Uhhhh...Macon tweet

Started by batmanfan, April 14, 2017, 08:17:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

King Kong

Quote from: widespreadsooie on May 05, 2017, 12:24:14 pm
Macon coming back, y'all rest easy.

Whew, I'm so glad you posted this. I feel so much better

daprospecta

Macon should get his degree to have in his back pocket. I think he should come back because his game got better as the year progressed.  I honestly think he can work his way into a second round pick.  He has some things to work on that can be achieved over a summer of hard work and dedication.  I don't think it's a catastrophic decision if he were to leave but not the best.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: King Kong on May 05, 2017, 01:28:36 pm
Whew, I'm so glad you posted this. I feel so much better

You should.

King Kong

Birminghog

Quote from: mizzouman on May 05, 2017, 01:23:18 pm
And by the way, one will go to Germany next year to play his last of his 14 years.  He'll be 36, coming back to the US with a wife and 2 kids and will not have to work another day in his life.

If that is true, he invested well and resisted the spendthrift urge. Good for him. I hate it when athletes make a ton of money, then lose it because of poor choices, bad advice, leeches, etc.

Best of luck to him. Hopefully he can be a positive influence on other professional athletes, regardless of where they end up playing.

TNhawgfan

Call me naive, but i believe this elaborate post
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

hawgmasta

Quote from: TNhawgfan on May 05, 2017, 08:35:32 pm
Call me naive, but i believe this elaborate post

Seems legit.

azhog10

Looking more and more promising. But these kids can be fickle.

HOGINTENNESSEE

And by the way, one will go to Germany next year to play his last of his 14 years.  He'll be 36, coming back to the US with a wife and 2 kids and will not have to work another day in his life. 

That's awesome. Good for him. All to play a game. Would have loved to have that opportunity

East TN HAWG

How?  Considering that he is not attending classes.  I doubt he is academically eligible now.

razorsharp94

Quote from: East TN HAWG on May 06, 2017, 01:41:43 pm
How?  Considering that he is not attending classes.  I doubt he is academically eligible now.

Who said he's not attending classes? Another board "reported" he was. Who has the concrete proof? I'm guessing neither board does.

hawgmasta

Quote from: razorsharp94 on May 06, 2017, 02:13:23 pm
Who said he's not attending classes? Another board "reported" he was. Who has the concrete proof? I'm guessing neither board does.

The facts and first hand reports on these boards come At you so fast it just messes you up.

mizzouman

Quote from: Birminghog on May 05, 2017, 06:33:20 pm
If that is true, he invested well and resisted the spendthrift urge. Good for him. I hate it when athletes make a ton of money, then lose it because of poor choices, bad advice, leeches, etc.

Best of luck to him. Hopefully he can be a positive influence on other professional athletes, regardless of where they end up playing.
Made a lot if money with no expenses.

Razorod

Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

widespreadsooie

Arthur pigby sellers.

How the hell can he do that?  I guarantee I make twice what the highest euro guys make.  I'm 42 and still having to work full time for the next 20 years.  He must have played in the NBA some to make that kind of money.

Dwight_K_Shrute

FWIW

[tweet]860989812899278849[/tweet]
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

jry04

Quote from: Arthur pigby sellers. on May 06, 2017, 09:51:08 pm
How the hell can he do that?  I guarantee I make twice what the highest euro guys make.  I'm 42 and still having to work full time for the next 20 years.  He must have played in the NBA some to make that kind of money.
This is just an ignorant post. The highest paid euro players make over $1million. You make twice that?

If you truly get a good deal overseas like the ones I know did, then it does not take long to save up.  Even jusy $45-50K/yr with a car and apartment paid for nets you at least $25k/yr. If Mizzouman's player made at least that for 14 years he is coming back with $350k+. My guess is if you are in your 14th year overseas, you will probably make more if you are a halfway decent American player.

Birminghog

Quote from: jry04 on May 06, 2017, 10:37:54 pm
This is just an ignorant post. The highest paid euro players make over $1million. You make twice that?

