Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10/15/11 Morning Bow Hunt Bucks Video

Started by BassinHawg, October 15, 2011, 02:06:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BassinHawg

Had a 7 pt. and 6 pt. come right under me at 9:35 AM. Took a video with my digital camera that I keep in my pocket. I was nice and let them go, I'm waiting on an 8 pt. that I have on a game camera but he didn't show this morning.

The camera audio picked up every little move I made and amplified it on the video, I wasn't really that loud.

http://s889.photobucket.com/albums/ac99/BassinHawg/Deer101511/?action=view&current=MVI_3456.mp4
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Arkapigdiesel

Love the video.

Off topic.....do you use cover scent?  Do you keep your hunting clothes separated in a scent free locker?
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

BassinHawg

I was 16 feet up and they were right on me.  I am really careful about scent control, I use the Dead Down Wind scent eliminating soap, detergent and odor eliminating spray. For a cover I use B.A. Tree Oak scent, I have good results with it but it is hard to find now.  I usually wash everything I am going to wear the night before and put it in a normal leaf/trash bag when it is dry.  I put on the stuff I am going to wear under the camo at the house and I put on the camo pants and jacket when I get to the land.
"It is what it is." has replaced "Yesssss Sirrrrr!!!!"

Whiskey River

This species has amused itself to death...

IronHog

You saw deer?  While hunting?

Crazy slow where I'm at......I can barely get a deer on a game cam.

Normal sit on my meat stand this time a year is 6-20 before lunch.  I saw one this AM and I don't think she is right somehow.......
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

IronHog

Quote from: Arkapigdiesel on October 15, 2011, 04:35:11 pm
Love the video.

Off topic.....do you use cover scent?  Do you keep your hunting clothes separated in a scent free locker?

I've done it from hunting in what I slept in......to clean hunting clothes in a bag, special soap, scent killer, etc.

Scent control helps no doubt.......but it is expensive and takes a ton of time....and is almost like work.  Since we had the baby I just try to be as clean as possible and don't do all the extra stuff........I can tell the difference too.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Flying Razorback

Quote from: IronHog on October 15, 2011, 10:51:27 pm
You saw deer?  While hunting?

Crazy slow where I'm at......I can barely get a deer on a game cam.

Normal sit on my meat stand this time a year is 6-20 before lunch.  I saw one this AM and I don't think she is right somehow.......

I'm right there with you.  I got from having 20-30 deer on camera per spot a day, to barely anything...
Satchel Paige said, "Don't look back, something might be gaining on you..."

deshahawg

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.