Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BIG CAT IS BACK IN ACTION

Started by userpick, November 30, 2017, 09:22:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

EastexHawg

The guy who closed the show on PGA Tour Radio's second round coverage ended with "Tiger made the cut and who knows?"

I know he's not going to beat John Rahm by 10 shots.

cosmodrum

Quote from: EastexHawg on January 26, 2018, 06:59:22 pm
The guy who closed the show on PGA Tour Radio's second round coverage ended with "Tiger made the cut and who knows?"

I know he's not going to beat John Rahm by 10 shots.

I think you might be his biggest fanboy.
Go away, batin'

onebadrubi

Can garrigus do it from tied 14th?

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 27, 2018, 10:09:06 am
Can garrigus do it from tied 14th?

If he does, J'Rabb will shart his britches!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2018, 10:19:39 am
If he does, J'Rabb will shart his britches!

No need to buy Charmin stock
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Hawgndaaz

Read this morning that JB took over 4 minutes to hit a shot last night in the playoff.

the other players have GOT to call this dude out.

onebadrubi

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 29, 2018, 08:12:49 am
FWIW: This happened on the 18th hole of the last round, not the playoff, but the point is exceptionally valid.  Holmes' actions were not considerate of his playing partners - both of whom were still in the hunt as well.  Holmes needed to make eagle on the par 5 and waited a long time for the wind to settle apparently.  Either the wind never did settle of Holmes never felt comfortable with the shot because he eventually decided to lay up. 

Very inconsiderate of Palmer (who still need to get close and post a birdie - which he did) and Noren who could have won with a birdie but had already flew the green with his second IIRC.  Noren was facing an unknown situation which he had to wait during the time Holmes took before checking it out.   

Add to this, he needed eagle to get to -10, which had day in the club house at -10.  Birdie was useless to him.  He either needed to grab an iron and lay up or go for it with the 3 wood/5 wood.  When he waited the 4 minutes then to discuss and talk to his caddie THEN lay up, he said F u playing partners, this is about me... So watch me hit a crappy shot and put it in the thick rough just short of the water. I was hoping he would duff it in the water after that, but he did not. 

I got to believe that instance will draw more attention to his antics and possibly get some grumblings within the clubhouse about his playing sppeed, or lack of.

kingofdequeen

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 29, 2018, 08:10:16 pm
Add to this, he needed eagle to get to -10, which had day in the club house at -10.  Birdie was useless to him.  He either needed to grab an iron and lay up or go for it with the 3 wood/5 wood.  When he waited the 4 minutes then to discuss and talk to his caddie THEN lay up, he said F u playing partners, this is about me... So watch me hit a crappy shot and put it in the thick rough just short of the water. I was hoping he would duff it in the water after that, but he did not. 

I got to believe that instance will draw more attention to his antics and possibly get some grumblings within the clubhouse about his playing sppeed, or lack of.

it was a shot for 600 large.   he deserved to be able to take a few minutes.   This wasn't a wednesday night 3 man shamble.

hawgon

Quote from: kingofdequeen on January 31, 2018, 10:07:33 am
it was a shot for 600 large.   he deserved to be able to take a few minutes.   This wasn't a wednesday night 3 man shamble.

No, not at all. 

EastexHawg

Was he hoping the water was going to magically disappear?  He was like the guy playing blackjack who has a 7 and a 4 against the dealer's 6.  If he bet $5 he doesn't hesitate, the only play is to double down.  But what if he bet $300? 

It doesn't matter, the play is still to double down.  Sitting and thinking about the situation for a long time doesn't change the circumstances or what needs to be done.

Either the lie, wind, distance, and his ability to execute the shot indicated lay up or they didn't.  Waiting a long time wasn't going to make any of those factors any different.

onebadrubi

So hogs down by 4 5 seconds left on clock calls a timeout from the 20 yard line, they come out to kick a field goal, you're all good????

By the way, his decision profited him $30,000 over tieing kegan if he made a par and if he both he  would made about $60k less.  I'm going for it which lost him a shot at $600,000 or 1.2 mil.

