Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

UA commit Emmit Gooden discusses Scott visit, soul food and OU trip

Started by Richard Davenport, September 14, 2017, 10:18:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFoo

Well, after listening to the soundclip I'm not so much worried about E.G visiting OU. Sounds like he just wanted a free trip.  Of course ya hate to see him visit any school that is trying to recruit him like OU is.  But, E.G seems like he is still solid to the UA.  But, like RICE said, I'll consider a player committed once the LOI has hit the fax machine haha..   I know he is riding down there with his buddy who is an OU commit already, but ya know everyone gonna be putting that fullcourt press on him to get him to switch over.   Like I mentioned in other thread, hopefully Hogs get some wins going! 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: HogFoo on September 15, 2017, 05:00:32 am
Well, after listening to the soundclip I'm not so much worried about E.G visiting OU. Sounds like he just wanted a free trip.  Of course ya hate to see him visit any school that is trying to recruit him like OU is.  But, E.G seems like he is still solid to the UA.  But, like RICE said, I'll consider a player committed once the LOI has hit the fax machine haha..   I know he is riding down there with his buddy who is an OU commit already, but ya know everyone gonna be putting that fullcourt press on him to get him to switch over.   Like I mentioned in other thread, hopefully Hogs get some wins going!
man, he's at the most boring place in the world, bfe kansas. I cant blame him. Next summer we'll see that he was just tryin to get out of town for a change.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Muskliketusk

Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

presidenthog

I remember ford talking like arkansas was the greatest place on earth and he was the most happy out of state commit ever.

Until his Loi is here. I'm not counting on him to be here.

hoglady

I'd be worried about anyone visiting OU right now.
Just coming off that Ohio St. win, young energetic head coach and a team riding high right now.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Little Lady Back

Quote from: hoglady on September 16, 2017, 11:34:38 am
I'd be worried about anyone visiting OU right now.
Just coming off that Ohio St. win, young energetic head coach and a team riding high right now.

I would be too!
#NolanRichardsonCourt

Scott7703

Won't be shocked if he ends up elsewhere. Hard to blame him with the current product we are putting out. Kid would be nasty next to Agim here though.

HogFoo

I wouldn't worry about it.  I believe he'll stay a hog.  Ou is a paper champion.  That league blows.  Osu, tcu, and OU. That's it.  Everyone else blows. Kstate lost to vandy.   So winning that league doesn't really mean that much.  Not as much as what winning the SEC would be like.    Anyways.  Dude went down to Ou with Tramond moore i believe, who was an OU commit. Saw a friend of his that played for Tulane.  Saw where he posted a video of him talking to his buddy .  Anyways.  I'm sure those turds put the pressure on to flip but, I think dude will stay a Hog.  I've mentioned before how he really likes the idea of him and Sosa playing together.  Hopefully the Hogs can get to at least 8 wins or more so we don't lose the interest of any of our recruits. 
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Muskliketusk

Kids don't wanna play in that weak conference for Mike Leach Jr just cuz they beat an overrated Ohio team. Had fits with stinking Tulane and still got Texas OSU and TCU losses to come. Gooden took a free trip to watch his friend play and saw that overrated crud up close. He ain't going their.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

jwilliamson67

onebadrubi

ricepig

King Kong

PorkRinds

Quote from: 12247 on September 20, 2017, 08:24:38 am
If he visits and if OU offers, he is long gone.

They offered and he just visited. Still here. Not saying he will stick but his post is ill advised and misinformed.

Wildhog

Any time you have a commit taking visits, it's cause for concern.  Hopefully we can keep him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

hoglady

I was reading a story on SEC country about his trip to OU.
They said Bielema's policy has always been once you commit if you take a trip to another school you are no longer considered a commit.
Is that true?
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on September 20, 2017, 06:00:15 pm
I was reading a story on SEC country about his trip to OU.
They said Bielema's policy has always been once you commit if you take a trip to another school you are no longer considered a commit.
Is that true?
Nope, Patton took two trips after committing. I think every situation has it's own merits.

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on September 20, 2017, 06:14:22 pm
Nope, Patton took two trips after committing. I think every situation has it's own merits.

OK - thanks.

Richard Davenport

Emmit said in the interview he stalked to Bielema and DL coach Scott about the visit.

HogFoo

Quote from: onebadrubi on September 20, 2017, 07:50:16 am
What was the number?
Arkansas has the most DEs of anyone  in the NFL. Not tied with anyone either, they have 6!   Pretty impressive!

Muskliketusk

HogFoo

Quote from: Muskliketusk on September 22, 2017, 02:09:33 pm
DEU, TEU, RBU  8) feels good to be among the elites.
won't be long till we can add  #QBU,  #SafetyU, #DBU,  I'll be glad tho when we can #OLineU and #LBU. But, the good thing is, We are well on the way to being #DLineU,    what sucks is, we were headed towards being OLineU, but then Pittman left, and we haven't been able to get the same type talent or develop it once it got here.  That sucks.  And until we get our OLine figured out, we will continue to struggle. Especially since everything in Bielema offense is predicated on having a superb OLine, it just baffles me that we hired an unknown to that position instead of a known great coach.  But that's another thread.   GOODEN will be a stud for us.  He'll be the perfect NG in our defense.  Our defense is gonna be shutdown type bama'esque in years to come.  All these highly rated guys on defense are gonna start adding up.  Already are so far.  I expect our defense to get better and better especially if the OLine can gel and our offense can let the Dfense rest.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Richard Davenport

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Muskliketusk on September 18, 2017, 04:36:16 pm
Kids don't wanna play in that weak conference for Mike Leach Jr just cuz they beat an overrated Ohio team. Had fits with stinking Tulane and still got Texas OSU and TCU losses to come. Gooden took a free trip to watch his friend play and saw that overrated crud up close. He ain't going their.
Yeah it's amazing that OU gets any players.  Or wins conference championships.  Or goes to major bowls.  Or threatens to participate in the playoff more often than not.  Bunch of losers.

