Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

O'Grady Says He Gets It Now

Started by Mike Irwin, July 22, 2017, 10:33:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Irwin

Großer Kriegschwein

This is my non-signature signature.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Steef

FANONTHEHILL

Great article Mike.  I've known CJ (Cheyenne) since he was a sophomore at Fayetteville.  He, Dre Greenlaw, Damani Carter, and my son have been teammates since their sophomore year at FHS and now they're together at Arkansas.  I've been waiting for that "switch to flip" moment for Cheyenne and I believe it's finally happened. He is a freakish athlete and everything on the field came so easy for him at the high school level. As a result, his work ethic suffered.  Also, like many great high school players, the transition to the next level has been hard.  Physically he's always been there, but mentally, it's tough to go from the THE guy to being just another fish in a pond of equally good fish.  As your article states, his level of maturity and dedication has improved by leaps and bounds.  You can just see it when you speak to him.  He's become a man both on and off the field and the fans will see the results of that this fall.
Kudos to Coach Bielema, Coach Enos, and Coach Lunney.  Cheyenne is a great example  what player development is, and how it should be done.
Favorite quote from practice.  Made to my son:<br /><br /><br />Technique is nice, but it comes down to this.  Block the F'er in front of you. - Sam Pittman 2015

JRHoward

Thank You Mike for an insightful article.  FOTH,  great commentary.  I wish this group of young men much Success!  Woo Pig!
Woooo Pig!

jackflash

I think TE is one strongest  parts of this club