Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The offical "Show us your racks" thread.

Started by pioneerhog, May 09, 2006, 09:24:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PharmacistHog

The bad thing on this one, instead of using my weatherby, I had bought a new browning 300 mag so used it. The deer came out opening evening, i did nothing fancy, just shot him. He donkey kicked and left. No blood. No hair. Its dark. Cant find anything. Left him overnight. Couldnt sleep. Got up at daylight and started walking the thicket. No blood. No hair no nothing. Im sick. Just walkin deer trails in thicket. Finally give up and find a trail to get back to my shooting lane and found him curled up under a bush with head tucked. Perfect shot but no blood. I only use my weatherby now. That would have never happened.
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

root_hawg

I had one like that; shot with my 270 and a ballistic tip.  Got to the spot, no blood, no hair and I knew that I had not missed.  It took me a while but eventually I walked right by him and he happened to move and it caught my attention.  He was buried in a brush pile

kodiakisland

My daughters deer from last week.  Shot on a small, low fence deer lease in TX.  She saw two the next morning that this one would have fit inside, but that's hunting.

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

Pistol Pete

December 23, 2014, 02:19:43 pm #353 Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 02:34:35 pm by Pistol Pete
Our great year... All taken within 2 weeks at our farm in Okolona. the first 2 deer were taken off the same stand.
Brodie's 10 point

Mynessia's 8 point

John's 8 with a kicker

Chad's monster 8

southeasthog

Mrs Southeasthog's rack from this past season.

Quote from: 1990sHogBallChild on March 04, 2023, 04:08:32 pmWe have peaked... lucked his way to two elite 8s by getting the most favorable draws in tourney history. Beat the most over-rated 1 seed in the history of college basketball in Gonzaga who would be a 6 seed if they played in a real conference. Then Muss's other 5 tourney wins are against an average of a 12 seed. A few dozen coaches could have done that. Two losing records in SEC play is as much as MA had in 8 years.

Wayne Watson

November 17, 2015, 11:06:23 am #355 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 06:31:37 pm by Wayne Watson
No pics as my 5 point wasn't that impressive.  It was a big deer but a very small rack.  He seemed to be an older deer in decline and needed to be harvested.  Also didn't think y'all wanted to see a pic of a button buck.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

82abn Ard

Great deer!!  One he will always remember.  CONGRATS!

Wayne Watson

Quote from: PharmacistHog on November 17, 2015, 01:09:35 pm

My 8 year olds first buck. 

Great job!  He will remember this the rest of his life!
We don't rent pigs

DeltaBoy

He remember that 1 for sure I still remember my first one a 4 point fork horned buck.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PharmacistHog

Millennials suck...

Wayne Watson

My great niece got her first deer yesterday.  Now all she wants to do is sit in a deer stand!

We don't rent pigs

root_hawg

That lil girl's rack is the best one on here

Virgil

This is my big boy of the year.  19" inside spread and 24" main beams.  Green scored 153-4/8.  My biggest deer by far.  Was a very exciting day when I took him.  lol
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!

Virgil

Also got this one.  First archery buck.  7 point with 16-1/2" inside spread.  He give me two tries.  First time was a 35 yard shot that my arrow hit a limb and shot right over him.  About 5 minutes later he showed back up at 17 yards and I smoked him.  Ran about 75 yards.  I was pretty excited since it was my first buck with my crossbow.  Shot my share of doe but never got the opportunity to take a buck when bow hunting. 

Virgil

Quote from: root_hawg on November 29, 2015, 03:20:24 pm
That lil girl's rack is the best one on here

I agree she'll remember that one forever!!  I remember mine and I'm 41.

PharmacistHog

Great bucks virgil. That big one is awesome. Where'd you get that one?
Millennials suck...

Virgil

Quote from: PharmacistHog on December 28, 2015, 07:52:26 pm
Great bucks virgil. That big one is awesome. Where'd you get that one?

Thanks PharmacistHog!  I took it on a draw hunt on Lake Ouachita.  Another guy took a 13 point but it was no where near the size of mine.  Some big ole mountain deer though. 

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Virgil on December 29, 2015, 10:45:24 am
Thanks PharmacistHog!  I took it on a draw hunt on Lake Ouachita.  Another guy took a 13 point but it was no where near the size of mine.  Some big ole mountain deer though. 

awesome.  Congrats.  That's a great deer!
Millennials suck...

riccoar

This one totaled a car of someone I know in Royal, AR

Virgil

Quote from: riccoar on December 30, 2015, 09:55:53 am
This one totaled a car of someone I know in Royal, AR

WOW!!!  What did the car look like?  lol

riccoar

Not sure, never saw it.  It was a Maxima

root_hawg

riccoar

howie76

riccoar

This shows the one in background of first photo.  Too bad he lost those on the right.

kodiakisland

Freezer is full. 5 deer season.  Might take one more if it's the right one.