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Richard Davenport on September 21, 2017, 06:45:28 pm
Emmit said in the interview he stalked to Bielema and DL coach Scott about the visit.
I didn't think Arkansas accepted commitments from recruits who continue to take visits?  Am I wrong about that?

ricepig

Quote from: Grizzlyfan on September 27, 2017, 01:47:39 pm
I didn't think Arkansas accepted commitments from recruits who continue to take visits?  Am I wrong about that?
Yep, it's on case by case basis. We let Patton take two visits last year, and we expect the commit to be upfront about it, and not read about it on twitter, haha.

hoglady

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Scott7703

Kids been committed to 3-4 schools so how this surprises anyone I don't know.

HogimusMaximus

He is a silent decommit.  Waiting til closer to Signing Day to Switch.

Letsroll1200

southeasthog

Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Letsroll1200

southeasthog

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2017, 08:32:50 am
He's a Sooner! Follow Twitter and you would understand. Just my thoughts

I went and looked at his twitter before I responded. 90% of it was retweeting of Hog stuff. And you didn't say "My thoughts are he is a sooner." You said "He is an Oklahoma Sooner." So, as of right NOW, HE IS A HOG!!!!!
Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

HardingHog

Quote from: southeasthog on October 29, 2017, 10:58:13 am
I went and looked at his twitter before I responded. 90% of it was retweeting of Hog stuff. And you didn't say "My thoughts are he is a sooner." You said "He is an Oklahoma Sooner." So, as of right NOW, HE IS A HOG!!!!!

Letsroll was just discouraged after the win, so he had to come stir crap here

Letsroll1200

Quote from: southeasthog on October 29, 2017, 10:58:13 am

Somebody posted that they hate the 3-4 defense. He retwitted the comment. I just think he's going to Oklahoma.

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2017, 05:39:59 pm
Somebody posted that they hate the 3-4 defense. He retwitted the comment. I just think he's going to Oklahoma.

That somebody was a LSU fan.

Do you know what defense Oklahoma runs?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Letsroll1200

Quote from: factchecker on October 29, 2017, 06:18:46 pm
That somebody was a LSU fan.

Do you know what defense Oklahoma runs?

It's actually a former recruit dad. Oklahoma has a 4-3 defense.

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2017, 06:45:37 pm
It's actually a former recruit dad. Oklahoma has a 4-3 defense.

https://twitter.com/tj_lsudad/status/924325969460162561

this tweet?

Whose dad is that?

TJ is a LSU super fan.

Also, Oklahoma does not run a 4-3..... they run a 3-4:

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Letsroll1200

Quote from: factchecker on October 29, 2017, 06:50:27 pm
https://twitter.com/tj_lsudad/status/924325969460162561

this tweet?

Whose dad is that?

TJ is a LSU super fan.

Also, Oklahoma does not run a 4-3..... they run a 3-4:

I thought that was Devin White dad. Apparently Not. The games I saw Oklahoma had 4 down lineman. They was running the 3-4 and made the switch under this new coach.

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2017, 07:05:03 pm
I thought that was Devin White dad. Apparently Not. The games I saw Oklahoma had 4 down lineman. They was running the 3-4 and made the switch under this new coach.

Just because you walk a linebacker up to the line doesn't mean you run a 4-3

Oklahoma defense = 3-4

Razorback defense = 3-4

Stick to basketball.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2017, 07:05:03 pm
They was running the 3-4 and made the switch under this new coach.

That depth chart is from this year....... under the new coach.

Jack is a linebacker hybrid position not defensive end.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Letsroll1200

Quote from: factchecker on October 29, 2017, 07:06:52 pm
That depth chart is from this year....... under the new coach.

Jack is a linebacker hybrid position not defensive end.

Oklahoma talked about going to the 4-3 earlier this season. If you know anything about Oklahoma football you would know this.

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2017, 07:20:28 pm
Oklahoma talked about going to the 4-3 earlier this season. If you know anything about Oklahoma football you would know this.

depth chart and actual film says otherwise..... nice try though

ADD:  you don't need to talk anything about knowledge.  You thought a lsu fan was Devin White's dad.  too dang funny

Gooden might not end up here but it won't be because of the 3-4.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2017, 07:20:28 pm

LOL.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

factchecker

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 29, 2017, 07:23:21 pm
LOL.

It's funny that his evidence was one retweet of a LSU fan.

He ignored all the other retweets of Razorback stuff and focused on the single tweet by an LSU fan..... aka Devin White's dad.  ;)

Like I said, Gooden might not end up here.  I'd actually lean to him going elsewhere.  However, you need better proof if you are going to come on here and claim he is already gone.

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on October 29, 2017, 12:58:38 am
He's a Oklahoma Sooner.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS