Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dari Nowkah is "perturbed" with Arkansas.

Started by HeathWimp, November 21, 2017, 02:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HF#1

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 09:07:02 am
He knows college football. Sometimes I think our fans ( and likely those of other schools ) view college football in a vacuum. They see only what they perceive as good about their program when comparing it to college football in general.

Knowing college football and thinking you understand a fanbase are two different things. He doesn't live here, he doesn't have any idea about the expectations of fans in Arkansas. He only knows what Bo tells him.

We aren't unrealistic, not the majority of us anyway. However, we do want to win. Bielema has done less winning than any other coach in our history or close to it. He's also had ample time to be successful. Dari's comments were butthurt run a muck because his pal is about to be shown the door.

I agree with you about fans viewing college football in a vacuum. But he wasn't speaking to that in my opinion.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

hogsanity

Quote from: HF#1 on November 22, 2017, 09:13:02 am
Knowing college football and thinking you understand a fanbase are two different things. He doesn't live here, he doesn't have any idea about the expectations of fans in Arkansas. He only knows what Bo tells him.

We aren't unrealistic, not the majority of us anyway. However, we do want to win. Bielema has done less winning than any other coach in our history or close to it. He's also had ample time to be successful. Dari's comments were butthurt run a muck because his pal is about to be shown the door.

I agree with you about fans viewing college football in a vacuum. But he wasn't speaking to that in my opinion.

You want to see how unrealistic Hog fans are? Start a thread asking them to rank the Hog job among all 14 SEC schools, and just see where they rank it. That right there will show you how unrealistic they are about THIS program. They will try to convince you that this is a better job than LSU, or A&M or Aub.

Here, I'll just do it here

SEC job ranked 1-14

Bama
GA
FLa
LSU
A&M
Aub
Tie ( MSU, AR, SC )
TN
old misses
KY
Mizzu
Vandy

Could the same be said for other programs fans, probably, but we are not talking about them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

HF#1

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 09:18:35 am
You want to see how unrealistic Hog fans are? Start a thread asking them to rank the Hog job among all 14 SEC schools, and just see where they rank it. That right there will show you how unrealistic they are about THIS program. They will try to convince you that this is a better job than LSU, or A&M or Aub.

SEC job ranked 1-14

Bama
GA
FLa
LSU
A&M
Aub
Tie ( MSU, AR, SC )
TN
old misses
KY
Mizzu
Vandy

Could the same be said for other programs fans, probably, but we are not talking about them.

There are a couple million ppl in this state. The few thousand that long into this message board do not reflect the expectations of an entire state.
"We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid."  <br /><br />Benjamin Franklin

colt07

Dari had a man crush on Long. He and CBB are big buddies. He is letting is personal feelings control his reporting. This something MSESPN knows how to do very well.

ARK is not the best job in the SEC nor is it even close to being worst (Ole Miss, Miss St, Vandy, KY are all worse). You could argue AUB is worse based on location. Have you every been to the Auburn/Opelika area?

We have excellent facilities and if you are successful at ARK you will be a deity in this state. Not a bad position to be in when living in one of the top five spots to live in the country. I can tell you I would rather live in NW Arkansas than that cesspool of Charlotte.

hogsanity

Quote from: colt07 on November 22, 2017, 09:45:10 am
Dari had a man crush on Long. He and CBB are big buddies. He is letting is personal feelings control his reporting. This something MSESPN knows how to do very well.

ARK is not the best job in the SEC nor is it even close to being worst (Ole Miss, Miss St, Vandy, KY are all worse). You could argue AUB is worse based on location. Have you every been to the Auburn/Opelika area?

We have excellent facilities and if you are successful at ARK you will be a deity in this state. Not a bad position to be in when living in one of the top five spots to live in the country. I can tell you I would rather live in NW Arkansas than that cesspool of Charlotte.

I am ranking th jobs on where is it easier to win, not better to live.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

tzthib

What a stupid false dichotomy. So, either we accept that what we are now (which is terrible), or we are terrible people who will sell our souls for a win?

All this reminds me of an abusive relationship. What does an abuser say to keep their spouse from moving on? "Oh, you'll never do better than me." "You think YOU can do better than this!? Who do you think you are?!?."

MJ2

Dari did what he intended to do - he got his name in the news.    He has no dog in this fight and should stay out of it.

hogsanity

Quote from: MJ2 on November 22, 2017, 10:13:31 am
Dari did what he intended to do - he got his name in the news.    He has no dog in this fight and should stay out of it.

He was being interviewed on a Arkansas sports radio show, and being asked questions about the state of the program, how was he supposed to stay out of it?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: tusked on November 21, 2017, 11:08:39 pm
After finding out how Alvarez was having BB meet with him 4-5 times a week to go over the game plan should tell you all you need to know about how much BB knows about HC'ing a team.

