Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Uhhhh...Macon tweet

Started by batmanfan, April 14, 2017, 08:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ShadowHawg

Oversaes is a crap shoot unless you play in the biggest leagues. It's that simple.

SONofHAM

Quote from: jry04 on May 08, 2017, 12:30:25 pm
To be fair the "is macon coming back?" and "why didnt moses get invited to the combine" tweet was more of a joke to Nabors because that is what everyone asks.
yes...I get that.

Again, I just posted Mason's tweets regarding the topic of the 2 players possibly leaving early over the last ~2 weeks.

"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

jry04

Quote from: SONofHAM on May 08, 2017, 12:47:06 pm
yes...I get that.

Again, I just posted Mason's tweets regarding the topic of the 2 players possibly leaving early over the last ~2 weeks.

I know what you did. However, that tweet was a joke with Nabors, so was completely irrelevant because it doesn't prove he does or doesn't know anything. Someone who does not understand could read that tweet you posted and not know it was a joke, so I was pointing it out.

widespreadsooie

Confused and Angry Panda not far from getting in this thread

Pork Twain

Quote from: mizzouman on May 08, 2017, 10:53:07 am
You have not read ALL my post on this subject have you?  I said that I'm assuming these players have done their due diligence.  If they know they can secure a favorable contract in Europe, then go.  If they cannot, then stay.

Furthermore, in general, most posters think that Euro players are somehow living in poverty.  Maybe a small percentage are, but, again in general, they are well taken care of one way or another.

Now, if these two players have not done their homework and they sign a bad euro contract, that's on them.  If the best they can do is a bad euro contract, they should come back. 
Who has time to read all of anyone's posts...  I would never assume an 18-23 year old has done their due diligence.  That is error #1. 

I doubt you actually know how most European players are taken care of.  It takes several players to make a team and you might have read or read about a few players.  That leaves the majority that you nor I have ever heard a peep about.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

mizzouman

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 09, 2017, 06:10:19 am
Who has time to read all of anyone's posts...  I would never assume an 18-23 year old has done their due diligence.  That is error #1. 

I doubt you actually know how most European players are taken care of.  It takes several players to make a team and you might have read or read about a few players.  That leaves the majority that you nor I have ever heard a peep about.
If you don't have the time to read what I say, then how can you judge what I wrote?

That's like reading one sentence in a chapter and thinking you know that entire book.

The bottom line is this:

These two, like every other player contemplating this, need to do their due diligence.  If they can sign a good contract, go.  If they cannot, then stay. 

If they don't do their research, that's on them.  Nothing you nor I can do about that.

Lastly, everyone thinks Euro guys are taking advantage off and live a destitute life.  Maybe a small handful, but most do not. 

Dwight_K_Shrute

New Rumor I'm hearing is that Macon will come back if this thread makes it to 15 pages.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 09, 2017, 08:42:57 am
New Rumor I'm hearing is that Macon will come back if this thread makes it to 15 pages.
Hogs up! Covid down!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Macon pass out at 31 Flavors last night.

King Kong

We to start an argument and then

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: King Kong on May 09, 2017, 09:37:28 am
We to start an argument and then

Macon needs to lobby NCAA for a 5th year of eligibility and stay 2 more years.  Statistics show people with a masters degree earn 20% more than people with a bachelor's degree. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hog-Corleone

I heard it was 10-12 pages.  So.... He's coming back for sure now...
This is my word, and as such is beyond contestation.

bvillepig

Quote from: Hog-Corleone on May 09, 2017, 10:10:30 am
I heard it was 10-12 pages.  So.... He's coming back for sure now...

I heard 14

Hogberry Snortcake

PintailKiller

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on May 06, 2017, 09:51:08 pm
How the hell can he do that?  I guarantee I make twice what the highest euro guys make.  I'm 42 and still having to work full time for the next 20 years.  He must have played in the NBA some to make that kind of money.

Great - you make over 3.$M euros/ year.  Why work another 20?
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

TNhawgfan

But only if it's 15 pages about him. Pages about former mizzou players in the euro league don't count
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

FineAsSwine

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 09, 2017, 05:08:56 pm
But only if it's 15 pages about him. Pages about former mizzou players in the euro league don't count

Definitely!
Hogs up! Covid down!