If you truly get a good deal overseas like the ones I know did, then it does not take long to save up.  Even jusy $45-50K/yr with a car and apartment paid for nets you at least $25k/yr. If Mizzouman's player made at least that for 14 years he is coming back with $350k+. My guess is if you are in your 14th year overseas, you will probably make more if you are a halfway decent American player.

Returning to the subject of Macon, I see in another thread that Qualls is playing in Israel. Do we think Macon is better than Qualls? What is his likely destination if he goes overseas (which we are told a couple of posts ago won't happen anyway)?

hawgmasta

Quote from: Birminghog on May 06, 2017, 10:59:34 pm
Returning to the subject of Macon, I see in another thread that Qualls is playing in Israel. Do we think Macon is better than Qualls? What is his likely destination if he goes overseas (which we are told a couple of posts ago won't happen anyway)?

That's a great question, Qualls definitely has better athleticism and defense. Qualls also is a better scorer when he's on and quite a bit longer.

Macon is a much better all around player though, and is a much more "pure" shooter.  If Macon was closer to Qualls size and hops, I have no doubt he would probably be drafted this year.

And there is a difference between a shooter and scorer, and you can be both if that makes sense.

woodhog14

How the hell can he do that? I guarantee I make twice what the highest euro guys make.  I'm 42 and still having to work full time for the next 20 years.  He must have played in the NBA some to make that kind of money.

Seriously? There are over 35 players making over $1.2M a year in the European League, with the highest paid player making $3.4M.  Come on man.

HoopS

Quote from: Hawg Red on May 06, 2017, 07:20:12 pm
FWIW.....

https://twitter.com/_arhoops/status/860989812899278849
the most important post in this thread. Hopefully it'll get its deserved play before long as others debate the salaries of those playing overseas. Meanwhile our team looks like it has a legit chance again now. But by all means, let's continue the European League talk.

RebHog

Quote from: HoopS on May 07, 2017, 10:05:42 am
the most important post in this thread. Hopefully it'll get its deserved play before long as others debate the salaries of those playing overseas. Meanwhile our team looks like it has a legit chance again now. But by all means, let's continue the European League talk.

Hope this is true I don't see this post anymore on his twitter.

Hawg Red

Quote from: RebHog on May 07, 2017, 11:03:46 am
Hope this is true I don't see this post anymore on his twitter.

It's still there.

Science Fiction Greg

I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

sowmonella

Umm who is Nicholas Mason?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Breems

Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Nipsey Mussle

He may end up being right, but I doubt he knows anything.

HOGINTENNESSEE

SONofHAM

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 07, 2017, 01:23:41 pm
The tweets from April 29 are irrelevant now. I'm curious why you didn't post anything of his tweets back and forth between him and Barford about 4 on 4 and 5 on 5 games to hundred?

Don't want to show that he is connected?
Hmmmm...you're clearly trying to pick a fight.

All I did was show more of his tweets.  As you can see from yesterday...even he said he doesn't know for sure.  People are acting like his tweet is official news.  I also said I hope he's right.

I'm aware he is a radio personality as well as a friend to many current and former Hogs. 

What's your issue?
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

TNhawgfan

Mason's texts are encouraging but meaningless. Looking forward to Macon's texts so we can put this to bed
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: SONofHAM on May 07, 2017, 01:32:11 pm
Hmmmm...you're clearly trying to pick a fight.

All I did was show more of his tweets.  As you can see from yesterday...even he said he doesn't know for sure.  People are acting like his tweet is official news.  I also said I hope he's right.

I'm aware he is a radio personality as well as a friend to many current and former Hogs. 

What's your issue?

To me it appeared you only picked the tweets that only supported the point you were trying to make. Especially going back to April 29th to disprove his tweet from yesterday. Instead of presenting all sides.

That I have a problem with.

SONofHAM

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 07, 2017, 02:34:48 pm
To me it appeared you only picked the tweets that only supported the point you were trying to make. Especially going back to April 29th to disprove his tweet from yesterday. Instead of presenting all sides.