If he needed par to make a cut or get a tour card, lay up every time.  Not in his predicament.   He's a [CENSORED] and viewed by his peers as one 

Dillar Dog

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 31, 2018, 07:38:35 pm
So hogs down by 4 5 seconds left on clock calls a timeout from the 20 yard line, they come out to kick a field goal, you're all good????

This makes zero sense compared to his situation.

Zero.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on January 31, 2018, 10:31:26 pm

This makes zero sense compared to his situation.

Zero.

No it doesn't, it makes perfect sense. 

Dillar Dog

Really?  Do they get 2 tries to make those 4 points?

Because that would be a neat trick.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 01, 2018, 12:25:31 am
Really?  Do they get 2 tries to make those 4 points?

Because that would be a neat trick.

The kickoff onside kick could be returned... sure

GolfNut57

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 01, 2018, 07:32:25 am
The kickoff onside kick could be returned... sure

Kicking a FG with 5 secs left likely uses up the rest of the game clock. It isn't like the PAT where it is a dead clock situation. Just saying....
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 01, 2018, 10:09:05 am
Kicking a FG with 5 secs left likely uses up the rest of the game clock. It isn't like the PAT where it is a dead clock situation. Just saying....

That and the fact that you can't advance an onside kick.

onebadrubi

Quote from: GolfNut57 on February 01, 2018, 10:09:05 am

Ok say 12-15 seconds, still the point exist. 

Dillar Dog

Still makes no sense.

You do realize he laid up because he thought he could pitch it in right?  Please tell me you realize this.

hawgon

Laying up was probably the right call but it shouldn't  take over four minutes to figure that out.  He knew just by the distance that he needed a three wood to get there.  He knew that coming in that hot on that green would leave a difficult chip.  For a normal person who has the skill and expertise of a professional golfer, that is about a 30 second thought process IF you don't already have it figured out on the walk to the ball.

ricepig

Talking heads on GC said you have :50 to hit your shot if you are up first, those next to hit have :40.

EastexHawg

This reminds me of another situation that drives me nuts.  Let's say Arizona is down by 11 to USC with 1:09 to go.  Everyone watching on TV and in the stadium, including the coach, knows that if they score a TD they have to go for two to get within a field goal.

They score the TD...and on the sideline a frantic discussion takes place.  The QB keeps looking to the coach, waiting for the play call.  Sometimes a timeout is even called to further discuss.

Why?

If you know you are going to go for two if you score, why hasn't the play call been decided before the TD?  Why wasn't it decided before the possession even started?  Does the fact that the situation is important change what needs to be done, or require more time to make or announce the decision?  What changes or makes the outcome any more likely to be successful if you wait a while to act?

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 01, 2018, 10:54:30 am
Still makes no sense.

You do realize he laid up because he thought he could pitch it in right?  Please tell me you realize this.

Odds of making eagle hitting two from fairway at 230 out is TREMENDOUSKY higher than pitching in from "your number".   Please tell me know that....   

It makes sense, you just don't like it. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: EastexHawg on February 01, 2018, 02:16:17 pm
This reminds me of another situation that drives me nuts.  Let's say Arizona is down by 11 to USC with 1:09 to go.  Everyone watching on TV and in the stadium, including the coach, knows that if they score a TD they have to go for two to get within a field goal.

They score the TD...and on the sideline a frantic discussion takes place.  The QB keeps looking to the coach, waiting for the play call.  Sometimes a timeout is even called to further discuss.

Why?

If you know you are going to go for two if you score, why hasn't the play call been decided before the TD?  Why wasn't it decided before the possession even started?  Does the fact that the situation is important change what needs to be done, or require more time to make or announce the decision?  What changes or makes the outcome any more likely to be successful if you wait a while to act?

Clock usages in major sports are often a disaster.  Just look to NFL playoffs all the mismanaged instances.    Also didn't an Iowa coach just last year kick a FG down by 8 with under a minute to go?  It amazes me... but just like I think our basketball coach is also guilty of, situations get to big at times and checks and balances are not in place to assist in split second timing

Dillar Dog

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 01, 2018, 02:30:59 pm
Odds of making eagle hitting two from fairway at 230 out is TREMENDOUSKY higher than pitching in from "your number".   Please tell me know that....   

It makes sense, you just don't like it. 

That absolutely does not matter.

