Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

$12,500 mistake!

Started by Snort and Squeal, November 02, 2006, 08:50:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snort and Squeal

http://www.rexkramer.com/bigdeer.wmv

This is hilarious.  I would hate to be this guy......
Is it any coincidence that we bleed red???  I think not!

pioneerhog

I figured out that this guy was not suppose to kill this deer but where are you getting the 12,500 mistake? I looked on their site and couldn't find this video or anything about it. I am assumeing he was on one of their lesser hunts, like the management hunt and was not suppose to kill this deer, but I don't like to assume so let me know the story.

The guys reaction when they pull up to him though is very funny. You could tell he had screwed up when he started talking. A place where I hunt has a 8 point rule and if you kill less it is either 50 or 100 bucks, but that is nothing like $12,500.

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: pioneerhog on November 02, 2006, 09:05:44 pm
I figured out that this guy was not suppose to kill this deer but where are you getting the 12,500 mistake? I looked on their site and couldn't find this video or anything about it. I am assumeing he was on one of their lesser hunts, like the management hunt and was not suppose to kill this deer, but I don't like to assume so let me know the story.

The guys reaction when they pull up to him though is very funny. You could tell he had screwed up when he started talking. A place where I hunt has a 8 point rule and if you kill less it is either 50 or 100 bucks, but that is nothing like $12,500.

http://www.rexkramer.com/

Go all the way to the bottom.  This is where I got the $12,500 mistake. 

HogginIT

Who would go on a hunt where you had to let the bigger ones walk? I sure wouldn't.
Just wait until next Year!© Official slogan of Razorback football.

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: HogginIT on November 05, 2006, 09:55:57 pm
Who would go on a hunt where you had to let the bigger ones walk? I sure wouldn't.

Apparently the guys that run these ranches will take their buddies on a free hunt to kill a deer that they do not want to reproduce, "cull deer".  The cost of hunting on these ranches are exorbitant in many cases, so the chance to hunt even a "cull" for free is pretty exciting.

Hawg_Heaven

I showed this to a guy at work and we watched it over and over again. We just kept laughing.

johnny cash

That would be entrapment.  I WOULD KILL IT.  That in my opinion is what is wrong with the sport of hunting today.  You have to be rich to get a chance to buy decent hunting land cause deer cost between 10,000 to 15,ooo dollars a piece for 160 class and up.  It would be a rare to get a chance with a deer like that on a public land hunt, because of people shooting them for food what hunting is really all about.  I like shooting deer with nice horns and  have killed some nice deer, but If I let deer go in todays time to let them get bigger then someone else poaches them at night.  It has become a monster as far as big money goes and in the near future it will be extremely hard to find a good place to hunt because of all of the ranches that have in my opinion ruined a great piece of history.  You take the majority of these idiots on these hunting shows and put them in the woods they could not kill crap.  They have people scouting for them,and hanging there stands and telling them were the deer are.  Hell Houston Nutt could harvsest a nice buck with help like they get.  I just dont get it I wouldnt  even enjoy having guides and all that crap the enjoyment for me is to do it on my own.  I sure know it means more.

clifflee4mvp

That guy was like "man you knew what that was"
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Snort and Squeal

Quote from: mcmarti on December 05, 2006, 04:36:52 am
That guy was like "man you knew what that was"

Yeah, he knew.... welcome to the Hunting and Fishing Forum mcmarti!

Skillethead

It seems to be a growing trend with the trophy buck aficionados.
That's what she said...

Mitch C

The current research from A&M, SFA, and especially Miss State says that you need to have a stock of Brood Bucks.  These are genetically superior deer.  You want them to breed more does to keep the genetic potential high.  According to the research you end up with more trophies.  If you shoot only the biggest bucks and only spikes or culls, you will always be left with average bucks.  They claim that is what happened to the hill country of Texas.

southland

Quote from: johnny cash on December 04, 2006, 09:37:35 pm
That would be entrapment.  I WOULD KILL IT.  That in my opinion is what is wrong with the sport of hunting today.  You have to be rich to get a chance to buy decent hunting land cause deer cost between 10,000 to 15,ooo dollars a piece for 160 class and up.  It would be a rare to get a chance with a deer like that on a public land hunt, because of people shooting them for food what hunting is really all about.  I like shooting deer with nice horns and  have killed some nice deer, but If I let deer go in todays time to let them get bigger then someone else poaches them at night.  It has become a monster as far as big money goes and in the near future it will be extremely hard to find a good place to hunt because of all of the ranches that have in my opinion ruined a great piece of history.  You take the majority of these idiots on these hunting shows and put them in the woods they could not kill crap.  They have people scouting for them,and hanging there stands and telling them were the deer are.  Hell Houston Nutt could harvsest a nice buck with help like they get.  I just dont get it I wouldnt  even enjoy having guides and all that crap the enjoyment for me is to do it on my own.  I sure know it means more.
+1 I agree with it all. I like to do my own scouting. That is really the best part sometimes. That one guy was an ass.

Mitch C

Quote from: johnny cash on December 04, 2006, 09:37:35 pm
The biggest reason I quit hunting south Texas is they have ruined the leases there.  Instead of leasing the land for a year at a time and letting you roam freely doing your own scouting.  They have went to these week long hunts and charge $10,000.  to $20,000 for trophy fees.  They are guided hunts which means they put you on a stand and you are there all day.  You don't get the thrill of scouting or setting up stands.  It is really a sorry way to "hunt".

razorbacker3

we have these places in arkansas also. Trophy hunts up to 25k.

Amityvillehogger

That is some funny stuff.  I'm sure the guy "knew" what he was shooting at. 

I can understand a young boy not being able to control his trigger finger, but a grown man?

I'm sure he paid for it. ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Mitch C

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on February 12, 2008, 08:52:19 pm
That is some funny stuff.  I'm sure the guy "knew" what he was shooting at. 

I can understand a young boy not being able to control his trigger finger, but a grown man?

I'm sure he paid for it. ;D
Actually, it has been my experience that the children have much more restraint than the men do.  One thing that I like to do is take out fathers and sons who are having troubles and let them hunt together.  On more than one occasion, the dad has taken the big buck we wanted the kid to take, and it further deepens their problems.  When it works out, though, it is a beutiful thing.  Adults have little to no resraint.

KrakHawg

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 15, 2008, 11:09:56 am
Poor guy!

I gotta say for a 180 class drop tine buck, 12,500 is not too bad!
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

twistitup

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on February 16, 2008, 03:59:39 am
I gotta say for a 180 class drop tine buck, 12,500 is not too bad!

What? If you have 12,000 for a trophy deer...why not save your money, buy land and hunt for free
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: twistitup on February 17, 2008, 07:15:51 pm
What? If you have 12,000 for a trophy deer...why not save your money, buy land and hunt for free

i do hunt for free bro. I do have my own land and I am not a trophy hunter. I shoot does and legal bucks. period, just saying there are trophy hunts in arkansas for 25k or so and I highly highly doubt you would get a deer of that caliber.