Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1.3 mega-pixel camera

Started by 1highhog, October 09, 2009, 10:35:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

1highhog

Has anyone bought the 1.3 megapixel game cameras that Walmart has been selling?  I bought one the other day and thought for the $50 price for a 1.3 meg it could'nt been to bad.  I have 6 cameras, ranging from a 5 Meg Remington ghost to a cheap wildview that I believe is a 1 or 2 meg.  I have a Nikon 10 meg digital camera that I take along with me when I go scouting, and just take the SD cards and slip it in my camera and when done I delete them and put the SD cards back in the game cameras.
But this one camera that I bought from Walmart, I can't get it to show anything when I look at it with my Nikon camera.  Is there anybody having the same trouble?  Will I have to carry a laptop and connect it to the game camera to view the pictures?  Help me out here.

deshahawg

My grandpa went through 4 of them last year and never got one to work. I'd take it back and get my money back on it.

1highhog

Thanks Desha, man I've done through away the plastic box it came in, you have to rip them to shreds just to get the camera out.

1highhog

I just am trying to not have to take my game camera home with me and hook it to my computer just to look at pictures.  I don't have a laptop, and even if I did I would'nt walk through the woods carrying it.

deshahawg

The cam I've got has a memory card that comes out with it. It was like 180 and it takes video also. They are great cameras. I could get you hooked up with one if you are interested.

Southerneyes

My father n law has one and it does "ok" but nothing like my Reconyx!

deshahawg

I've never seen one that actually works.

1highhog

My Remington Ghost is a 5 meg, it works great, infrared, video and stills.  That's the most I have paid for one and then I went cheap on the Walmart 1.3 meg.

puddlehog

I have 2 of them.  Not bad for the money.  They use batteries pretty fast.  When the batteries get low, it still takes pics with no flash.  About 500 pics before it starts that.  I have the same problem checking the pics off the card with my Canon(only with one of the cameras).  I just replace card and take it home to view.  I thinks it may be a format issue.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

puddlehog

deshahawg

Are those pics from the cams from wal-mart? I hadn't ever seen one that worked. They don't look to bad actually.

1highhog

I ended up bringing the cards home from my two and viewing them on my home computer, they are not bad pictures, just wish I could view the SD cards they use with my Nikon Camera I take along so I wouldn't have to wait until I get home to look at what i have on them.

Hot_Town_Hog

My Moultrie still has 60% battery life from last year. Has probably been out 2 months or so total with last year's batteries. Will be out again this weekend. The battery life can quickly make up the difference in cost, not to mention the difference in quality.

puddlehog

Quote from: deshahawg on October 14, 2009, 02:48:47 pm
Are those pics from the cams from wal-mart? I hadn't ever seen one that worked. They don't look to bad actually.
Yes

puddlehog