Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCU poised to surprise this season...

Started by Al Boarland, July 18, 2017, 02:05:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

goodguytex

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on July 18, 2017, 07:59:59 pm
TCU made mistakes too. They were on the verge of getting blown out. Until our cellophane defense showed up.
I got done watching last year's game again yesterday. The defense was playing lights out most of the 1st half. Brooks Ellis even got a pick 6.

Looked to me like in the 2nd half our defense lack of depth, coupled with playing in the Texas heat and humidity, which gets brutal, caused cramping in many players. Ellis had to leave the game and go to the locker room to get an IV at one point. And we weren't exactly loaded with talented depth.

Playing in Fayetteville that shouldn't be as big an issue. But I still think this game could go either way. TCU may be better, but we might be too. Especially on Oline and Defense. At least I hope we will.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: factchecker on July 18, 2017, 10:51:35 pm
There are fans who believe we were lucky to beat Mississippi State last season. A game that we won by 16.  A game where our offense couldn't be stopped was won because of "luck". These are the same fans who claimed we were lucky to beat Ole Miss in 2014 because they had a receiver injured.  30-0 because a receiver was injured.

The realists love to give moral victories and excuses to other teams but hate that "looser" mentality when it comes to the Hogs.

You nailed those bastards...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

King Kong

TCU is a good team with a lot returning. I'm sure they will be motivated as they probably felt the loss to us helped set the tone for an underachieving season

hogcard1964

Is Hill gone?  Wasn't he a senior last season?

MuskogeeHogFan

Go Hogs Go!

nwahogfan1

July 19, 2017, 06:52:26 am #56 Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:02:28 am by nwahogfan1
We will play several average teams this year (ranked between 25-50) that will be close games maybe decided by a big play or a turn over.  If we are going to have a pretty good year winning 7 or more games we need to win  these games.  TCU is one of those games.

secneahog

I was at the tcu game.  We was stomping them till they figured out the holes in our 4-3.  If our defense can do what I believe they should, we will beat tcu again.
We wasn't "lucky" to beat them. They was lucky to get back in the game.

The crowd was out of it, till big plays on our defense started happening. 

People should travel and go to games, and get the real idea, instead of blabbing on HV.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

secneahog

Quote from: goodguytex on July 19, 2017, 02:23:55 am
I got done watching last year's game again yesterday. The defense was playing lights out most of the 1st half. Brooks Ellis even got a pick 6.

Looked to me like in the 2nd half our defense lack of depth, coupled with playing in the Texas heat and humidity, which gets brutal, caused cramping in many players. Ellis had to leave the game and go to the locker room to get an IV at one point. And we weren't exactly loaded with talented depth.

Playing in Fayetteville that shouldn't be as big an issue. But I still think this game could go either way. TCU may be better, but we might be too. Especially on Oline and Defense. At least I hope we will.

The heat wasn't that bad.

It was patterson finding the holes in our defense. 
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on July 19, 2017, 07:13:47 am
I was at the tcu game.  We was stomping them till they figured out the holes in our 4-3.  If our defense can do what I believe they should, we will beat tcu again.
We wasn't "lucky" to beat them. They was lucky to get back in the game.

The crowd was out of it, till big plays on our defense started happening. 

People should travel and go to games, and get the real idea, instead of blabbing on HV.

Offensively, this didn't help. Punch the ball into the EZ for 7 just 2 out of the 3 times (let alone 3 out of 3) and the game never goes to OT, regardless of the Defense. In fact, just convert on the FGA in the 4th and it never goes to OT.

Vs. TCU   
1st Drive, 1st Qtr:      1st and 10 at TCU 22, Incomplete, 2 yd run, Incomplete, we settle for a FG.
Beginning of 2nd Qtr   1st and 10 at TCU 10 yard line, 3 yard run, 2 yard loss on run, Incompletion, we settle for another FG.
Beginning of 4th Qtr   1st and Goal at TCU 2 yard line, run for a 4 yard loss, run for 2 yards, Incomplete, FG attempt is no good.
Points left on the field:    11 to 15
Go Hogs Go!

RME

secneahog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 19, 2017, 07:55:36 am
Offensively, this didn't help. Punch the ball into the EZ for 7 just 2 out of the 3 times (let alone 3 out of 3) and the game never goes to OT, regardless of the Defense. In fact, just convert on the FGA in the 4th and it never goes to OT.

Vs. TCU   
1st Drive, 1st Qtr:      1st and 10 at TCU 22, Incomplete, 2 yd run, Incomplete, we settle for a FG.
Beginning of 2nd Qtr   1st and 10 at TCU 10 yard line, 3 yard run, 2 yard loss on run, Incompletion, we settle for another FG.
Beginning of 4th Qtr   1st and Goal at TCU 2 yard line, run for a 4 yard loss, run for 2 yards, Incomplete, FG attempt is no good.

Well, Patterson will have a good defense in his 3-4. Were not gonna dominate a team like that from start to finish. Not last year anyways with the oline being patched together. 

Big thing was our defense.  Giving hill time in the pocket and finding the open reads. They gained momentum off big plays, we got tired Bc of their system and we played a 4-3.

hawgon

Someone on another board said, "I've seen the wheels fall off the at Razorback games too many times to count.  But the TCU game was the first time in a long time I've seen the team stop the car, get out, put the wheels back on, and drive that rickety mofo out of the stadium."

That is about as apt a description of that game as one could imagine.  It should have lead to some confidence and toughness, but in the end it didn't seem to have much of an effect as that giving up leads seemed to be our style last year.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: secneahog on July 19, 2017, 08:13:19 am

Well, Patterson will have a good defense in his 3-4. Were not gonna dominate a team like that from start to finish. Not last year anyways with the oline being patched together. 

Big thing was our defense.  Giving hill time in the pocket and finding the open reads. They gained momentum off big plays, we got tired Bc of their system and we played a 4-3.

Regardless of all that you cite, we were one conversion of a FGA from not going to OT last year. Had we put up 7 when we had the chances in their RZ, it would never have even been close.

This year is a different story. Should be a close game again. Hill has to become more effective as a passer but TCU returns a whole bunch of experience to their team this year. On the flip side, we are more experienced this year as well and I think (and hope) that the defense will be improved this year. It may not be a top 30 defense, but we need them to be hovering around somewhere in the 40 to 50 range nationally.
Go Hogs Go!

hawgon

Our offense is still the key.  It has to be very good again.  There can't be much drop off at all.  The defense could be quite a bit improved, but we are still going to have to out score teams to win.  If the offense drops off even a little, it will be a long year.

goodguytex

Quote from: secneahog on July 19, 2017, 07:14:49 am
The heat wasn't that bad.

It was patterson finding the holes in our defense.
The players cramping up, Ellis having to go to the locker room for an IV, would indicate differently.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: goodguytex on July 19, 2017, 09:20:53 am
The players cramping up, Ellis having to go to the locker room for an IV, would indicate differently.

This is accurate. Both teams were cramping up and had to find relief in the medical tent.
This is my non-signature signature.

widespreadsooie

Poised to surprise in a conference that had only 4 teams with winning records last season, lol okay I'll agree with that CBS.

FraggleHog

Quote from: HamSammich on July 18, 2017, 11:29:36 pm
Pretty much how our awesome offensive coordinator was going to be fired but left first. Some folk are better offensive coordinators.....

But that doesn't fit those rose colored glasses narrative huh?

Same could be said about our Rhoads. Was fired by IA St., however there was a lot of excitement when we hired him... Some coaches are just much better Coordinators than HC...
Calling the Hogs from DFW

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: HamSammich on July 18, 2017, 11:29:36 pm
Pretty much how our awesome offensive coordinator was going to be fired but left first. Some folk are better offensive coordinators.....

But that doesn't fit those rose colored glasses narrative huh?

That's really true in a lot of cases and there are a lot of examples. Mike Stoops couldn't get it done at Arizona but he is a good DC. Chaney isn't a good OC though, so it is good that he has a lot of really good RB's and his buddy Pittman coaching his O-Line. Paul Rhoads is kind of a bad example as a HC because neither Vince Lombardi or Saban could win big at Iowa State.
Go Hogs Go!

HamSammich

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 19, 2017, 03:53:59 pm
That's really true in a lot of cases and there are a lot of examples. Mike Stoops couldn't get it done at Arizona but he is a good DC. Chaney isn't a good OC though, so it is good that he has a lot of really good RB's and his buddy Pittman coaching his O-Line. Paul Rhoads is kind of a bad example as a HC because neither Vince Lombardi or Saban could win big at Iowa State.

On the pro level I look a norv turner... guy can make any offense better.

Hoginsavga

My wish is to win the game and lose the time of possession stat. I want to see the Hogs take the approach, especially in the 2nd half, that their only objective on offense is to score, not focus on the clock. One exception, if less than two minutes remain and we have a 14 or more lead then run out the clock. This idea of running out the clock too early is getting very old and has been counterproductive.

Basically I think the two teams are fairly equal in talent with the Hogs maybe having a slight edge. The final outcome will largely depend on which coaching staff does the better job on game day. This game should tell us a lot for the upcoming season.

Ready to put those Boston butts on the smoker, kick back with some brews and enjoy the season. WPS

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoginsavga on July 19, 2017, 05:54:13 pm
My wish is to win the game and lose the time of possession stat. I want to see the Hogs take the approach, especially in the 2nd half, that their only objective on offense is to score, not focus on the clock. One exception, if less than two minutes remain and we have a 14 or more lead then run out the clock. This idea of running out the clock too early is getting very old and has been counterproductive.

Basically I think the two teams are fairly equal in talent with the Hogs maybe having a slight edge. The final outcome will largely depend on which coaching staff does the better job on game day. This game should tell us a lot for the upcoming season.

Ready to put those Boston butts on the smoker, kick back with some brews and enjoy the season. WPS

Against quality teams, I want to see us win the TOP game, I just want to see us be more effective at sustaining drives, getting the ball into the EZ and generating more points...more scoring from more looooong drives that do three things: 1) demoralize the opponent, 2) keep the ball away from the opponent and 3) put more points on the board more often.
Go Hogs Go!

Hoginsavga

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 19, 2017, 06:46:23 pm
Against quality teams, I want to see us win the TOP game, I just want to see us be more effective at sustaining drives, getting the ball into the EZ and generating more points...more scoring from more looooong drives that do three things: 1) demoralize the opponent, 2) keep the ball away from the opponent and 3) put more points on the board more often.

During the Broyles and Holtz era TOP meant much more to the final outcome than today's game of spread football. To me it becomes demoralizing when we run 8-10 minutes off the clock and settle for a field goal or even worse, no score. The other team takes the ball and scores in two plays covering 90+ yards to take the lead, i.e. TA&M last year. We basically folded after those two series.

We also folded in the second half of many games the past three years because we were focused too much on running the clock down instead of running the same offense we ran the first half. Anyway, that's my perception.

Generally you are right in your thinking. But many games the past three years we break the huddle with 10-15 seconds on the play clock and snap the ball with less than 5 seconds left. This happens frequently in the 3rd and 4th quarters when we are leading and, in my opinion, takes away momentum from our offense. Think about how many games we have lost in the second half and I am not talking about our last two games.

I sometimes believe that in football, like other sports, don't take away the momentum you have by trying to slow the game down. I am not a coach but I have played football, basketball, golf and other sports. It always seemed that our team effort changed when we changed our approach to winning during the game.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hoginsavga on July 19, 2017, 07:26:58 pm
During the Broyles and Holtz era TOP meant much more to the final outcome than today's game of spread football. To me it becomes demoralizing when we run 8-10 minutes off the clock and settle for a field goal or even worse, no score. The other team takes the ball and scores in two plays covering 90+ yards to take the lead, i.e. TA&M last year. We basically folded after those two series.

