Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kiel Pollard

Started by hawgdavis, December 04, 2015, 09:19:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgdavis

Watching Colquit County VS Mill Creek. Pollard is a beast 2 TDs 141 yards. One TD for 12 yrds , 1 for 73 where he blew up a tackler and housed it. Big with speed 6'2 228 also a tremendous verticle. Mill Creek has the top rated D in the state.
Colquit leads 42-31 winner plays for the state title at the GA dome next week.

hawgdavis

Need to look at their QB as well he is 19/23 for 441 yrds

whosiskid

Is Pollard a WR or a TE? Really hefty kid to be a WR, though I hope that is what he is.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

regi

He is not fat. Really well put together kid. Looks like a LB, but has shown some real athleticism for a kid his size at WR tonight.

redeye

greenie

hawgdavis

Kiel just interviewed on GPB post game show. Very well spoken very smooth. Was hoping for a WPS. Hope we get him signed. Also named player of the game and play of the game.

regi

For like the 20th year in a row, Georgia 6A Championship will come down to Atlanta Suburban School vs South Georgia School. Roswell vs Colquitt Co.

hawgdavis

Should be a good game. I might have to go catch the games at the Dome this year. Dont know if Colquit can be slowed down though.

regi

I would lean toward CC as well, but Roswell has a good looking Physical team that beat us 69-7. Will be great offense vs great defense.

presidenthog

Quote from: redeye on December 04, 2015, 09:48:29 pm
He made a great catch tonight!

https://twitter.com/RecruitGeorgia/status/672968498826481665
I love the concentration. even though it was a really tough catch I would have been more impressed if he hadn't bobbled it but I was still very impressed with him staying concentrated and not giving up on the catch.

hawgdavis

Quote from: regi on December 04, 2015, 10:22:59 pm
I would lean toward CC as well, but Roswell has a good looking Physical team that beat us 69-7. Will be great offense vs great defense.

Where do you live. Seems like a lot of Hogs near Atl.

regi

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 04, 2015, 10:29:45 pm

Bridgmill, Cherokee Co

whosiskid

That is an absolutely astonishing catch.The concentration is amazing.

I didn't mean to imply that he was fat. All I meant by "hefty" is that he is a bit bigger than you expect for a wide receiver. As long as he has the speed, the extra weight is to his advantage.
"It's no trick to make a lot of money...if all you want...is to make a lot of money." - Bernstein, in Citizen Kane

"What if you were given the task of entertaining yourself all day but were finished by noon?" - Kierkegaard

"The disposition to admire, and almost to worship, the rich and the powerful, and to despise, or, at least, to neglect, persons of poor and mean condition [is] the great and most universal cause of the corruption of our moral sentiments." - Adam Smith

"That's libertarians for you - anarchists who want police protection from their slaves." - Kim Stanley Robinson

whosiskid

Quote from: hawgdavis on December 04, 2015, 10:29:45 pm

I moved from Atlanta (actually, Sandy Springs) to Little Rock in July. I met a fair number of people who knew Razorback fans. I lived directly across the street from the entrance to the Chattahoochee National Recreation Area Island Ford entrance, and every single day I would take my German Shepherd Lion (see the photo to the left) hiking there. I almost always wore my Razorback cap and people would ask me about being a Hog fan. I even had one guy stop me and ask, "Do you know who David Dickey is?" I told him I did indeed (younger fans might not know who he was, but he was a wingback - the equivalent to a slot receiver today, only they carried the ball a lot more, mainly on end arounds - and I think still holds the Razorback record for most TDs scored in a single game, with 6).

It seems that most of the kids we are looking at are from the immediate area where I lived and worked. We look at a lot of Alpharetta kids, and kids from surrounding towns in the northern part of Fulton County. That is understandable. Coaches can fly in, take a quick drive up to the northern towns, visit the schools, and then drive back to the airport. Going to other parts of the state would probably not be as efficient. If they are flying the school jet they might be landing at a smaller airport.

presidenthog

does Pollard ever line up on defense? as LB or something? does he look like he would have good hips and lateral movement? I'm pretty sure that's what we are looking at him for.

Laughing Hog

Quote from: regi on December 04, 2015, 10:55:41 pm
Bridgmill, Cherokee Co

Good subdivision, ginormous subdivison, but a lot to offer in that area. I'm in East Cobb.
"Gun control laws are, in effect, a set of occupational safety laws for criminals – They are the OSHA regulations for burglars, muggers, carjackers and other criminal scum" "The 2nd Amendment violates a criminal's right to a safe work environment."<br /><br />Speed Kills and Speed wins, especially in the SEC<br />3*'s DON'T BEAT 5*'s<br /><br />"They" really should bring back halter tops (like puppies in a gunny sack)<br /><br />Marriage is like a tornado. It starts with a lot of sucking and blowing, shaking and howling. When it's over someone loses a house!

