Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

E.J. Fatu

Started by *H06~FAN*, August 11, 2011, 09:01:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

*H06~FAN*

I had seen where they were talking about us being a favorite of this #3 FB on Rivals. Does anyone have any info on the guy? Thanks!  :razorback:

booogaga

August 11, 2011, 09:11:44 am #1 Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 09:17:07 am by booogaga
Here is his rivals and scout page if that helps any. I like the number and quality of the schools that have given him offers. Get him on campus. Redshirt  him a year, put about 30 more lbs on him and he will be a hulk at FB.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-E.J.-Fatu-118711
http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=5172442

kind of funny scout says an area of improvement for him is breakaway speed? he is a freaking fullback why does he need breakaway speed?
GO HOGS!

RazorBassin

Quote from: booogaga on August 11, 2011, 09:11:44 am
Here is his rivals and scout page if that helps any. I like the number and quality of the schools that have given him offers. Get him on campus. Redshirt  him a year, put about 30 more lbs on him and he will be a hulk at FB.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/arkansas/football/recruiting/player-E.J.-Fatu-118711
http://arkansas.scout.com/a.z?s=10&p=8&c=1&nid=5172442

kind of funny scout says an area of improvement for him is breakaway speed? he is a freaking fullback why does he need breakaway speed?

Noticed that too, but I believe I read somewhere that he plays RB, but is projected as a FB.  May be mistaken, but I believe I have seen that somewhere.  Would love to have this kid blocking in front of our RBs in 2 years.  Would also do him some good to sit behind Kiero for 2 years and learn.  I believe Small is going to help this offense immensely.

poloprince

Kody Walker got 4 years to play
$PoLoPrInCe$

beansandtaters

Quote from: poloprince on August 11, 2011, 10:05:17 am
Kody Walker got 4 years to play

Tyler Wilson got 2 years to play.

I love lamp.

pedrothelion

I think BP likes hybrid guys that can play both FB and RB.  While at Loisville Kolby Smith started out at FB and eventually became a nice RB.  I believe that Michael Bush may have played a little FB his freshman year as well.

*H06~FAN*

Personally Im just not sure how much Koby will be played at FB. I see him being used alot like Broderick Green. But as far as Fatu goes, you can never have too many bruising FBs. Would be a great get for sure. :razorback:

aberium2002

Dont see anyone even comming close to beating out Smalls. As long as he is here he is our guy.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" John Heisman

mmhogs17

He could play a Peyton Hillis-ish type role. Switch time between RB/FB.

He's strictly a RB in High School, and a pretty good one.

TrojanHog

Quote from: aberium2002 on August 11, 2011, 12:27:00 pm
Dont see anyone even comming close to beating out Smalls. As long as he is here he is our guy.

So that covers us this year and next year.  Would love to have Fatu to be there when Small moves on.

Hey Super

My friend and I looked at his picture on his rivals profile this morning ... needless to say, we want him to commit asap
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

tophawg19

as far as breakaway speed remember barry foster was a FB. remember that miami run.
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

LJHOG

Quote from: mmhogs17 on August 11, 2011, 12:49:21 pm
He could play a Peyton Hillis-ish type role. Switch time between RB/FB.

He's strictly a RB in High School, and a pretty good one.
Can he catch?  Hillis had fantastic hands.

SpringTxHOG

Here's the scope on the kid...tough!  His coaches love him (I know the DC real well) the players will follow him off a cliff.  His dad was a pro wrestler and the kid likes to fight (will have to get this under control).  As a football player...he runs hard between the tackles.  I have never really watched him lead block.  The team rally's behind his lead.  I can see CBP taking him as a project FB to gain access to all the players coming out of Klein and the Dist.  This guy will help with recruiting in the Spring / Woodlands area.  He's more like 225lbs.

Ham Ham Pigelow

Quote from: LongHog on August 11, 2011, 06:03:11 pm
My friend and I looked at his picture on his rivals profile this morning ... needless to say, we want him to commit asap
Gonna need more detail sir.