We also folded in the second half of many games the past three years because we were focused too much on running the clock down instead of running the same offense we ran the first half. Anyway, that's my perception.

Generally you are right in your thinking. But many games the past three years we break the huddle with 10-15 seconds on the play clock and snap the ball with less than 5 seconds left. This happens frequently in the 3rd and 4th quarters when we are leading and, in my opinion, takes away momentum from our offense. Think about how many games we have lost in the second half and I am not talking about our last two games.

I sometimes believe that in football, like other sports, don't take away the momentum you have by trying to slow the game down. I am not a coach but I have played football, basketball, golf and other sports. It always seemed that our team effort changed when we changed our approach to winning during the game.

I'm absolutely right, if they accomplish the things that I listed above, but none of that includes the potential for failures in several areas that you list. That's why I phrased it the way I did. Have to convert on 3rd and short extending drives. Can't shoot yourself in the foot with needless penalties that put you behind the sticks. Get in the RZ, you are going to kick some FG's, but more often than not you need to score TD's.

Do those things an none of what you are citing ever becomes a consideration. What this team needs is to acquire the "killer instinct" so that when they get a team down, they step on their necks and drive the point of the victory home. Don't let them up once you have them down.
Go Hogs Go!

hogcard1964

HiggiePiggy

We have had a total of 21 games in 4 years where we were either tied or winning at halftime or in the second half. We have won 6 and lost 15 of those games. So if we can play 4 quarters instead of 2 we should win a few more games.
If a man speaks and no woman is around to hear him, is he still wrong?

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on July 18, 2017, 08:14:35 pm
No, we should have beat them worse.

1st Drive, 1st Qtr   1st and 10 at TCU 22-Incomplete, 2 yd run, Incomplete, we settle for a FG.
Beginning of 2nd Qtr-1st and 10 at TCU 10 yard line, 3 yard run, 2 yard loss on run, Incompletion, we settle for another FG.
Beginning of 4th Qtr-1st and Goal at TCU 2 yard line, run for a 4 yard loss, run for 2 yards, Incomplete, FG attempt is no good.

Really great post. Yes we should have blown them out. Thank you it's always weird to me when Hogfans do the we were lucky and bring up the other teams mistakes. But conveniently forget that we let TCU get back into the game. SMH

Arkansas Fan

We should've blown out several teams, only to let them get back in it and beat us or almost beat us.

GuvHog

Quote from: secneahog on July 19, 2017, 08:13:19 am

TCU hasn't been the same on Defense since their all everything DC retired a couple of years ago.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lakecityhog

savga, I agree with you 100%!! Play the second half to win, DON'T EVER PLAY THE SECOND HALF "NOT TO LOSE"!!! With the high scoring offenses today momentum can change in the blink of an eye.

I have seen waaaaay too much emphasis on TOP and not near enough on scoring in the second half of waaaay too many games. I believe it's called "putting your foot on their throats!!!"

The one thing I want to see about as much as anything is KICK THE darned BALL INTO THE ENDZONE! I am purely sick of seeing those short corner kicks resulting in long returns, the very thing that very nearly cost us the TCU game.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: GuvHog on July 19, 2017, 08:20:10 pm
TCU hasn't been the same on Defense since their all everything DC retired a couple of years ago.

Dick Bumpas. Arkansas Sports Hall of Fame inductee. Member of the 1969 Razorback team.

Patterson calls his own defense now. He has a Coordinator, but calls in his own defensive plays. Unless something has changed.
This is my non-signature signature.

bennyl08

Quote from: lakecityhog on July 19, 2017, 09:54:59 pm
savga, I agree with you 100%!! Play the second half to win, DON'T EVER PLAY THE SECOND HALF "NOT TO LOSE"!!! With the high scoring offenses today momentum can change in the blink of an eye.

