Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Not a "good look" for the Razorbacks?

Started by Martygit, September 21, 2017, 10:47:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Luke STYwalker

Not sure how this looks negatively on Arkansas.   This kid is solid to A&M and wanted free tickets to the game.  BS, on his part.  Why should we have given in to his demands?  ridiculous.

widespreadsooie

Quote from: Luke STYwalker on September 21, 2017, 10:55:07 am
Not sure how this looks negatively on Arkansas.   This kid is solid to A&M and wanted free tickets to the game.  BS, on his part.  Why should we have given in to his demands?  ridiculous.

Seriously. Kick rocks kid.

HotlantaHog

Let him buy a ticket if he wants to go. No reason Arkansas should host him.

cram224

Quote from: HotlantaHog on September 21, 2017, 11:01:04 am
Let him buy a ticket if he wants to go. No reason Arkansas should host him.
Amen

RazorPiggie

Dude was never coming to Arkansas. Just wanted a free ticket.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Gonzo

Who knows what the conversation was up to that point? From what I saw in the article, don't see much reason to be upset with anyone. Kid apparently indicated he'd like to go the game, Hogs gave him an option to do so, he declined that option, no big deal. Without more context, looks like much ado about nothing to me.

Go Hogs!

trippigs

weak topic...trying to make something out of nothing....it is contagious these days.

KlubhouseKonnected

September 21, 2017, 11:22:40 am #10 Last Edit: September 21, 2017, 12:49:10 pm by KlubhouseKonnected
So, refusing to let some punk kid get over on you is an "awkward look"???

Nah, that was not an failed attempt to get him to decommit it was a successful attempt to tell him to go pound sand
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

PorkRinds

The Hawg Marshal

Just as it should be done. Wanted a free ticket on our dime to see his Aggies play. He can buy his own ticket.

(notOM)Rebel123

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on September 21, 2017, 11:26:09 am
Just as it should be done. Wanted a free ticket on our dime to see his Aggies play. He can buy his own ticket.

Exactly.
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

The NewEra

I fail to see why Paul Harvey, the journalist, thinks Arkansas should provide tickets to a solid aTm commit.  Then you read the tweets at the bottom and another mental midget thinks Bush, the UA official shouldn't have spoken with the recruit that way.  LOL

Wow, what has this world come to?

DeltaBoy

Nothing to see here . Gee Whiz the Media desperate to stir the pot.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Stupid Aggies.  Can we beat the ever living #@*& out of them, please? 

Pig Power

Quote from: The NewEra on September 21, 2017, 11:35:53 am
I fail to see why Paul Harvey, the journalist, thinks Arkansas should provide tickets to a solid aTm commit.  Then you read the tweets at the bottom and another mental midget thinks Bush, the UA official shouldn't have spoken with the recruit that way.  LOL

Wow, what has this world come to?
Fake news there

Etowah

That is less newsworthy than Martin losing a dreadlock.

hawgon

The Aggies say that since it is a neutral site game, there has always been an informal agreement where the home team granted the passes for all of the other teams recruits.  That way, neither team suffers any ill recruiting affects from missing a home game.

I don't know if that was the case, but it makes sense if it was.

hobhog

Quote from: DeltaBoy on September 21, 2017, 11:51:49 am
Nothing to see here . Gee Whiz the Media desperate to stir the pot.

Has nothing on MMQB.....

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hawgon on September 21, 2017, 12:51:47 pm
The Aggies say that since it is a neutral site game, there has always been an informal agreement where the home team granted the passes for all of the other teams recruits.  That way, neither team suffers any ill recruiting affects from missing a home game.

I don't know if that was the case, but it makes sense if it was.

So there are unlimited passes? Sounds like something someone would just say

hawgon

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 21, 2017, 12:53:58 pm
So there are unlimited passes? Sounds like something someone would just say

Like I said, I don't know.  But it wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of agreement.  Otherwise, in some years you don't get to have any recruits at all come to the game.

I guess now we know . . . the rest of the story.

Screw that kid too.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hawgon on September 21, 2017, 12:55:47 pm
Like I said, I don't know.  But it wouldn't surprise me if there was some sort of agreement.  Otherwise, in some years you don't get to have any recruits at all come to the game.