Hey Super

Quote from: Ham Ham Pigelow on August 13, 2011, 06:42:51 am
Gonna need more detail sir.

Dude looks like a beast is what im saying
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

The_Bionic_Pig

He is a throwback FB...very thick and powerful.  He is not going to outrun or shake a defender but will inflict punishment upon those LBs who wish to impede his path also wear down those Defensive Lineman on short yardage situation's.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

poloprince

http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1250536

A month ago the nation's No. 3 fullback prospect had narrowed his list of options down to two schools, and Arkansas' name was nowhere to be found. Fast forward to the present and E.J. Fatu of Klein (Texas) Oak has a totally different take on Bobby Petrino's Razorbacks.

Fatu, 5-10, 235, said on Wednesday that Arkansas is not only back in the mix, but has taken the lead in trying to land his services. He has notable offers from Arizona State, Arkansas, Michigan, Nevada and Utah, and the thought of playing in Fayetteville (Ark.) has weighed heavily on his mind lately.

"I'm really thinking about committing to Arkansas," Fatu said. "I love their football program. I watch them most of the time. I've just been hearing a lot of good things about them and my coaches have been talking about them."

$PoLoPrInCe$

bennyl08

Quote from: LongHog on August 14, 2011, 05:17:10 pm

Dude looks like a beast is what im saying

That is not an intimidating picture. Reminds me of the guy in the Longest Yard remake who gets with the "cheerleaders." Not saying he won't be good, just poor picture choice.

As for Small/Walker/Green, Green was training to become more of a fullback type guy before he was injured, Small will be our bonafide fb for the next two years, and Walker will be relegated to Green's role once Tenpenny commits to us.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Hey Super

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 16, 2011, 10:44:52 pm
That is not an intimidating picture. Reminds me of the guy in the Longest Yard remake who gets with the "cheerleaders." Not saying he won't be good, just poor picture choice.

As for Small/Walker/Green, Green was training to become more of a fullback type guy before he was injured, Small will be our bonafide fb for the next two years, and Walker will be relegated to Green's role once Tenpenny commits to us.

recruits read this board, you should be careful what you say about them man ...

hogwild210

Quote from: bennyl08 on August 16, 2011, 10:44:52 pm

All reports from practice are that Walker is punishing people at RB...why do you think he'll be relegated to FB?
Quote from: Steef on May 26, 2017, 12:28:23 pm
Still, one can never go wrong with excrement at a time like this.

pedrothelion

Quote from: hogwild210 on August 17, 2011, 06:50:57 am
All reports from practice are that Walker is punishing people at RB...why do you think he'll be relegated to FB?
The hogville hive mind has insisted (this has slightly changed recently) that the Walker doesn't have the skills to be a SEC TB.  I've always felt that opinion was premature.  Especially after recent practice and scrimmage reports that have said otherwise.

Hoggiedawg

I hope we get this kid.  CBP is doing a great job finding talent.  The present and the future is bright!

JackJohnson

Quote from: aberium2002 on August 11, 2011, 12:27:00 pm

Small is a Jr this year so he will be a senior next year when that kid is a true frosh.  I would imagine he would redshirt while Small is a senior so after Small leaves he would- in theory- be able to start at FB for 4 years.

However I believe we have 2 very capable FB replacements on hand in redshirt fr Morgan Linton and true fr Brad Shearin.  Both are walkon's with a lot of potential.  after Small leaves Linton will be a RS Jr, Shearin a RS So, and Fatu would be a RS Fr.  I would definately say our FB position would be covered if that is the case...

razorback44

Quote from: pedrothelion on August 17, 2011, 07:34:31 am
The hogville hive mind has insisted (this has slightly changed recently) that the Walker doesn't have the skills to be a SEC TB.  I've always felt that opinion was premature.  Especially after recent practice and scrimmage reports that have said otherwise.

+1
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR