Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

10 point 30+ inch spread...

Started by MF, January 10, 2008, 01:53:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MF

Killed somewhere around the Buffalo River.

How in the world did this thing make it through the woods!?!

"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Amityvillehogger

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

NuttSu

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 10, 2008, 02:04:01 pm
I'd let him walk. ;D
Id let him walk too....... until he entered a shooting lane.

Waldron_Hog

Anyone else notice how small the deer's body is?

SultanofSwine

Doesn't much look like an Arkansas tag.

MF

There's always gotta be "that guy", doesn't there?  Just like with the guy who "poached" the deer off Chaffee.

Killed in Newton county, legally, on public land, by an every day normal guy.  Made the Newton County newspaper. 
"Public sentiment is everything. With public sentiment, nothing can fail; without it nothing can succeed." ~ Abraham Lincoln

LSUFan

Quote from: SultanofSwine on January 11, 2008, 12:46:00 pm
Doesn't much look like an Arkansas tag.
Looks like the ones I used this year.

SultanofSwine

Quote from: LSUFan on January 11, 2008, 03:13:50 pm
Looks like the ones I used this year.

It looks a lot bigger than an Arkansas tag to me, not to mention that our tags are not adhesive backed to wrap around the horn and the tag in the picture is not pulled to the horn like it had a tie of some sort like a bread tie or zip tie.

SultanofSwine

MF, I could careless whether he killed it legally or not or if it is an Arkansas deer or not. I just noticed what appeared to be a tag on the antler and given that deer's supposed size and AR deer tag would not wrap around the horns of a deer with bigger than a 3" base and it certainly should not appear to be that big in realtion to the horns and the hunters hand considering our tags are about 1.5" by 3". It just looked odd so I commented on the TAG not the FREAKIN DEER.

BlakeHOGfanatic

Quote from: MF on January 11, 2008, 02:42:42 pm
There's always gotta be "that guy", doesn't there?  Just like with the guy who "poached" the deer off Chaffee.

Killed in Newton county, legally, on public land, by an every day normal guy.  Made the Newton County newspaper. 

You have to question everything you see on the net or phone pics these days cause there is so much bs going around out there, Even though you say that I would have to see it in a newspaper, magazine, or in person to believe any story.

MF

Quote from: SultanofSwine on January 11, 2008, 04:55:16 pm
MF, I could careless whether he killed it legally or not or if it is an Arkansas deer or not. I just noticed what appeared to be a tag on the antler and given that deer's supposed size and AR deer tag would not wrap around the horns of a deer with bigger than a 3" base and it certainly should not appear to be that big in realtion to the horns and the hunters hand considering our tags are about 1.5" by 3". It just looked odd so I commented on the TAG not the FREAKIN DEER.

Quote from: BlakeHOGfanatic on January 11, 2008, 09:18:44 pm
You have to question everything you see on the net or phone pics these days cause there is so much bs going around out there, Even though you say that I would have to see it in a newspaper, magazine, or in person to believe any story.

It was in the Newton County newspaper and was supposed to have been in the Demazette but I didn't see that one.  There are also eyewitness accounts on arhunting.net.  And the guy's grandmother is a co]worker of a close friend of mine which is where I got the picture.  So as we say in other forums, "my source is golden".

FWF79

hoggydog

most people that start cutting down or questioning haven't killed a deer in their life!

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: SultanofSwine on January 11, 2008, 04:48:31 pm
It looks a lot bigger than an Arkansas tag to me, not to mention that our tags are not adhesive backed to wrap around the horn and the tag in the picture is not pulled to the horn like it had a tie of some sort like a bread tie or zip tie.

this year's tags had two punch out places on the tag to run your string through. It appears as if he punched out the two spots and there is string or rope that is visible in the pic running through both holes. He just didn't tie it very tight. It's not being held on by adhesive and that is an arkansas tag IMO
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!