Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Our Football Record in 2017?

Started by nwahogfan1, May 31, 2017, 01:25:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How many FB games do we win this year?

5 wins?  Maybe CBB is not the Coach many are hoping for.
13 (6.7%)
6 wins?   see above
33 (17%)
7 wins?  Who do we beat?
59 (30.4%)
8 or more wins?  Really who do we beat?
89 (45.9%)

Total Members Voted: 194

Voting closed: July 30, 2017, 01:25:15 pm

HiggiePiggy

Quote from: gchamblee on June 01, 2017, 08:05:30 pm
Hogtard wants CBB fired. He is suggesting 6-6 this year will get that accomplished.

Lol. That wouldn't get him fired anyway.  He can go 3-9 this year and it still wouldn't get him fired.  He will get 6 years. After that is when he should worry if he is still putting up 6-6 records. 
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

Hoggiedawg

6-6 maybe 7-5.  I don't expect the defense to be much  better and the offense is going to continue to struggle in the second half.

DeltaBoy

My heart blooms eternal with each new Football season only to be dashed by Frank who hated that Ken was winning despite refusing Frank's advice, Nutt instead of Tommy Tubberville , Bobby gets fired and the Best Long could do was hire Smile, I saw a Solid season till we quit against the Zoo and the Bowl game.
Heart ❤ says 8
Head says 6 max.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

EulessHog

Sept. 2 – FLORIDA A&M (Little Rock, Ark.)
Win. Arkansas 52, Florida A&M 9
Anyone know anything about Florida A&M?

Sept. 9 – TCU
Loss.  TCU 31, Arkansas 30
TCU is looking to make a resurgence after last year's 41-38 OT loss last season.  In the biggest non-conference game of the season, TCU will focus on battling an "SEC defense" on their home turf and how to manipulate that into their scoring efforts. Beginning of the end for Bielema.

Sept. 16 – Open Date

Sept. 23 – vs. Texas A&M* (Arlington, Texas)
Win.  Arkansas 30, Texas A&M 24
This will finally be the season the Razorbacks win at AT&T Stadium. Arkansas has two weeks to prepare for A&M with a bye week following the TCU loss. Austin Allen won't face a tenacious defensive line capable of multiple goal line stands like last season. Beginning of the end for Sumlin.

Sept. 30 – New Mexico State
(See Florida A&M prediction)

Oct. 7 – at South Carolina*
Win.  Arkansas 30, South Carolina 27
Flip a coin, both teams play poorly.  South Carolina has a better defense, but Allen is enough for Arkansas to pull this one out.  Bielema makes bold prediction that Arkansas will win the west.

Oct. 14 – at Alabama*
Loss. Alabama 31 Arkansas 6
Alabama Will Win Another National Title.  Arkansas will not perform as well as hoped for against a talented and well-coached Alabama team.  Score could be anything Saban wants it to be.  (Bielema is so embarrassing.)

Oct. 21 – Auburn*
Loss.  Auburn 48, Arkansas 13
Humiliating loss last year means too much bad karma for the Hogs.  Arkansas does not have enough talent on both sides of the ball and will lose badly... again.  Malzahn still holds a grudge and Bielema still doesn't have a clue. 

Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss*
Win. Arkansas 30, Ole Miss 14
Bielema buys another year with this one.  The defense toes the line against an NCAA infraction-ridden Freeze team.  Allen does his part too.  Bielema starts talking again.

Nov. 4 – Coastal Carolina
(See Florida A&M prediction)

Nov. 11 – at LSU*
Loss. LSU 38, Arkansas 6
Bielema stops talking.  LSU plays big boy football against another poorly coached Arkansas effort.  Hogs new defensive coordinator, Rhodes says, "F- it, I quit."
So does the rest of the team.

Nov. 18 – Mississippi State
Win. Arkansas 26 Mississippi State 25
"Against the wind" is the Hogs mantra going into this game.  Miss State leads at the end of the first half 21 to 6.  However, Nick Fitzgerald goes out with a season ending injury just before the end of the first half.  Bielema is caught by the camera rejoicing on the sidelines as State quarterback is carted off the field. Hogs rally in the fourth quarter.