But isn't that just like it would be if we played it home and home? That agreement would make little sense for Arkansas in light of why we play there in the first place.

Not trying to argue btw just discuss

Sivad

Quote from: trippigs on September 21, 2017, 11:20:50 am
weak topic...trying to make something out of nothing....
No kidding. Arkansas handled it perfectly.

Redhogs

Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

Tusks

Bush could of worded it a little different but that's just manufactured butt hurt by someone thinking they're entitled to whatever they ask for.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Redhogs

Quote from: Sivad on September 21, 2017, 01:03:40 pm
No kidding. Arkansas handled it perfectly.
Agree..let A&M find him a ticket...they are the ones he is committed to.
Will I live long enough to see us win again? Will any of us?

KennyForAD

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 21, 2017, 11:22:40 am
So, refusing to let some punk kid get over on you is an "awkward look"???

Nah, that was not an failed attempt to get him to decommit it was a successful attempt to tell him to go pound sand

This, that you wrote, that's a terrible attitude for recruiting.  Just because the kid de-committed?  Committed elsewhere?  WAKE UP!  Thats what they do. Always have. Always will.   Nothing new.  Commitments mean NOTHIN.  Signing means EVERYTHING. 

Barry Switzer would never do this.  No good recruiter would.  Never.   You want a kid, you love him, love him, love him, till he signs.  What is this INSANITY- acting like a jilted lover instead of a recruiter!?  AYSM?  WTH?     I didn't know why BB was failing, but I do now! If this is how he recruits, he has
a crippling ego problem - one the size of Texas. 

jgphillips3

If a kid is a die hard commit to another school, why do you want him on your sideline?  I understand if he wasn't yet committed giving him a ticket, but as it is you don't need a kid on our sideline cheering when they score on us.

Justifiable Hogicide

I'm glad Arkansas didn't send the freeloader a ticket.
It's a "good look" and was the right response.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Justifiable Hogicide on September 21, 2017, 01:16:37 pm
I'm glad Arkansas didn't send the freeloader a ticket.
It's a "good look" and was the right response.

You are as insane as they are!  Refusing to recruit a player because he's committed elsewhere and might be using you?   If you think that makes sense, you don't know what recruiting IS.

What's next?  Maybe we should refuse to take possession after our opponent fumbles.  Taking advantage of their misfortune?  Shameful

younghog

EXACTLY.

Move along..
GO HOGS

The_Iceman

Thank you Daniel Bush for standing up to this punk kid wanting free tickets at Arkansas' expense. And once he got caught, the kid whined and acted like a victim, which isn't surprising since that seems to be the goal these days.

rzrbackramsfan

KennyForAD

If you've been wondering why BB isn't winning more... Here's your answer:  While serious programs are bending and breaking recruiting rules, we are going the other direction and making up new rules and imposing them on OURSELVES.

I cannot believe this.  Total shock.  But at least now I know.  I like BB, wanted him to win, and couldn't get why he can't.  Now I know:  If this story is true, he is CRAZY.

The_Iceman

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 01:35:11 pm
If you've been wondering why BB isn't winning more... Here's your answer:  While serious programs are bending and breaking recruiting rules, we are going the other direction and making up new rules and imposing them on OURSELVES.

I cannot believe this.  Total shock.  But at least now I know.  I like BB, wanted him to win, and couldn't get why he can't.  Now I know:  If this story is true, he is CRAZY.

You are so ignorant it's hilarious. Your hatred for Bielema makes you look like a dumbarse.

PorkRinds

If you're not trolling, it's you that's crazy.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Dude.  You, that stupid Aggie commit, and that ridiculous blogger are the only ones who are crazy.

Daniel Bush got his start under Saban-- the dude knows what to do.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 01:11:46 pm
This, that you wrote, that's a terrible attitude for recruiting.  Just because the kid de-committed?  Committed elsewhere?  WAKE UP!  Thats what they do. Always have. Always will.   Nothing new.  Commitments mean NOTHIN.  Signing means EVERYTHING. 

Barry Switzer would never do this.  No good recruiter would.  Never.   You want a kid, you love him, love him, love him, till he signs.  What is this INSANITY- acting like a jilted lover instead of a recruiter!?  AYSM?  WTH?     I didn't know why BB was failing, but I do now! If this is how he recruits, he has
a crippling ego problem - one the size of Texas. 

