Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What do you think South FLorida's realistic expectations are for Stan Heath?

Started by mathhog, February 07, 2009, 01:05:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

I know, i know, former coaches don't matter, but watching USF beat a top 10 ranked team at home last night (first ranked win ever i think, biggest win in usf history), what does stan have to do to be 'successful'?  i mean, they just moved to division one like 10 years ago, and joined the big east about 4 years ago, and have always been horrible.  what kind of standards does a school like that have?

make the nit every 5 years?  get better over time gradually?

not making any comparisons, this isn't hog-related; just wonder, seriously, could stan have a losing season every 3 years, mixed in with an nit berth and a possible ncaa berth every 5 years and be coach for life?  is south florida one of those teams in basketball like penn state or miami or texas a&m (pre-billy g); good in football but basketball is third-rate?

Hoggy1

You must be smokin somethin if you think I ain't smokin nothin

TNhawgfan

They finally won last night, but they had been playing several teams tough this year. And considering they play in the best conference in basketball (I know, debatable), I doubt he has too many expectations. Personally I would love to see Stan do well at USF.
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol