Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Quick spin vanes??

Started by FWF79, August 01, 2007, 11:36:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FWF79

Anyone tried the Quick Spin vanes. All I know is they are expensive

Buff

I've heard they're accurate, I've heard they slow the arrows down some (because of the increased spin and air resistance caused by the kickers), and I've heard they whistle.

IMO - they might be accurate, but they fix a non-existent problem.  My arrows go where I point them everytime.  If I miss my target, I never blame it on my arrows (unless they're crooked of course).  My advice, go with the classic Duravanes, or Blazers.  On the other hand, NAP now makes a shorter, faster, Quick Spin that resembles the Blazer vanes.  I may be rigging some of those up soon.

http://www.arkoutdoors.com/forum/index.php?topic=4087.0

longbeard

I still shoot feathers. The main reason is they are forgiving, my wrong grip is not, my too quick release is not, my jerking my head at the very last second to see my arrow hit is not forgiving. I shoot 4" feathers because they are forgiving, yeet still stabilize my arrow.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: longbeard on August 05, 2007, 12:24:44 am
I still shoot feathers. The main reason is they are forgiving, my wrong grip is not, my too quick release is not, my jerking my head at the very last second to see my arrow hit is not forgiving. I shoot 4" feathers because they are forgiving, yeet still stabilize my arrow.

maybe I need to consider feathers. I have shaky hands and jerky movements that often cause me to pull arrows especially at 25+ yards.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Skinny McPorkbutt

I switched to the 2" "Speed Hunter" quickspins. No complaints.