BB was HC in name only.  Alvarez was Lou Holtz DC on his ND national championship team.  If you saw him speak at the LRTD club or saw the interviews he did, you now know his real name is Barry MF Alvarez.
Boom. Alvarez...friend to all players, Mr. Nice Guy, never said a harsh word to anyone. Oh, and ultra successful college football coach and AD, too.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Tony Perkis

Quote from: hogsanity on November 22, 2017, 10:15:22 am
He was being interviewed on a Arkansas sports radio show, and being asked questions about the state of the program, how was he supposed to stay out of it?
In Dari's defense, Bo didn't leave him any other option really. The questions were asked in a fashion that could only lead to Dari's responses. Bo is slimy and will do anything for ratings. He will fail in due time.

MJ2

No comment?

Mo_Better_Hogs

Quote from: HF#1 on November 21, 2017, 02:58:06 pm
He and Bret are tight. They have lunch or dinner anytime Dari is close to NWA.

I get it. Heck, weren't Brando and Nutt tight? Seems I remember he wasn't quick to be critical of Nutt. In fact, quite the opposite. It happens. If I were friends with Bret, I'd feel the same way. Except for the football part.

Uncommon

SEC job ranked 1-14
Bama
GA
FLa
LSU
A&M
Aub
Tie ( MSU, AR, SC )
TN
old misses
KY
Mizzu
Vandy
I'd say it's
1. Alabama
2. LSU
3. Georgia
4. Tennessee
5. Auburn
6. Florida
7. Texas A&M
8. South Carolina
9. Arkansas
10. Ole Miss
11. Kentucky
12. Mississippi State
13. Missouri
14. Vanderbilt

regi

SEC job ranked 1-14

Bama
GA
FLa
LSU
A&M
Aub
Tie ( MSU, AR, SC )
TN
old misses
KY
Mizzu
Vandy

You are Correct,  anyone that thinks the Miss St job is that good,  does have a firm grasp,  on all the things it takes to win in the SEC.  State and South Carolina,  both have the historical bad records they do,  because those are very difficult jobs. Mullen will be the only Coach to leave State with a winning record.  A better break down of the SEC. Based on history,  financial support,  and recruiting:

1 Bama
2 Florida
3 UGA
4 LSU
5 TAMU
6 AU
7 Tennessee
8 Arkansas
9 South Carolina
10 Ole Miss
11Mizzou
12 Miss St
13 UK
14 Vandy

Calling All Hogs

Quote from: PorkRinds on November 21, 2017, 02:57:26 pm
He's buddies with CBB.  That said, if the next guy comes in and fails and CBB moves in and has success we are going to be in a really bad position.
Considering what the odds are of our next coach coming in and having a worse record than Bielema AND Bielema having great success at another program, I am willing to take the risk.

RebelliousHog

Screw Dari  (whoever the hell he is, other than being *** buddies with BB) and Bo.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci

Next1_04

Quote from: HenduHog on November 22, 2017, 11:53:49 am
Screw Dari  (whoever the hell he is, other than being *** buddies with BB) and Bo.

Little school girl you are. Wah Wah he's fwiends with them...wah wah... I want a pop sickle. God almighty. You people are a special kind of special.

Hog Pharm

He apologized today. Said he was very unfair after going back and listening to what he said.

razorsharptusk

November 22, 2017, 02:07:08 pm #168 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 03:02:39 pm by razorsharptusk
He is ticked his BFF isn't welcome here any longer.  As if we care what Dari thinks.  Hey Dari, you could use him on SEC Now once he is released...maybe?

GO HOGS!!

Kneph13

There is no Political Correctness in war

jabberjawls

i heard the interview yesterday and i couldn't believe what he was saying.   He said some really awful things that will be hard for me to forget and forgive.   If you haven't heard the interview and you have any pride in this state, you should listen to it. 

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: pghawg1 on November 21, 2017, 03:00:55 pm
   I imagine Bo was agreeing with him.
It's the reason the little biotch had him on. Frick Dari Nokass!!! Just another tool bag that has no idea about Arkansas or the Razorbacks.

SEC would love to see BB brought back. The SEC needs some easy wins and that's what Long and BB have provided. Arkansas people are demanding more and who is Nokass to tell us how to run our program..He's nobody just an TV analyst.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 22, 2017, 01:06:47 pm
He apologized today. Said he was very unfair after going back and listening to what he said.
To late the toothpaste is out of the tube. He said what he meant and was very strong with it.

And anyone on here that is and has agreed with the punk you just aren't Arkansas!! Screw you! 

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 22, 2017, 12:01:20 pm
Little school girl you are. Wah Wah he's fwiends with them...wah wah... I want a pop sickle. God almighty. You people are a special kind of special.

LOl you are a tool aren't you? If you aren't offended by what the punk said then you shouldn't be on here! I swear Hogville is over run with toolbags who aren't even Hogfans not sure why these types are on here?