I have seen waaaaay too much emphasis on TOP and not near enough on scoring in the second half of waaaay too many games. I believe it's called "putting your foot on their throats!!!"

The one thing I want to see about as much as anything is KICK THE darned BALL INTO THE ENDZONE! I am purely sick of seeing those short corner kicks resulting in long returns, the very thing that very nearly cost us the TCU game.

The kickoff rule changed in 2012 moving the kick to the 35 yard line and the touchback out to the 25. From 2008 through 2011, a total of 4 teams averaged a 50% touchback rate or better. Since then, the average number per year to accomplish this has steadily increased from 18 teams doing this is 2012 to 35/36 teams the past 2 seasons.

I.e. only about 1 in 4 teams accomplish this feat. When Hocker was doing this, we ranked b/w 3rd and 6th in the country in touchback percentage. We ranked 40th, 99th, and 110th from 2010 to 2008 before Hocker handled the kickoffs. Since Hocker, we are 101, 118, and 104th.

This is not some recent trend of Bielema purposefully limiting our kickoffs. We often struggle with getting touchbacks on kickoffs. In the 9 seasons that I can readily find data on, 40th was the best we did without Hocker and he may have done a few kickoffs in 2010 as well, but wasn't the sole kickoff person. Every other year (6 of them) was 99th or worse. To go from being essentially worse to first can really throw off fan's perspectives on what to expect.

Having said all of that, we shouldn't be ranked that low in anything. We should be able to be better than that. However, it is important to recognize that this has historically been a weak point for us. We are typically a team that is boom or bust at kicker. Either hall of fame or hall of shame.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Tejano Jawg

Just a little walk down memory lane. Ellis's pick 6...I posted this shot last year (from a Ft Worth photographer) in a discussion thread about the classic "Surrender Cobra." Count them, plus the half cobras, and face palms. Funny stuff.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

SooiecidetillNuttgone

Quote from: AP85 on July 18, 2017, 03:43:34 pm
Listening to hogville call games locks is comical at best.

This statement is a lock.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

presidenthog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 19, 2017, 11:34:34 pm
Just a little walk down memory lane. Ellis's pick 6...I posted this shot last year (from a Ft Worth photographer) in a discussion thread about the classic "Surrender Cobra." Count them, plus the half cobras, and face palms. Funny stuff.

Omg there is a blonde directly above Ellis about 5 rows or so. All you can see is her head and she has the ugliest look ever.

Cinco de Hogo

Wasn't it Darrell Royal that said "I'd rather be lucky than good"?  We will need luck in about 9 games this year.

theFlyingHog

Quote from: Tejano Jawg on July 19, 2017, 11:34:34 pm
Is it just me or does Cole Kelley look like a grown man standing on the sideline with a jr high team? That is one big dude

King Kong

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 19, 2017, 08:04:31 pm
Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he's playing because he kind of sucks, but isnt this like his 6th season?

Well he is kind of like Bo Wallace. He is good enough to get hot and beat you. But he also makes some poor decisions that lose games

hogcard1964

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 20, 2017, 07:41:20 am
Wasn't it Darrell Royal that said "I'd rather be lucky than good"?  We will need luck in about 9 games this year.

Who will we need "luck" against?

Cinco de Hogo

hogcard1964

Quote from: Cinco de Hogo on July 20, 2017, 09:04:55 am
Who do we not ?

Sept. 2 – FLORIDA A&M
Sept. 9 – TCU
Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI

The NewEra

IMO, there will be a few very big differences this year opposed to last year that work in the Hogs favor.  Arkansas O-Line will be more seasoned and much improved.  Defensively, and this is the big one for me, I expect us to put pressure on Slash Hill this year with more speed and athleticism in the 3-4 defense.  For Rob Smith's tenure at Arkansas our D made Heisman candidates out of otherwise mediocre quarterbacks.  I don't expect to be seeing that this year.  Plus, we have some serious experience in the secondary and I'm expecting some picks from them.

