Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

.60 cal pistol - Crazy Video!

Started by twistitup, January 28, 2010, 08:00:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

twistitup

60 CAL.. PISTOL Please read before you watch!  Try to follow the gun. This  video is basically a 'show and tell' custom built on a Thompson Encore (fancy version of the Thompson Contender). The Caliber...600 Nitro Express.   That's right...an elephant gun round in a handgun. The story goes that the guy that built it is some kind of custom gun maker, and built this as an exhibition piece. He takes it to the range with him just to show it off, and the big guy that shot it (in the video) had been bugging the builder to let him shoot it.   

In the gun world they use what is termed' recoil index' to kind of give prospective buyers an idea of what a gun kicks like... A 30-06 gets a rating of a 1.0, which for many people is about the limit of what they can shoot multiple rounds thru comfortably. A 243 BR is rated at like a 0.4, a 270 was like a 0.8, etc. The 600 Nitro Express is rated at a 9.4........9.4 times more punishing power than a 30-06.   Now watch the video.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmRW96ko94k
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

gotyacovered

whoa

why would anyone even think it was a good idea to build that?
You are what you tolerate.

hogdiggity

yeah, this goes under the "just because you can doesn't mean you should" catagory

HuntinHog

Quote from: gotyacovered on January 28, 2010, 09:28:09 am
whoa

why would anyone even think it was a good idea to build that?

I disagree.  Unshootable, but still awesome.

gotyacovered

Quote from: HuntinHog on January 28, 2010, 10:33:54 am
I disagree.  Unshootable, but still awesome.

i redirect.... ok it is a cool thought, but why would anyone actually follow through with building it?

Hawgon

I might shoot it just once if I were wearing a motorcycle helmet.  Otherwise, that thing could kill you if it hit you just right.

gotyacovered

This goes in the same category as Hold my beer and watch this, motorcyle helmet, that's funny

deshahawg

HAHA.....Why was that guy crazy enough to shoot it.

OTTER

This proves some people really are NNNNUUUUTTTTTTS
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

95_alum

IronHog

Anybody see the deal a few years ago where the 500 S&W supposedly blew the guys thumb off?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

95_alum

January 29, 2010, 10:19:13 am #11 Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:03:00 pm by 95_alum
Quote from: IronHog on January 29, 2010, 10:12:05 am
Anybody see the deal a few years ago where the 500 S&W supposedly blew the guys thumb off?

Yep. That dude had his thumb in front of the cylinder. Bye bye thumb:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2313371/posts

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2008/1/How-Not-To-Shoot-A-Revolver-438802.html

SultanofSwine

Motorcycle helmet is pretty good, I was thinking hockey mask. Maybe both would be a better idea. 8)

IronHog

Quote from: 95_alum on January 29, 2010, 10:19:13 am
Yep. That dude had his thumb in front of the cylinder. Bye bye thumb:
http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2313371/posts

Cor-Bon's have a reputation for loading some loads that are a little hotter than others, but that takes the cake.
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

Éireannach Collach

Good lord that thing needs to be on a caisson!
"This is my Frito Pie. There are many like it but this one is mine. My Frito Pie is my best friend. It is my life. I must consume it as I must consume air. Without me, my Frito Pie is useless. Without my Frito Pie I am useless. I must prepare my Frito Pie correctly. I must eat my Frito Pie faster than my neighbor, who is trying to steal my Frito Pie. I must neutralize him before he takes my Frito Pie from me. I will. Before God I swear this creed: my Frito Pie and myself are defenders of all things D.S.T., we are the masters of Hogville and D.S.T.'s enemies, we are the saviors of all life. So be it, until all love Frito Pie and Hogville, then peace. Amen."