Nov. 25 – MISSOURI*
Win. Arkansas 26 Missouri 25
How can Hogs not win this game?
Missouri goes winless in the SEC.
Go Hogs Go!

redleg

June 06, 2017, 02:00:05 pm #54 Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:18:22 am by redleg
Florida A&M in Little Rock
Hogs 56 - Rattlers 07
(1-0) - easy win for Arkansas.
TCU in Fayetteville
Hogs 35 - Horned Frogs 21
(2-0) - The Frogs will be good, but Arkansas should be better, especially at home.
Texas A&M in Dallas
Hogs 35 - Aggies 24
(3-0) - THIS is the year Arkansas finally beat A&M again. The OT losses hurt, and the bleeding versus the Aggies should have stopped then.
New Mexico St in Fayetteville
Hogs 52 - Aggies 10
(4-0) - Another easy W for Arkansas.
South Carolina in Columbia, SC.
Hogs 34 - Gamecocks 21
(5-0) - This game will be close until the Hogs pull away in the 4th with their ground game.
Alabama in Tuscaloosa, AL.
Hogs 21 - Crimson Tide 31
(5-1) - Another year of facing a Saban coached team...another loss.
Auburn in Fayetteville
Hogs 23 - Tigers 31
(5-2) - Hard fought game. Hogs come up short. AU faithful are getting tired of Gus' "average" seasons. Tigers are over-rated.
Ole Miss in Oxford, MS.
Hogs 38 - Rebels 24
(6-2) - Four in a row over Freeze (IF he's still there after the NCAA drops the hammer on him and his corrupt program).
Coastal Carolina in Fayetteville
Hogs 52 - Chanticleers 07
(7-2) - Third easy non-conference win of the season.
LSU in Baton Rouge, LA.
Hogs 24 - Tigers 28
(7-3) - Hogs come up short versus an over-rated LSU squad.
Mississippi St in Fayetteville
Hogs 42 - Bulldogs 27
(8-3) - Lots of offense, fun game, especially since the Hogs win.
Missouri in Fayetteville
Hogs 45 - Tigers 17
(9-3) - Arkansas gets revenge for last year. Hoping CBB calls a "student body at Biesel" play sometime during the game.
Citrus Bowl at worst - Cotton Bowl at best. 
(10-3)

If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

DLUXHOG

you didn't have 12-0 as an option....
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Al Boarland

Quote from: redleg on June 02, 2017, 02:56:58 pm
9-3
losses at Alabama, at LSU, vs Auburn
:razorback:

What about the head scratcher loss?

HamSammich

When we start 1-2 this forum will be a madhouse. We will still win 7 games but not the way you folks think.

There is actually a fair chance we will start 1-3.

Wildhog

Quote from: HamSammich on June 07, 2017, 12:49:43 pm
When we start 1-2 this forum will be a madhouse. We will still win 7 games but not the way you folks think.

That would mean we lose to either FAMU or NM State.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

GuvHog

Quote from: HamSammich on June 07, 2017, 12:49:43 pm

You give TCU too much credit. A win in DWRRS for TCU would be accomplishing a mountainous feat. Not likely to happen because while they have some talent, they aren't going to be THAT good.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

GuvHog

Quote from: Wildhog on June 07, 2017, 12:52:24 pm
That would mean we lose to either FAMU or NM State.

Yeah, I don't see that happening.

LZH

Quote from: GuvHog on June 07, 2017, 12:58:50 pm
You give TCU too much credit. A win in DWRRS for TCU would be accomplishing a mountainous feat. Not likely to happen because while they have some talent, they aren't going to be THAT good.

Texas Tech sure didn't have any problem winning there. And Toledo held us to 12 points or so in LR. I don't see TCU on the same level as the Razorbacks program, but I certainly think they are capable of kicking our butt in Fayetteville.

GuvHog

Quote from: LZH on June 07, 2017, 01:08:26 pm
Texas Tech sure didn't have any problem winning there. And Toledo held us to 12 points or so in LR. I don't see TCU on the same level as the Razorbacks program, but I certainly think they are capable of kicking our butt in Fayetteville.

I don't. They aren't going to be as good as they were last year and they certainly didn't kick the Hog's butts down in Arlington, Texas so I don't see them doing it in Fayetteville.

WilsonHog

When I was a boy in the mid-70's, following the Hogs in the SWC, I remember usually looking at our schedule this time of year and thinking, "Well, the worst we'll do is probably 8-3."

I feel that way now, except 7-6 is probably the mark. Sort of like last year, I think we'll win seven to nine games, depending on injuries and when the unexpected collapse comes (early? mid-season? late?). We're kinda like your dad's (granddad's?) Ford LTD. Nothing sexy, no eye candy; just kinda solid and dependable.

HamSammich

who has had the better program the last ten years.... 20 years??

Think about it before you answer because I have google that will prove otherwise.

nwahogfan1

Remember TT kicking our butt in Fayetteville after we kicked them pretty good there?   No one from Ark.thought that could happen.

Hoggish1

GuvHog

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 07, 2017, 07:01:02 pm
Remember TT kicking our butt in Fayetteville after we kicked them pretty good there?   No one from Ark.thought that could happen.

The Hogs actually had a defense when they beat TT in Lubbock. The Defense was non-existent in 2015 when TT beat us in Fayetteville. The defense will be much improved this year and they will be running the 3-4 which is better against offenses like TCU's.

Youngsta71701

Florida A&M              Win     (1-0)

@TCU                      Win     (2-0)

Texas A&M               Win     (3-0)

New Mexico State     Win     (4-0)

@South Carolina       Win     (5-0)

@Alabama                Loss     (5-1)

Auburn                     Loss     (5-2)

@Ole Miss                 Win     (6-2)

Coastal Carolina         Win     (7-2)

@LSU                       Loss     (7-3)

Mississippi State        Win     (8-3)

Missouri                    Win     (9-3)

Overall                                (9-3)
Conference                          (5-3)
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

NuttinItUp

8-4, setting up for a 10 win season next year.

We are on the upswing.

GuvHog

Quote from: NuttinItUp on June 08, 2017, 08:57:42 am
8-4, setting up for a 10 win season next year.

We are on the upswing.

8-4 this year wouldn't surprise me at all but with what the Hogs will be losing on both sides of the ball after this season, 10-2 for next year might be a serious stretch.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: GuvHog on June 08, 2017, 08:30:03 am
The Hogs actually had a defense when they beat TT in Lubbock. The Defense was non-existent in 2015 when TT beat us in Fayetteville. The defense will be much improved this year and they will be running the 3-4 which is better against offenses like TCU's.

We all hope you are right but who really knows.  This is your Razorback dream right now. I like that our new defense allow us to get more speed on the field and be more aggressive but do we in year 1 have the right personal to run it well.  I guess we will see.  Hope your right.

nwahogfan1

Are you confident enough to bet $100+ at Vegas? I think the line in 7 right now.

ChitownHawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on June 08, 2017, 10:23:21 am
We all hope you are right but who really knows.  This is your Razorback dream right now. I like that our new defense allow us to get more speed on the field and be more aggressive but do we in year 1 have the right personal to run it well.  I guess we will see.  Hope your right.

The optimist in me says it sure as heck cannot be worse than last year.  ;)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

ChitownHawg

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 08, 2017, 08:43:10 am

I like this. We catch Auburn feeling full of themselves and get a win. Now we are at 10.  8)
PonderinHog: "My mother gave me a framed cross-stitch picture that reads, "You can tell a Hog fan, but you can't tell him much.  Go Hogs!" It's a blessing and a curse."  :razorback:

Klamath River Hog: " Is your spell check made in India?"

hogcard1964

Quote from: GuvHog on June 08, 2017, 09:59:56 am
8-4 this year wouldn't surprise me at all but with what the Hogs will be losing on both sides of the ball after this season, 10-2 for next year might be a serious stretch.

8-4 and we'll finally be able to say "we had a good season".

