Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12 gauge round question

Started by Razorvet, February 19, 2009, 08:33:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorvet

February 19, 2009, 08:33:14 pm Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 09:21:35 pm by philobeddoe
I have a mosseburg mariner and a friend in law enforcement gave me a box of shells. The box was blue and had a shield on it. The round is blue and has brown paper packing at the tip.

I shot a possom without realizing I had loaded that particular round and the effects were....... Devestating. I have shot possoms with everything from magnum buck to bird shot and have never seen so little remains. I am now using these for home defense and would like to get some more. The box only came with four or five shells. That pistol grip felt like it was attached to a 105 cannon.

Anyone know what they are and if I can get some more. I am out of touch with my friend at this time.

DeltaBoy

February 20, 2009, 09:43:22 am #1 Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:03:50 am by DeltaBoy
LEO grade Buckshot  Blue box could be Nobel.  I have some it kicks like a mule.  Here is what I have

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Razorvet

Quote from: DeltaBoy on February 20, 2009, 09:43:22 am
LEO grade Buckshot  Blue box could be Nobel.  I have some it kicks like a mule.  Here is what I have

Thats it. Where can I get some more?

dartgames

IronHog

You shoot possums with buckshot?
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

twistitup

How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

95_alum

Forget that sissy buckshot. Frag-12 baby!  ;D
Take your pick: armor piercing, high explosive or fragmentation grenade.
For possums, I recommend you go with the high explosive.

http://www.defensereview.com/1_31_2004/FRAG%2012.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p4ebtj1jR7c

DeltaBoy

I get mine at my local Gunshop.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.