Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

next year

Started by Cavosea1, March 19, 2017, 07:35:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cavosea1

First off,  we should have won that game but the refs GAVE it to unc, but next year we will be even better! It's frustrating to end your season like that but that tells me the future is truly bright!  #wps

HogFaninMemphis

Go Hogs, Go Cardinals, and Go Grizzlies!

onebadrubi

We lose Kingsley.   That's going to hurt along with Hannah's.

Hawg Red

Macon and Barford Co-SEC Players of the Year!

They are going to take this out on college basketball and drive us back to this position next NCAA tournament.

passinghog

Been a while since we've had a backcourt as electric as Macon and Barford. Hope they stay

Cavosea1

We lose hannahs Kingsley n Watkins but bring in a top 15 really recruiting class for the next 3 years.  We got two 6'6 wing players along with a 6'11 center getting 14/14/8 blocks a game in gafford

Knot2brite

Losing Hannahs can be tempered by Macon and Jones and maybe one of the new guys...losing Watkins hustle will hurt but someone will pick it up...losing Kingsley will hurt badly because we don't have a true low post ( although he didn't look it for most of the season) that can play defense like him...Gafford can dunk really well...but he isn't near polished offensively and Thompson isn't a pure low post either...it will be interesting to see how our inside game develops
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

The_Bionic_Pig

Hannah's defense bless his heart was getting blown up by UNC's player's to the point MA had to sit him after several turn overs.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

jbhogfan4

I think we will finish around 3rd or 4th again in the SEC next year, with another trip to the NCAA tourney. Losing Moses and Manny will hurt us more so than the loss of dusty. That isn't a knock on Dusty. He's been big for us. It's just a testament to what Manny means to this team as a leader and Moses presence in the post will be difficult to replace. Trey isn't near the offensive or defensive threat Moses is and Gafford will be a solid defensive presence but I think will have a year of growing pain on the offensive end next year. I see him as getting most of his points from cleaning up off the glass and easy put backs

maxhog5

Still need a point guard.

HamIAm

One thing about it, they aren't going to send us back to the east coast again thinking we will be cannon fodder for UNC.

sickboy

Quote from: jbhogfan4 on March 19, 2017, 08:12:10 pm
I think we will finish around 3rd or 4th again in the SEC next year, with another trip to the NCAA tourney. Losing Moses and Manny will hurt us more so than the loss of dusty. That isn't a knock on Dusty. He's been big for us. It's just a testament to what Manny means to this team as a leader and Moses presence in the post will be difficult to replace. Trey isn't near the offensive or defensive threat Moses is and Gafford will be a solid defensive presence but I think will have a year of growing pain on the offensive end next year. I see him as getting most of his points from cleaning up off the glass and easy put backs

This sounds about right to me. I also think you're forgetting about Trey Thompson. I think he can step his game up and help fill Kingsley's loss. And if Thomas can get things figured out -- he could be an amazing player.

passinghog

If Barford and Macon can learn to play off of each other better, they're going to dominate other guards next season. Don't really need a true pg if you have a true 2 guard front. They can make it happen. Jaylen works more on his jumper, Macon get a little stronger.

Dominicanhog

Quote from: jbhogfan4 on March 19, 2017, 08:12:10 pm

Agree.. IMO, scoring and leadership comes from the 3 back court positions, we'll be much improved and more athletic on defense... Gafford will be asked to not foul out, protect the rim and rebound, he won't have the luxury Moses had as a freshman... the 4 is still the question and that's where Bailey could find time..

RaisinHog

I think Gafford will be a collie - Stein kind of guy he has a really high.moater and is athletic should be able to give us ,10 pts from just running the floor and put backs .. he will prolly have to learn to play defense without fouling

WorfHog

Quote from: RaisinHog on March 19, 2017, 08:25:53 pm
I think Gafford will be a collie - Stein kind of guy he has a really high.moater and is athletic should be able to give us ,10 pts from just running the floor and put backs .. he will prolly have to learn to play defense without fouling

Gotta learn to make buds with the refs.

ThisTeetsTaken

Going to be tough to get back to NCAAT next year especially if Macon and/or Barford leave.
***"He must increase, but I must decrease"***

WorfHog

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on March 19, 2017, 08:47:04 pm
Going to be tough to get back to NCAAT next year especially if Macon and/or Barford leave.

The juco guys aren't going anywhere.

Corkscrew Johnson

Macon started looking like a genuine talent at the end of the year.  His defense really picked up.  He started getting to the rim.  Smooth, lightning quick, elusive. He's gonna be electric next year.

ThisTeetsTaken

ShadowHawg

Rawker

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 14, 2017, 09:02:36 pm
Throw a party. You were hoping for it.

So true.  There are so many just HOPING for something bad to happen.

TheRazorback500

Quote from: WorfHog on March 19, 2017, 08:37:22 pm
Gotta learn to make buds with the refs.
You can say that again. It wouldn't hurt to find some in the NCAA selection committee, also.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

ThisTeetsTaken

Quote from: ShadowHawg on April 14, 2017, 09:02:36 pm
Throw a party. You were hoping for it.
Quote from: Rawker on April 15, 2017, 02:25:41 am
So true.  There are so many just HOPING for something bad to happen.
I wasn't hoping for anything.  I was commenting on our chances of making the tourney next year and the factors affecting them.  And like I said it will be tougher without Macon.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: ThisTeetsTaken on April 15, 2017, 11:27:06 am
I wasn't hoping for anything.  I was commenting on our chances of making the tourney next year and the factors affecting them.  And like I said it will be tougher without Macon.

Still think we make the tournament, even without Macon.
Hogs up! Covid down!