That I have a problem with.
I posted all the tweets I could find where Nick Mason commented on the subject of Macon/Barford leaving.   

I don't know why anyone would not want Macon back.  I even said I hope Mason is correct in his tweet.  My point is that even Mason said yesterday he doesn't know what he will do...only that he thinks he knows what he will do.  So basically, we are still in the same boat we were before the tweet.

Hopefully Macon ends our suspense soon.  We need both he and Barford back if we want to dance again.
"like a wild band of Razorback hogs"

East TN HAWG

Quote from: razorsharp94 on May 06, 2017, 02:13:23 pm

Its been posted on here that he was not attending class.  I hope its wrong.

Porked Tongue

He was going to some classes. He's taking finals.

I posted that already umpteen pages back.

Hogberry Snortcake

Quote from: Porked Tongue on May 07, 2017, 04:59:45 pm
He was going to some classes. He's taking finals.

I posted that already umpteen pages back.

Good to hear.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 07, 2017, 03:12:39 pm
It appears as though its you attempting to pick a fight.  All he did was provide information.  Some of which a lot of us have not seen.  I'm appreciative of it over all the life-coach advice I've seen on this thread!

What Nick Mason tweet on April 29 and 30 is irrelevant, considering Nick is in atleast weekly contact with Barford and Macon

Porked Tongue

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on May 07, 2017, 05:11:06 pm
What Nick Mason tweet on April 29 and 30 is irrelevant, considering Nick is in atleast weekly contact with Barford and Macon
Pretty much EVERY Nick Mason tweet is irrelevant.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Porked Tongue

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The ColonelHog on May 07, 2017, 09:00:25 pm
Nick Mason's tweets mean more to me than the "dumb", "uninformed", "he's making a mistake", posts I've seen on this thread.  At least he has a finger on the pulse, unlike all the life coaches on here!

This

RazorPiggie

Why did the Morning Rush bring Mason on as a regular?  Dude is TERRIBLE.

mizzouman

May 08, 2017, 08:07:21 am #544 Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 08:50:34 am by mizzouman

If you make twice as much as the highest euro guy, then first, congrats, then second, if you still have to work full time for the next 20 years, you're not doing something correctly.

jry04

Quote from: Birminghog on May 06, 2017, 10:59:34 pm
I have no idea what Qualls makes, but I am sure him tearing his ACL and then getting arrested for marijuana probably hurt his stock in any league he was trying to get into. The ACL probably more than the other overseas, though.

Pork Twain

Quote from: mizzouman on May 05, 2017, 07:55:17 am
But these players won't pay this.  The teams take very good care of them.  They won't pay rent, utilities, gas or for even a car.  All that is part of the deal. 

You again, are assuming that everything is ideal and that all teams follow through.  That all too often, is not the case.  You are making a HUGE leap by grouping all players and all contracts into the same bucket.  A guy that has played in the NBA and a guy that was not drafted or even considered for the draft, will be treated completely differently.  No offense but guys like these are a dime a dozen.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Hogimus Prime

Quote from: RazorPiggie on May 08, 2017, 06:45:36 am
Why did the Morning Rush bring Mason on as a regular?  Dude is TERRIBLE.

Chris Broussard wanted too much

mizzouman

Quote from: Pork Twain on May 08, 2017, 09:14:57 am
You again, are assuming that everything is ideal and that all teams follow through.  That all too often, is not the case.  You are making a HUGE leap by grouping all players and all contracts into the same bucket.  A guy that has played in the NBA and a guy that was not drafted or even considered for the draft, will be treated completely differently.  No offense but guys like these are a dime a dozen.
You have not read ALL my post on this subject have you?  I said that I'm assuming these players have done their due diligence.  If they know they can secure a favorable contract in Europe, then go.  If they cannot, then stay.

Furthermore, in general, most posters think that Euro players are somehow living in poverty.  Maybe a small percentage are, but, again in general, they are well taken care of one way or another.

Now, if these two players have not done their homework and they sign a bad euro contract, that's on them.  If the best they can do is a bad euro contract, they should come back. 

Razorbackers