Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Reality...

Started by hoophawg, November 26, 2012, 10:29:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hoophawg

Whoever we hire has to be given time to rebuild. As long as Saban is at Bama, and LSU is LSU we are staring 9-2  on a great year and I'm afraid that with A&M 8-3 is a reality every season. The SEC West is going to have 3 top 5 programs year in and year out. If I was a coach wanting an SEC job I'd be begging for Tennessee for the simple fact you don't have to play Bama, LSU and A&M every season.

nwarazfan

Quote from: hoophawg on November 26, 2012, 10:29:01 pm
Whoever we hire has to be given time to rebuild. As long as Saban is at Bama, and LSU is LSU we are staring 9-2  on a great year and I'm afraid that with A&M 8-3 is a reality every season. The SEC West is going to have 3 top 5 programs year in and year out. If I was a coach wanting an SEC job I'd be begging for Tennessee for the simple fact you don't have to play Bama, LSU and A&M every season.

Stop.  We nearly beat LSU again.  A&M has to replace their oline and best defensive player.  This A&M love has gotten out of hand based on one qtr. 

Yes, whomever we hire is going to be in a rebuild.

mj4president

Thanks for telling us we're in the SEC West.
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

hehawg

I want a coach who likes a challenge not one to hide from competition
#LEFTLANE
#HAMMERDOWN!

irishman

You are right of course, in the long run but it's way too late to start lowering expectaions now.

EastexHawg

Let me get this straight.  We were 10-3 in 2010 and 11-2 in 2011, while Texas A&M was 9-4 and 7-6...and might I add that during those seasons we beat them on a neutral field for the second and third straight years...

Now...in one year A&M has gone from a 6-loss team to 10-2, and you say they can be expected to stay at or near that level indefinitely...

But Arkansas fans need to face the fact that we can't do the same.  Instead, we need to give our new coach plenty of time to "rebuild"?

Tell me, how did we go from a BCS bowl game one year...to a top five finish the next year...to 4-8 and a national laughingstock this year...and to the point that we are destined to be mired in rebuilding mediocrity for the foreseeable future?

Whose fault would you say it is that it has happened?

And why is it that A&M can make the move from mediocre to semi-elite in one year, but we can't?  I guess you have a great deal of confidence in who you think we are about to hire, don't you?

IowaHog1606

The reality is we can never finish with any of those records. We play 12 games a season not including a bowl game and sec championship.

DoghouseHog2

8 win rebuilding years, not 4 win rebuilding years.
over and out.