scruf

Quote from: presidenthog on December 04, 2015, 10:24:25 pm
I love the concentration. even though it was a really tough catch I would have been more impressed if he hadn't bobbled it but I was still very impressed with him staying concentrated and not giving up on the catch.
He didn't bobble it, #36 got his left hand on it and would have gotten his 9th PBU of the year if Pollard wouldn't have made such a sensational catch. The defender is SO Jonathan Gipson, a 6'0", 180lb CB who is 4th on the team in solo tackles, 2nd in passes defended and 2nd in interceptions for the state's top rated defense. He's going to be a highly sought-after recruit moving forward. Also, Kiel is not going to play LB. He is very similar in build Hog FR WR Lamichael Pettway. I'm really excited about having this young man join the Hogs.

cubsfan5150

I watched Roswell play Lowndes to begin the season and if they beat CC, it'll be an upset.
QuoteWest Side Rooter wrote:

Always best to talk [expletive] about a team when you don't have to face them again.

I'd do the same. LaRussa's a nutjob and would probably throw at his head.
ETA: A bottle of wine, not a baseball.
ETA: Empty bottle, obviously.

Rzback

CBB needs to build a pipeline to Colquitt County, GA. Their coach has built a self regenerating monster there.
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%

HogimusMaximus

Quote from: presidenthog on December 05, 2015, 12:17:14 am
does Pollard ever line up on defense? as LB or something? does he look like he would have good hips and lateral movement? I'm pretty sure that's what we are looking at him for.

Hips look a little tight to be a safety, but maybe a LB.  Not sure.

IBleedRazorbackRed

Everything I've seen on this kid, is that they want him to start out at lb.

Hoggish1

Quote from: whosiskid on December 04, 2015, 09:32:39 pm
Is Pollard a WR or a TE? Really hefty kid to be a WR, though I hope that is what he is.

We need hefty kids to be wide receivers, for a change, provided they can run.

Hoggish1

Quote from: whosiskid on December 04, 2015, 11:41:24 pm
That is an absolutely astonishing catch.The concentration is amazing.

I didn't mean to imply that he was fat. All I meant by "hefty" is that he is a bit bigger than you expect for a wide receiver. As long as he has the speed, the extra weight is to his advantage.

Bingo.

presidenthog

Quote from: scruf on December 05, 2015, 05:09:56 am
He didn't bobble it, #36 got his left hand on it and would have gotten his 9th PBU of the year if Pollard wouldn't have made such a sensational catch. The defender is SO Jonathan Gipson, a 6'0", 180lb CB who is 4th on the team in solo tackles, 2nd in passes defended and 2nd in interceptions for the state's top rated defense. He's going to be a highly sought-after recruit moving forward. Also, Kiel is not going to play LB. He is very similar in build Hog FR WR Lamichael Pettway. I'm really excited about having this young man join the Hogs.
my phone wasn't being very cool about the video and wouldn't let me go full screen for some reason when I watched it the first time. I couldn't see the hand. well great concentration anyways.

ricepig

Quote from: Rzback on December 05, 2015, 06:35:04 am
CBB needs to build a pipeline to Colquitt County, GA. Their coach has built a self regenerating monster there.

This guy?? He's a dandy, hopefully his cut wasn't too bad.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/high-school-coach-rage-causes-head-gash/

Birminghog

Quote from: ricepig on December 05, 2015, 09:44:58 am
This guy?? He's a dandy, hopefully his cut wasn't too bad.

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/high-school-coach-rage-causes-head-gash/

Good coach, but a POS unless he's changed his ways. Numerous stories of when he was in Hoover.

presidenthog

Quote from: Birminghog on December 05, 2015, 09:52:51 am
Good coach, but a POS unless he's changed his ways. Numerous stories of when he was in Hoover.
Wasn't he the guy who had a second family that no one knew about?

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: presidenthog on December 05, 2015, 10:14:24 am
Wasn't he the guy who had a second family that no one knew about?
that's him.

On Kiel- Kid is a BEAST. Could see him at TE, RB, or WR. Hell, he'd make a nasty fullback. He's just a talent. Those hands are special. He definitely moves around like a RB.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

RedyorNot

This class is setting up to be a very special. With Gus and Les being on the hot seat and Saban potentially giving the NFL another shot if Finebaum is correct, the next few years is our time to strike to win the SECW an get to ATL.

redeye

There's a thread on Georgia pay boards showing a lot of admiration for Pollard's performance last night.  Several mentioned how they wish Georgia was recruiting him and one even said he was better then some 5* receiver.

I'd link, but I think that's against the rules.

Rzback

December 05, 2015, 09:22:51 pm #31 Last Edit: December 06, 2015, 07:02:13 am by Rzback
 :razorback:
Winning Percentages (how times have changed!) Frank Broyles 71%  Lou Holtz  74%  Ken Hatfield 76%  Jack Crowe 38%  Joe Kines 35%  Danny Ford 47% Houston Nutt 61%  Bobby Petrino 67%  John L Smith  33%  Bret Bielema 46%  Chad Morris 14%  Sam Pittman 52%