Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

James McCann - Detroit Tigers

Started by PintailKiller, August 03, 2017, 04:38:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PintailKiller

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/mlb/tigers/2017/08/02/detroit-tigers-james-mccann/534259001/

Nice article about James getting back to being the starting catcher with the help of his hitting.
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

Kevin

had a grand slam and 5 rbi's yesterday. has his average up to 250, after a horrendous first 3 months
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

OnTheHillHogFan

August 13, 2017, 09:18:14 am #2 Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 06:11:24 pm by OnTheHillHogFan
His hand injury is going to cost him some money in a couple of months but he has been on fire for a while now. Clay Henry had a really good article on him a couple of weeks ago after he talked to him in KC.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

dotnet

In the second half he is hitting 351/400/514 with a RC+ 147. 

The first three months were a painful lead in to his first arb salary, but if he keeps that up for the next month and a half then he'll do okay. 

dotnet

It also helps that they traded Alex Avila

woo.pig

I wanted send a ball to the Detroit Tigers and ask James to sign it for my kid. I found out the Tigers do not allow there players to sign anything but baseball cards, and only after you make a donation of a predetermined amount to the Detroit Tigers Foundation. Crazy

89ALUM

Actually, that's not crazy in the least.  And the Tigers Foundation charity is a very worthy recipient.

Its probably not an option, but James will definitely sign if you run into him at a game.  He's an absolutely HUGE Razorback supporter and extremely kind man who will cheerfully sign a ball in person.  Especially if he knew it was for your son.

Some MLB teams won't sign balls in the mail, even for a donation, and in fact a few players won't even return items (unsigned or not).  Minor leaguers are pretty good about it, however.  Retired players are hit and miss; some will do an autograph for a donation to a charity.
I'm in shape.  Round is a shape.

"That's what." - she

311Hog

it is crazy to me that people are still surprised when someone (pro athlete/pro team) doesn't just jump at the chance to sign things for them.  You do realize that signed sports memorabilia is a multi million dollar business right?

And while i believe you that the ball or the card would be for your son, for every one honest person there are thousands of "ebay brokers" out there peddling the same story to try and get what amounts to inventory for them.