Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

black mouth cur

Started by hawgcaller, May 15, 2011, 08:22:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgcaller

Does anyone one know where I can find a black mouth cur pup ? They are the original "Ol Yeller" dog in the movie. I found breeders out of state, but none locally. You'd think western Arkansas would have every kind of hound there is,  readily available.

old hog

May 15, 2011, 09:35:08 pm #1 Last Edit: May 15, 2011, 09:47:36 pm by old hog
Did a little research for ya, found these two. Wasn't sure if it was ok to post or not. Found them on this website. Hope this helps. Good dog.
   http://www.blackmouthcur.com/BreedersList.htm

Phil Phillips
129 Polk 198
Mena, Ar 71953
(479) 394-4460
philphillips39@peoplepc.com

R2 Broke Kennel
John Wayne Ross
1260 Highway 277 North
Monticello, AR  71655
870 367 6329
Pres. of S.B.M.C.B.A

PharmacistHog

My brother had some pups last fall, they weren't registered but he got them for free.  I'll try and find out where he got them and get back with you. 
Quote from: HogPharmer on December 27, 2018, 09:45:23 am
Millennials suck...

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm
Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.

DeltaBoy

Curs are some good dogs for hunting.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: old hog on May 15, 2011, 09:35:08 pm
Did a little research for ya, found these two. Wasn't sure if it was ok to post or not. Found them on this website. Hope this helps. Good dog.
   http://www.blackmouthcur.com/BreedersList.htm

Phil Phillips
129 Polk 198
Mena, Ar 71953
(479) 394-4460
philphillips39@peoplepc.com

R2 Broke Kennel
John Wayne Ross
1260 Highway 277 North
Monticello, AR  71655
870 367 6329
Pres. of S.B.M.C.B.A

This place in Monticello...... don't know anything about it.........but this guys name is "John Wayne Ross".....

Get one of his male pups, name it "Duke" & you probably have a winner.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

hawgcaller

Thanks for the comments. I called the guy in Mena and he breeds for herding cattle. I don't have cattle and don't want a dog bothering neighbors cows. I may go for another breed of dog. I am really wanting a good yard dog( one with a presence) and companion animal. I have a choclate Lab that is 13 years old and he used to be a little scary to strangers who drove up. He's not as gritty with strangers anymore.

DeltaBoy

Curs or even a Black n Tan hound got good yard presence.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

AmityHOG

I've just sold 4 Mountain Curs however they were black with the brintle stripes.   
You can't go wrong with a Cur, great hunting or family dog.
Some People's Kids