My big one:

Wifes buck (with her car and yes, it is in the freezer):

One of my daughters two bucks and doe:

If gun control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome. http://heyjackass.com/

jcharkansas

Albert Einswine

I haven't been able to hunt the past 3 years because of a combination of health and other issues. I hope to do some bowhunting in the St. Francis river bottoms through the end of the season after I get moved back and settled in in NEA. I've got my physical health back to the point I can go.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

kodiakisland

Quote from: Albert Einswine on November 25, 2016, 10:29:30 pm
I haven't been able to hunt the past 3 years because of a combination of health and other issues. I hope to do some bowhunting in the St. Francis river bottoms through the end of the season after I get moved back and settled in in NEA. I've got my physical health back to the point I can go.

I hope you get your health back.  I can't imagine not being physically able to hunt.  I'm sure it has been hard on you.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: kodiakisland on November 26, 2016, 09:38:15 am
I hope you get your health back.  I can't imagine not being physically able to hunt.  I'm sure it has been hard on you.

I had a hard physical deterioration in the fall of 2014 that culminated in me waking up on December 1st of '14 barely able to move. I rebounded a little bit, but then over the ensuing 4 months began to suffer a worsening numbness and partial paralysis in my arms and legs. Had to have cervical spinal surgery and have been on the uptick ever since. But I have extreme osteoarthritis in my right knee and will have to have it replaced at some point. It's a bit rough at times, but it won't keep me from hunting.
"Funny thing, I become a hell of a good fisherman when the trout decide to commit suicide." ~ John D. Voelker

howie76

kodiakisland

Let's get this thread going again!  Got to be some deer out there by now.

Not a deer, but it does have a rack.  Got this last week in BC:

woodrow hog call

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 07, 2017, 08:52:21 pm

Wow nice one Kodiak, congratulations. How far away was he? One shot kill?
"I hate rude behavior in a man, I won't tolerate it"

kodiakisland

Quote from: woodrow hog call on October 07, 2017, 09:45:39 pm

Wow nice one Kodiak, congratulations. How far away was he? One shot kill?

270yds with a 280AI.  One shot thru the ribs and he went down pretty quick. 

Albert Einswine

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 07, 2017, 09:47:16 pm
270yds with a 280AI.  One shot thru the ribs and he went down pretty quick. 

Great job! Moose pretty good eating?

kodiakisland

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 07, 2017, 09:56:21 pm

Great job! Moose pretty good eating?

Closest wild game to beef in my opinion.  Problem is it can be tough as mature bulls are at least 7yrs old, although the tenderloins were very good.  Some places have spike/fork hunts for 2yr olds that provides the best meat.

Albert Einswine

Quote from: kodiakisland on October 07, 2017, 09:58:37 pm
Closest wild game to beef in my opinion.  Problem is it can be tough as mature bulls are at least 7yrs old, although the tenderloins were very good.  Some places have spike/fork hunts for 2yr olds that provides the best meat.

Even closer than bison?

kodiakisland

Quote from: Albert Einswine on October 07, 2017, 10:07:21 pm

Even closer than bison?

Yes, but the bison I've had is usually from a younger animal and more tender.

CPO Hog

1highhog

November 17, 2017, 09:40:03 am #390 Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 09:55:15 am by 1highhog
Shot this one off my back porch.

195bc

Two bucks my 15- and 12-year old sons shot this past week. One not far west of Ft. Smith, the other closer to OKC.

Virgil

Quote from: 195bc on November 29, 2017, 11:04:22 am
Two bucks my 15- and 12-year old sons shot this past week. One not far west of Ft. Smith, the other closer to OKC.

Great bucks.  Great job to those boys of yours.

Virgil

Man that dude is awesome!!  My dream hunt is up that way.

PharmacistHog

That gun is beautiful, too.
Millennials suck...

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

PharmacistHog

I forgot to even post any of our deer from last season.

Here is the one my ten year old got. Means a lot to me not only because he did it all himself but LSUfan was at my camp with his dad that weekend and it was the last time I saw him.

via Imgflip Meme Generator

Here is mine from last year

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Millennials suck...

ashflathog

I got to go Caribou hunting in northern Quebec. It was awesome.

raz96

Just saw this thread at top, my 6x7 elk in Arizona White Mountains - plenty of meat for the freezer.
Desert redneck 😎