things into my own hands.  I called the high school myself and spoke with a woman in the principal's office.  She put me on hold and came back to tell me that the press conference is taking place this Wednesday @ 3:00, gym 235. 

http://www.ihsa.org/school/schools/cmarshal.htm

And no, she didn't have any inside info, but I did ask.

LA HAWG

snort

dmshogs

I'll keep my fingers crossed until then.

pfrg999

Musician, Audio Engineer, Entertainment <br />Writer and Hardcore Razorback watching Hog Fan!!!

SultanofSwine

Could have prolly got the scoop if you had taken one for the team...

Scout Team Defense

She did give me the direct line to Coach Bryant's office but said he was out for the day...

Hogstocking

Lanny

"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

Hawgndaaz

+1

just outta curiosity, how did you go about getting the number/asking the question?

longtimeHogfan

It'd be nice if SH had been asked to attend.   ???
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

zwhogfan

TorsinAHog

HokieHawg

Tried looking it up on past forums already, but overall I'm still confused as to why everyone is so excited over Patrick Beverly. Rivals only has him listed as a 2 star prospect. Besides, his only other options were Michigan, UVA (who fails at life), and St. Johns. That's not exactly an impressive list. I'm not trying to be negative, just wondering is all.

pseudorabies

pork and mindy

He has only played organized ball for a couple of years and hasn't hit the AAU circuits that usually get players noticed by the recruiting services. His senior year he has dominated some of the top recruits and the country, and is shooting 55% from 3. (Although that stat is disputed.)

He has talent, he's just now getting noticed. And I think being recruited by two big time programs like Michigan and Arkansas is pretty telling. (Not to mention St. John's, Toledo, and the other schools he never had interest in.)

hogfankb

Leading scorer in Chicago. Shot 55% from the three point line. And would help with our lack of depth at guard.

Pignominious

Quote from: HokieHawg on April 17, 2006, 07:18:37 pm
Tried looking it up on past forums already, but overall I'm still confused as to why everyone is so excited over Patrick Beverly. Rivals only has him listed as a 2 star prospect. Besides, his only other options were Michigan, UVA (who fails at life), and St. Johns. That's not exactly an impressive list. I'm not trying to be negative, just wondering is all.

He averaged 37 or 38 points per game in high school, after only two seasons of organized hoops.  He shot 55% from 3 (there is speculation about this.)  He finished third in Illinois Mr. bball voting and his team finished 2nd or third in the state.  Here is an NBAdraft.net report on him, he is the 5th one down. 

http://www.draftexpress.com/viewarticle.php?a=1264