First, neither you nor I know anything about this situation other than a short dumb "article". We don't know anything about what proceeded this exchange. It certainly reads as if it was somebody who made it clear they have no intention of ever really considering coming to Arkansas that all of a sudden calls up talking about how now he is interested coincidentally the same week we play his favorite team. No thanks. Work smarter not harder.

KennyForAD

Quote from: The_Iceman on September 21, 2017, 01:33:39 pm
Thank you Daniel Bush for standing up to this punk kid wanting free tickets at Arkansas' expense. And once he got caught, the kid whined and acted like a victim, which isn't surprising since that seems to be the goal these days.

You'd make a great recruiter... for BB.   Do you prefer to eat dog food instead of steak?  Do you drive slow in the fast lane?  Do you fertilize your garden with your own .. waste?  Are you routinely abducted by aliens?

Other schools get caught paying kids who are committed to other schools.  We just got caught refusing to pick up the phone when one calls US.

How can you people not understand how bad this is?!  This is refusing to do what a coach is supposed to do.  Total incompetence.

ALL THE DOGS ARE DIGGING UNDER THE FENCE, EXCEPT OURS.  HE'S DIGGING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YARD BECAUSE HE JUST DOESN'T GET IT

The_Iceman

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 01:44:12 pm
You'd make a great recruiter... for BB.   Do you prefer to eat dog food instead of steak?  Do you drive slow in the fast lane?  Do you fertilize your garden with your own .. waste?  Are you routinely abducted by aliens?

Other schools get caught paying kids who are committed to other schools.  We just got caught refusing to pick up the phone when one calls US.

How can you people not understand how bad this is?!  This is refusing to do what a coach is supposed to do.  Total incompetence.

ALL THE DOGS ARE DIGGING UNDER THE FENCE, EXCEPT OURS.  HE'S DIGGING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE YARD BECAUSE HE JUST DOESN'T GET IT

KennyForAD

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on September 21, 2017, 01:42:05 pm
First, neither you nor I know anything about this situation other than a short dumb "article". We don't know anything about what proceeded this exchange. It certainly reads as if it was somebody who made it clear they have no intention of ever really considering coming to Arkansas that all of a sudden calls up talking about how now he is interested coincidentally the same week we play his favorite team. No thanks. Work smarter not harder.

A direct quote means something!   This is true!  UN Freaking BELIEVABLE, but its true. 

Daniel Bush, Arkansas' Football Director of Personnel, replied and said it would take a decommitment tweet from the player in order to be put on the list.

OUR POLICY:  We turn away recruits who are committed to other schools.  We won't talk to them unless they decommit first.

Stupid is as stupid does and that's as stupid as it gets.  We are 'Stupid U.'

LRHawg

Your article sucked, btw. Troll elsewhere.

KennyForAD

KennyForAD

Quote from: LRHawg on September 21, 2017, 01:53:52 pm
Your article sucked, btw. Troll elsewhere.

Not my article, son.  If you cant handle the truth, dont know what to tell you.  Enjoy the bliss ...

PorkRinds

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 01:53:47 pm
A direct quote means something!   This is true!  UN Freaking BELIEVABLE, but its true. 

Daniel Bush, Arkansas' Football Director of Personnel, replied and said it would take a decommitment tweet from the player in order to be put on the list.

OUR POLICY:  We turn away recruits who are committed to other schools.  We won't talk to them unless they decommit first.

Stupid is as stupid does and that's as stupid as it gets.  We are 'Stupid U.'

That's not our policy.

The_Iceman

Quote from: KennyForAD on September 21, 2017, 01:55:20 pm
If you cant see how bad this is, I cant help u.  Can't fix stupid.

What if a kid is committed to LSU. And we have a certain number of tickets we can give out for that game. And their top recruit can't get tickets so he calls and asks for some. Concerned that it will take away from kids who are ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN ARKANSAS, we say he has to decommit publically first.

Are you actually trying to say that is a bad policy?

KennyForAD

Quote from: PorkRinds on September 21, 2017, 01:58:17 pm
That's not our policy.

Afraid it is, son.  Hard to believe, isnt it?