BigSexyHog

No one respects the little clown boy and doubt they ever will.  Will not accept his apology.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

AlmaHog2011

He wouldn't do that to any other program in the SEC. I am guessing it was fine with you what he said?

CareBear

Quote from: rtr on November 21, 2017, 10:53:28 pm
Yes, but I wish someone would post the statistics from that game.  Our DL absolutely owned their great dominant OL, I think they rushed for 5 yards.  Ineptitude on offense coupled with team being torn up over the Malzahn/Mustain departures were the major factors in that loss.  Actually, Regi Herring had his unit ready to play that day.
Dmac had some sort of injury leading into that game... Hamstring, ankle, knee, toe...not sure what it was but I know he had an injury & was caught from behind on a for sure TD,  which did not happen often in his time here.
More importantly we now know that Wisconsin is/was a machine built by Alvarez, who was meeting with Bert 3-5 times a week. When he got here & realized that Jeffy wasn't gonna be on his ass like Papa Alvarez was @Wisky keeping him in check, he was like a kid who was away  from home for college. No rules, no questions from dad. Beer on your cheerios if you want. Go to class sometimes. Sometimes you don't.
It's comical for Dari to say word one about our fans being crazy, or inpatient, or any other misnomer that's floated out there. Bert has set records for being bad, & deflected blame the whole time. What is his strength as a coach Dari? Bo should be ashamed for parroting the BS propaganda that JL & Bert have used to keep the sheep happy.
Thank goodness this surreal nightmare is coming to an end. Ridiculous!
#eyesforward #WPS #razorbackspirit #arkansas #Fayettenam

hogsanity

Quote from: AlmaHog2011 on November 22, 2017, 03:16:07 pm
He wouldn't do that to any other program in the SEC. I am guessing it was fine with you what he said?

Reality obviously hurts the feelings of some here. The reality is in the sec Bama, Aub, A&M, LSU are all EASILY better jobs, and with the available talent and $$$ being spent MSU may very well be better too. By better I mean easier to win games.

The other reality that really bothers some people is that outside of Arkansas fans NO ONE CARES about Hog football.

Großer Kriegschwein

Dari is officially a toolbag.

Said "If Your fan base could, they'd take Bobby Petrino back TOMMOROW if they could. Does character mean ANYTHING in this profession?"

That was 3 days after this gem.

You can't make this s*** up.
This is my non-signature signature.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Arkansas Traveler on November 21, 2017, 09:44:17 pm
Dari Nowkah has apologized:

"I realize that today, I angered many #Razorbacks fans by doing something that I hate when others do - GENERALIZING.  I was unfair and I upset a fan base that I've come to love.  I sincerely hope you'll accept my apology.  #WPS"

In other words, what I said on the Bo show are my true feelings about the matter, however I later realized that I pissed some people off with my comments, so I'm apologizing for that now.  I still think that Arkansas screwed th pooch but I'll keep that to myself now.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

BoynamedWooPigSooie

He's a sooner. He can stick it where the sun don't shine.  Never go full Sooner.
Hogville's resident uniform designer.

Großer Kriegschwein

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 22, 2017, 09:21:06 pm

In other words, what I said on the Bo show are my true feelings about the matter, however I later realized that I pissed some people off with my comments, so I'm apologizing for that now.  I still think that Arkansas screwed th pooch but I'll keep that to myself now.

Yep
This is my non-signature signature.

oldgoat

A farmer down in Texas told a wildlife reporter that the rattlesnakes in the area had stopped rattling.  He said it was because that's how the wild hogs find, kill, and eat them. 
As soon as we find the right coach our wild hogs will return and these snakes will shut up too.
Hoglady: "Some things in life are only a big deal when you make them a big deal."

AlmaHog2011

SEC job ranked 1-14

Bama
GA
FLa
LSU
A&M
Aub
Tie ( MSU, AR, SC )
TN
old misses
KY
Mizzu
Vandy

Long and many posters on here have you thinking the way they wanted. It's the reason Arkansas is about to clean out the non Arkansas people who have held Football captive for 5 long years..Keep banging the drum about how poor Arkansas is and how we shouldn't expect more than 4-5 wins but that isn't the truth and we will somehow hire a great coach and you probably are saying we can't! We will...Humpty Dumpty would be a better coach than BB.

AlmaHog2011

Quote from: oldgoat on November 24, 2017, 09:07:38 am
A farmer down in Texas told a wildlife reporter that the rattlesnakes in the area had stopped rattling.  He said it was because that's how the wild hogs find, kill, and eat them. 
As soon as we find the right coach our wild hogs will return and these snakes will shut up too.

Damn right OldHog!

RebelliousHog

Quote from: Next1_04 on November 22, 2017, 12:01:20 pm

I could care less who he's friends with. I stand by what I said. Screw both of them.
"Some there are who are nothing else than a passage for food and augmenters of excrement and fillers of privies, because through them no other things in the world, nor any good effects are produced, since nothing but full privies results from them."<br />―Leonardo da Vinci