Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Most Hated Figure in Arkansas goes to...

Started by beachhog, July 24, 2017, 02:00:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

phadedhawg

Cute that they think we tried to hurt their players.  If you're gonna get blamed for it, might as well put some effort into it next year.

pigture perfect

He might be because he's just he one who's disparaged us the latest.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Tusks

Man that is WEAK.  The most hated man in arkansas sports is nick saben.  MM is now from kentucky where the 'tooth to head' ratio is much worse than Arkansas.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

East Clintwood

He wouldn't even make the list.  I'd have Marcus rated much higher than Malik. but still nowhere near the top.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

ShadowHawg

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

The OTR

Tom Penders...after all we've done for him I still think he's at the top of any hate list...at least mine.

Hogimus Prime

ShadowHawg

Quote from: Hogimus Prime on July 25, 2017, 08:30:50 am
John White

Broyles  could have stopped White with a phone call. He actually did just that when White tried to have him fired early in White's tenure.

Everyone talks about Nolan mailing it in, nothing compared to Broyles laying down on the job while White was here. All Broyles cared about at that point was getting to 50 years of employment by the University. He had the political capital to put White in his place at any point concerning Razorback athletics. He chose not to for whatever reasons.

White was aided by former players acting in the background as well. He was hardly a unilateral dictator in all that happened. While I can't stand White either, Nutt was the face of this sad period of Razorbacks athletics.

HognitiveDissonance

It's chain of command.
White was Broyles's boss, like it or not. Agree with it or not.
Broyles was boss over all of his coaches.
The football coach is boss over his assistants.
And so on and so on.
At all levels, you do what your boss tells you to do and try to get along as best you can. Same for me at my job.
Do I think White should have been involved much at all in the AD? No. But he clearly wanted to be. In my mind, he was envious of all the attention athletics got and wanted to to be a part of that. Some say as Chancellor he had the authority to 'run' any department on campus, and technically they're right. He was boss over every department. But as they say, just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should.
And in this case, clearly in my mind we would have been better off if he had stayed out of it and let Frank run the AD.

I agree on a conceptual level that if Frank wanted to pull a coup de tat there is no question in the court of public opinion who would have won that battle. The common folk would have Frank's back. But is that really what needs to happen? What a mess that would be, and in the end nobody wins. In the end, probably much to his chagrin, Frank obeyed his boss and was a professional. He went along as best he could, although I'm sure it must have pained him as he was accustomed to pretty much running the AD by himself for decades. And those years went much better than the White years in my opinion.

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on August 01, 2017, 11:35:10 am
Did you read it? I 'm not crazy over Monk but he did mention Jordan's age as in IF they played today.

Yes I read it. 

Let's be honest, if he couldn't beat a 54 year old MJ one-on-one, what would his value be?  Saying something like that is just kinda silly if you ask me.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on August 01, 2017, 01:21:37 pm
Yes I read it. 

Let's be honest, if he couldn't beat a 54 year old MJ one-on-one, what would his value be?  Saying something like that is just kinda silly if you ask me.

Ok. The thing is without reading it someone might think he was being egotistical and believed he was saying he could beat him in his prime and that's not what he was saying. I think anyone that does read it knows he was just joking.

Hogopolis

When it comes to basketball my most hated is Dana Altman.   He was the coach for one day, then quit and went back to Creighton.  When I see Oregon play I get so angry.  I want Altman and his ducks to lose every game.   I also think what should have been......... 

WorfHog

Quote from: Hogopolis on August 02, 2017, 11:32:05 am
When it comes to basketball my most hated is Dana Altman.   He was the coach for one day, then quit and went back to Creighton.  When I see Oregon play I get so angry.  I want Altman and his ducks to lose every game.   I also think what should have been.........

Had we had a working AD at the time it could have been.  ;)

I don't hate ole Money Monk, I just don't cheer for him.

ShadowHawg

Quote from: HognitiveDissonance on July 29, 2017, 12:06:32 pm
It's chain of command.
White was Broyles's boss, like it or not. Agree with it or not.
Broyles was boss over all of his coaches.
The football coach is boss over his assistants.
And so on and so on.
At all levels, you do what your boss tells you to do and try to get along as best you can. Same for me at my job.
Do I think White should have been involved much at all in the AD? No. But he clearly wanted to be. In my mind, he was envious of all the attention athletics got and wanted to to be a part of that. Some say as Chancellor he had the authority to 'run' any department on campus, and technically they're right. He was boss over every department. But as they say, just because you have the right to do something doesn't mean you should.
And in this case, clearly in my mind we would have been better off if he had stayed out of it and let Frank run the AD.

I agree on a conceptual level that if Frank wanted to pull a coup de tat there is no question in the court of public opinion who would have won that battle. The common folk would have Frank's back. But is that really what needs to happen? What a mess that would be, and in the end nobody wins. In the end, probably much to his chagrin, Frank obeyed his boss and was a professional. He went along as best he could, although I'm sure it must have pained him as he was accustomed to pretty much running the AD by himself for decades. And those years went much better than the White years in my opinion.

White tried to fire Broyles early on. Broyles got on the phone and basically pimp slapped White with his connections. So much for chain of command.

Broyles allowed White to meddle. He was old and complacent. All he cared about was getting 50 years in as an employee of the University.

Broyles just figured he would be gone by the time White's chickens came home to roost.

Porky McGee

His slimeball coach is hated 10x more than him in my opinion. My list goes (not in order):

Calipari
Penn wagers
Marc curles
Anybody that has ever been involved with the auburn football program.

HognitiveDissonance

Quote from: ShadowHawg on August 05, 2017, 12:57:17 am
White tried to fire Broyles early on. Broyles got on the phone and basically pimp slapped White with his connections. So much for chain of command.

Broyles allowed White to meddle. He was old and complacent. All he cared about was getting 50 years in as an employee of the University.

Broyles just figured he would be gone by the time White's chickens came home to roost.
I wouldn't doubt for a second White thought about replacing Broyles.
Then I'm sure he probably realized what a political disaster in this state that would be and thought better of it.
So instead he left him in place but just as a figure-head with no more real authority.