Do you believe he didn't know the odds?  Because you wouldn't do it doesn't make it the right play. 

And get your own material.

kingofdequeen

it's 4 minutes people.  4.   

240 seconds.   you guys are acting like he stopped to go take a darn.

a hot pocket takes longer.

onebadrubi

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 01, 2018, 04:47:28 pm
it's 4 minutes people.  4.   

240 seconds.   you guys are acting like he stopped to go take a darn.

a hot pocket takes longer.

It never was a gentleman gane anyways.  It's just a disappointment to see a guy playing for second when 3rd doesn't change their livelihood one bit.  Defeatist attitude. 

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 01, 2018, 02:45:53 pm
That absolutely does not matter.

Do you believe he didn't know the odds?  Because you wouldn't do it doesn't make it the right play. 

And get your own material.

Yeah, said no golfer ever.  Odds don't matter... 

Dillar Dog

I get it.  I really do.

Any one of us would've hit on the green in 2.  He doesn't know as much about odds and he isn't as good as us.

I see the light now.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 01, 2018, 06:01:18 pm
I get it.  I really do.

Any one of us would've hit on the green in 2.  He doesn't know as much about odds and he isn't as good as us.

I see the light now.

I love how you just bow down since he's on the tour.  It's telling how you think they don't make mistakes. 

Dillar Dog

No, I just think you believe you know better than him in the situation that he's in and you're being a Monday morning quarterback from your couch.

We know.  You would've hit it on from that distance in that wind.

But you keep on keepin on, playa.

ricepig

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 01, 2018, 06:14:29 pm
No, I just think you believe you know better than him in the situation that he's in and you're being a Monday morning quarterback from your couch.

Dude, we would have driven the green from the tee, get real.......

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 01, 2018, 06:14:29 pm

Yeah playa, you know so well, seeing how I never said any of that.  But you keep playing devils advocate because it make you feel in the know, yet your line of thinking is not verybwidespread. 

Dillar Dog

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2018, 06:57:45 pm
Dude, we would have driven the green from the tee, get real.......

Not us, just onebadrubi.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 01, 2018, 07:35:26 pm
Not us, just onebadrubi.

It must be boring going through life playing for second and always settling. 

Dillar Dog

Probably not as much fun as knowing better than everyone after the fact.

Can't wait for your Monday superbowl what they should've done breakdown.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Dillar Dog on February 01, 2018, 07:46:34 pm
Probably not as much fun as knowing better than everyone after the fact.

Can't wait for your Monday superbowl what they should've done breakdown.

You are so lost in this topic and it's easier for you to put someone down than discuss the actual substance. 

Yes mmqb the Super Bowl, roughly a billion dollar industry and biggest sporting event of the year.  Hottest topic of the day in the world baring a world issue.  I won't support a team down by 4-8 points kicking a FG with little to no time left on the clock.   enjoy your loser attitude. 

Dillar Dog

But what about the 2 shot 4 point field goal?

And who can forget the kicking team recovering an onside kick and running it in for a touchdown?

I hope one of the teams have a chance to do that. 

kingofdequeen

lol dillar you don't know darn WTH you ever done caddie in the Open or something?

how the hell you know what goes on between the ropes???

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 02, 2018, 12:38:00 pm
lol dillar you don't know darn WTH you ever done caddie in the Open or something?

I think he was responsible for sinking the SS Minnow a few years back.  So he's got that going for him.......which is nice.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

Dillar Dog

Quote from: kingofdequeen on February 02, 2018, 12:38:00 pm

That really has nothing to do with his bad analogy

Dillar Dog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on February 02, 2018, 12:53:17 pm
I think he was responsible for sinking the SS Minnow a few years back.  So he's got that going for him.......which is nice.

I don't build boats

Wildhog

Thread really should have ended right here.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Pulled(PP)pork

simmer down, boys!

Pulled missed....

kingofdequeen

who'd a thunk he would win and make the RC team in '18?

GolfNut57

Quote from: kingofdequeen on October 26, 2018, 09:09:22 am
who'd a thunk he would win and make the RC team in '18?

And then stunk it up like week old maggot infested roadkill. And Mickelson wan't any better. Neither one had any business being there.
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.