McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

clutch

"It's a great day for baseball, let's play two"

One of my favorite sayings.

hog.goblin

One of the best players of all time, on and off the field.

RIP Ernie.

Hogwop

That stat they kept posting during the game the other night about him being the player with the most games played without playing in the playoff is kinda brutal, kinda surprising as good as he was, too.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

CabotHog87

RIP Ernie.. Simply one of the best of all time. Great man on and off the field. 

clutch

I saw something the other day that said he was the all time leader in fun had while playing the game. Just a guy who truly enjoyed playing the game of baseball.

Hogwop

Quote from: clutch on January 26, 2015, 11:53:50 am
I saw something the other day that said he was the all time leader in fun had while playing the game. Just a guy who truly enjoyed playing the game of baseball.

See, to me, that makes the fact that he never played in the post season even weirder. That kind of enthusiasm can be infectious (in a good way) so I'm surprised it didn't rub off on his teammates and make them play looser/better.
Pigga what?!
Quote from: PonderinHog on April 16, 2018, 10:27:02 amAn emoji is worth a hundred words.
9-07-1958 - 12-2-2011 R.I.P Mom, I will always miss you and love you.

mhuff

DeltaBoy

http://espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/story/_/id/12226499/ernie-banks-died-suffering-heart-attack-family-says

Ernie Banks' family has announced that the Chicago Cubs Hall of Famer died after suffering a heart attack.

Banks, a two-time National League MVP who spent his entire major league career with the Cubs, died Friday at age 83.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.