Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OK Court rules Joe Mixon's "punch video" should be released to public

Started by jbcarol, February 23, 2016, 10:24:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

Phil Cross
‏@philsnews

The Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals rules the Joe Mixon punch video IS a public record and SHOULD be released.

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Some reporters have seen the Joe Mixon punch video, and it sounds as bad as [you] thinks

QuoteIn 2014, Oklahoma suspended five-star freshman running back Joe Mixon for the season after he punched a woman. Nearly two full seasons and 11 touchdowns later, he spoke to the media for the first time, saying basically nothing.

There's a surveillance video of the incident. Since 2014, it's been unseen. Monday, the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals further complicated the local legal mess. The court ruled that a prior dismissal of a lawsuit to make the video public was in error, and ...

After a brief discussion, Mixon looks as if he's going to walk away, but looks like he says something as he turns. Molitor then pushes Mixon, setting off a quick series of events that were over in three seconds. Mixon reacts to the push by lunging at Molitor with a closed fist at his side. She reacts by slapping Mixon near where his jaw and neck meet on his left side.

Then the punch.

Mixon lands a devastating right hook that knocks Molitor off her feet. First she hits the table on her left ear, then falls to the ground, where she lays still.

Mixon walks out of the frame toward the front of the restaurant and is not seen again.

After about 35 seconds, Molitor manages to stand up and tries to steady her feet but staggers, eventually sitting down in the chair she stood next to a minute before. Onlookers grab napkins as she holds them up to her face.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Quote from: jbcarol on February 23, 2016, 10:24:16 am
Phil Cross
‏@philsnews

The Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals rules the Joe Mixon punch video IS a public record and SHOULD be released.

Phil Cross ‏@philsnews 19h19 hours ago

Court now saying they don't have a copy of the Mixon tape.  It was played in court and was supposed to be preserved.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/OKCFOX/status/701871277531856897

QuoteOklahoma Court of Civil Appeals has ruled that a video of a University of Oklahoma football player punching a woman is public record.

The court ruled Feb. 22 that a trial court erred in dismissing an Oklahoma Associated of Broadcasters petition for release of a July 2014 surveillance video of OU running back Joe Mixon punching a woman.

Cleveland County judge tossed the initial petition saying that Mixon was never "under arrest". The case then went to appeals court, which ruled a hearing should be held on the right of the public to view the video. The court stated that a copy of the video should be available at the Cleveland County Court Clerk's Office.

After attempts to receive a copy of the video, FOX 25 was told by City of Norman Assistant City Attorney Rick Knighton that a copy of the video exists in the litigation file at the city attorney's office but will not be released until further court order.

https://twitter.com/philsnews/status/701863250149957634

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: jbcarol on February 23, 2016, 10:28:05 am
Phil Cross ‏@philsnews 19h19 hours ago

Court now saying they don't have a copy of the Mixon tape.  It was played in court and was supposed to be preserved.

Amazing.  The Court's copy of the tape just disappeared...right at the time it's suppose to be made public ???   Wonder if they checked in the back of those....."Boomer Sooner Wagons"   ;)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Hambunctious

He should have just continued walking away. I watched a video of a reporter who went through what she was shown in the punch video step by step, The apparently intoxicated woman motioned for him to come over, she stood up, said something to him, and he turned to walk away (appearing like he said something as he was walking away) she then pushed him, and he bowed up.  At that point she hit him along his jaw, and neck. After that was when he punched her knocking her to the floor.

The female laid hands on Mixon twice before he hit her.  That's clear battery on both parties. If that's how it's defined in OK.  There's no sound in the video the reporters were shown, so there's no telling what was said.  It never should have happened though, he should have ignored her, but we can't know whether she would have let him walk away without further incident.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

jbcarol

News 9 ‏@NEWS9 2 hours ago

Judge Orders Joe Mixon Video To Remain In Custody Of City Of Norman To Be Preserved http://bit.ly/1LfDEoV  #News9

jbcarol

jbcarol

HOGINTENNESSEE

grayhawg

Hogarusa

Awful video. Friday afternoon news dump, surprised they didnt wait until the 23rd. Amazed you could do that any human, male or female, and just casually walk away. Poor by Stoops to keep him on roster.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

jbcarol

Potosihog

jbcarol

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/Michael_Carvell/status/856177731595370496

Quote"I'm thankful Mia and I were able to talk privately," Mixon said in a statement obtained by NFL Network's Mike Garafolo. "I was able to apologize to her one-on-one. The way I reacted that night, that's not me. That's not the way I was raised. I think she understands that. Talking together helps move us past what happened.

"I know I have to keep working to be a better person, and this is another step in that direction. I love working with kids, and I'm looking forward to more chances to do that kind of work. I want to lead a life that inspires them, and I hope I can lead by example from today forward."

A video of Mixon punching Molitor during the incident surfaced in December and has drastically altered his stock in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Mixon has had private meeting with the Cincinnati Bengals, Cleveland Browns, Denver  Broncos, Detroit Lions, Green Bay Packers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Los Angeles Chargers and New Orleans Saints, according to WalterFootball.

jbcarol

jbcarol