Bacons Rebellion

Quote from: EastexHawg on July 18, 2017, 09:55:07 pm
The real bonehead play by Hill was scoring a TD instead of falling down on the one or two yard line after getting a first down.  We were out of timeouts and TCU could have taken a knee a couple of times and run out the clock.  The TD and conversion only made the margin 8 points and allowed us to score and take it to overtime.

Yeah, I was thinking, "3rd and 1. The only way we can pull this one out is to let them score a TD right now or stop them and make them kick a field goal. Surely Patterson is good enough a coach not to let them score." Then there goes Hill loping into the end zone. Hope springs eternal. Hunter's Heave.  LSU kicks the football in celebration giving us an auto FD on 4th & 20 back in 2007. Hill scores a TD.

jgphillips3

If we field a competent defense.  A defense capable of finishing between 6-8 in the SEC, we beat TCU comfortably...14 points or so.  The question is, will the defense have come together by that game and that is the only reason I am hesitant to call it at this point.  We are a bigger, faster (other than skill positions), more physical team and if we don't beat ourselves, we will beat them.  Coincidentally, this is the same reason we should lose to Bama and LSU.

Tejano Jawg

Quote from: presidenthog on July 20, 2017, 05:49:41 am
Omg there is a blonde directly above Ellis about 5 rows or so. All you can see is her head and she has the ugliest look ever.

LOL...in the thread last year, someone took an isolated shot of that girl and enlarged it. Ha! I also think someone may have cropped in on another good one...the chick above the running referee doing a combo half-cobra/face palm.
Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: hogcard1964 on July 20, 2017, 09:10:02 am
Sept. 2 – FLORIDA A&M
Sept. 9 – TCU
Sept. 30 – NEW MEXICO STATE
Oct. 7 – at South Carolina
Oct. 28 – at Ole Miss
Nov. 4 – COASTAL CAROLINA
Nov. 18 – MISSISSIPPI STATE
Nov. 25 – MISSOURI

Three out of eight ain't bad I suppose.  As for the other five, glad your positive...until the ball bounces.

In regards to your original question, I was thinking, the debil, the refs, espn, sec front office, the weather,  truck stop food, that blade of grass on the 3 yd line........

JOKERHOG

Quote from: razorbackfaninar on July 18, 2017, 08:27:55 pm
I'm happy to go on record with this game as a win.  The big 12 is a terrible conference. The media say TCU is going to be good every year. Last year the articles were all saying it was TCU and Oklahoma as the powerhouses of the conference and everybody else were also rans.  Oklahoma is the only good team in the conference. I think we will win this game handily. I think we have better talent overall and better coaches.

Exactly what people said the year after we won in Lubbock and we all remember what happened in Fayetteville the next year.  This is setting up very similarly.  I will go on record with TCU game a clear loss. 
BRINGING BALANCE AND PERSPECTIVE TO HOGVILLE

"You're too damn illiterate to have a college education.  And I'm serious"  - Hawgar the Horrible 1/19/2017

5 most hated: 1Auburn 2Auburn 3Auburn 4A&M 5OU

daBoar

Quote from: JOKERHOG on July 22, 2017, 06:36:25 pm
Exactly what people said the year after we won in Lubbock and we all remember what happened in Fayetteville the next year.  This is setting up very similarly.  I will go on record with TCU game a clear loss. 
Why not root for the Hogs.

lakecityhog

Benny,
I understand that kickoffs were moved back 5 yards. I also remember LOTS of kickers that kicked the ball thru the endzone. I truly believe that NOT kicking into the endzone is as much a result of coaching decisions as lack of leg strength. There appears to be many coaches that just cannot stand to give the offense that extra 5 yards. Kicking towards a corner seems to be the new fad and sometimes it works, seldom for us.

Am I to believe that we cannot find 10 guys that can get down the field quickly, stay in their lanes, shed a block and make a good fundamental tackle? Kick coverage, punt coverage, field goal protection and punt protection are basic fundamentals that this staff has had real problems teaching.