I like it.

LZH

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 09, 2017, 07:35:12 am
8-4 and we'll finally be able to say "we had a good season".

I like it.

Or, as some will put it, "we have arrived!"

NuttinItUp

We are going to find a Johnny Manziel diamond-in-the-rough type player (not a QB though) that will propel us to victory beyond the sum of our parts.

redleg

Losses on both sides of the ball? Let's see.....on offense, Arkansas will lose seniors Austin Allen, Frank Ragnow, and Jared Cornelius for sure. As for underclassmen, I do not think there are any that might leave early. On defense, Bijhon Jackson, Henre' Tolliver, DeAndre Coley, and Josh Liddell are seniors (Liddell or Coley might not start). Underclassmen Santos Ramirez, Ryan Pulley, and Randy Ramsey might leave early...but I doubt it.
So that means 8 starters back on offense, and at least 7, maybe 8, starters back on defense. The key position to fill will be QB, of course. Whether it's Ty Storey or Cole Kelley (I think Kelley wins it), the Hog offense will be fine. A second year in Coach Rhoads defense should make them only better.

Plus, the schedule lines up great! Four very winnable non-conference games, a winnable neutral site game vs A&M, two winnable home games versus Vandy, and Ole Miss, and two tough home games vs Alabama,
and LSU, and winnable road games at Auburn, Miss St, and Missouri.

Yes, 10 wins in 2018 in very possible!
:razorback:

moto625

If we make it to 7 wins be happy.

Wildhog

Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Al Boarland

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on June 08, 2017, 08:43:10 am

Looks pretty good, but I think we lose to SCar or MS St.  Possibly both.

longtimeHogfan

Quote from: Hoggish1 on May 31, 2017, 02:37:52 pm
Still saying 10-2

I like this one.  It's year 5.  Nothing less than 10 'W's is acceptable.  Time to fish or cut bait. 
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

JJHog

" Think Right, Do Right"

tophawg19

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 01, 2017, 12:21:48 pm
There could actually be some good that comes out of another poor season like this.
please say it would be that you become the fan of someone else and stop posting
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

hogcard1964

I've noticed a lot of the college football annuals are out now.  It appears we're 4th or 5th in all of them, flip flopping us and A & M, with the obvious consensus being Bama at the top and Ole Miss at the bottom.  Everyone seems to think we're locked in at our usual 7 wins. Anyone seeing anything different?

Al Boarland

That's the general consensus sans hogville.

MultipleScoreGasms

I like CBB, but I got spoiled to more wins in a shorter period of time.  I hope he can pull the nose up on this thing, but he's going to have to show me.  Otherwise, JL has turned our FB program into Pitt 2.0. 

7 wins and "meh" in the BG, until I see something different.

ricepig

redleg

Quote from: hogcard1964 on June 14, 2017, 06:07:16 am
I've noticed a lot of the college football annuals are out now.  It appears we're 4th or 5th in all of them, flip flopping us and A & M, with the obvious consensus being Bama at the top and Ole Miss at the bottom.  Everyone seems to think we're locked in at our usual 7 wins. Anyone seeing anything different?
Has Phil Steele released his college football magazine yet? He's usually very accurate. Lindy's and Athlon are right maybe 50% of the time...which means that almost anyone on Hogville could do as well, too. But Phil Steele puts in a little more research, and is accurate better than 50% of the time. What is he saying for Arkansas?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: redleg on June 14, 2017, 10:26:05 am
Has Phil Steele released his college football magazine yet? He's usually very accurate. Lindy's and Athlon are right maybe 50% of the time...which means that almost anyone on Hogville could do as well, too. But Phil Steele puts in a little more research, and is accurate better than 50% of the time. What is he saying for Arkansas?

There is this. Looks like he is projecting 6-6, I think.

ARKANSAS   7213   OVER   6.0   -110
                         UNDER  6.0   -110

http://philsteele.com/Blogs/2017/JUNE17/DBJune05.html
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

bphi11ips

Or sooner. Lol.  6-6 is the national consensus.  Too many variables at the moment. 
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.