Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The NCAA is a Disgrace

Started by HamminItUp, February 05, 2009, 09:02:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HamminItUp

This is completely unbelievable and unprofessional that Monk is having to sit out this long. I'm not trying to make any excuses and say if we had him during our conference games our record would be much better, although it's not that unreasonable to think it would make some sort of difference.

I can not believe this is more than likely just sitting on someone's desk and there has been no ruling being made. All things said, I would rather wait a long time to have him cleared than an immediate rejection but come on! It's not like they are just going through files upon files with this.

There is NO excuse for this taking this long. It's a disgrace the NCAA doesn't care more about doing quick and clear justice for its athletes. This is a kid's life that is being changed by uncertainty. Sh*t or get off the pot!

elksnort

If the ball is in the NCAA'S court, then I whole heartedly agree. It's freakin rediculous.

Smokehouse

I can't think of any problem that should take this long to figure out. Hard to say about other games, but Monk would have had a definite impact against LSU and TN.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

Hog Nutt

They waiting for the season to end, and then tell him it's okay to play? Am I missing something?

booogaga

we are all probably missing something. the u of a will not come out and tell us everything that is going on, my opinion is that we probably did not follow every detail getting him eligible but he is probabally fine to play but the ncaa is doing what they always do which is take their time and by the time the decision is passes that he is clear to play there will be 2 games left in the season. it is not fair to a player at all, especially if he is cleared to play.
GO HOGS!

LRCentralTiger

Until someone is hired to run the NCAA as a business, you are stuck with a bureaucracy.  Folks that don't care about doing anything fast.  Take their sweet time and have no worry.  They call it making sure they get it right and look at everything.  I call it BS.

opineonswine

You've most likely seen the last of Marcus in a Hog uniform.

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: opineonswine on February 06, 2009, 09:49:09 am
You've most likely seen the last of Marcus in a Hog uniform.

Opine- it's my opinion that what you say is true, and that's just because these things never work out in favor of the athlete. My question is, did someone withing the athletic dept bring this to the ncaa's attention, or was it from someone outside the program?

The reason I ask is it obviously is something minor but complicated or the media would have already gotten word of it (think tyson gay). If we turned ourselves in and it isn't a blatant foul, i think we are idiots.. I know we have compliance people to deal with things like this but IMO the NCAA wouldn't have cared to even look in to the Monk situation in the first place.

3kgthog

He won't be back. I have no info, but I'm basing that statement on UA and NCAA history. It's not our first rodeo with improperly clearing players.

HawgWild

It would be nice to know what's going on. If Monk won't play again as opineoswine opines wouldn't that mean forfeiting the games that he played in? I mean, wouldn't OU & Texas want that blemish taken off their record? <sigh> And I thought it couldn't get any worse. :'(

jkstock04

I seriously doubt he will play again, you can' t convince me they are still going over the paper work trying to figure it out.  How many weeks has it been now?  I'm sure they know it's just not being put out to the public for whatever reason.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

cdclark09

We'll find out that he was eligible after the season. 

Coondog Hog

whoever was in charge of making sure he was OK to play at the UofA should be the one we are PO'd at.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

no3putts

have they even said what this is even about. I would think that if its paperwork it shoudnt have taken more than a couple days. As long as this has been dragging on it doesnt look good. Why cant someone on the hill let us know what is going on. They can at least say it x issue and we are looking into it and should have a decision in x days. This doesnt look good for monk.

At least we arent undefeated in SEC play and come to find out we have to forfeit our wins to an illegal player. Well so much for wishfull thinking about even having a winning sec record

moehog

I have commented in other posts what is going on. I was told last week he should be eligible this week but obviously he is not. I was told yesterday they have no idea.
"There is no hope for the satisfied man."

moehog

If you would read other posts in same topic you would know this is not the fault of the U of A compliance office
"There is no hope for the satisfied man."

hoggystyle78

Like I said in another thread, they'll decide with about 1:00 to go in our last game! They've been busy trying to figure out a way to sweep Reggie Bush and USC-W under the rug this whole time. The NCAA sucks! I bet if we were Kentucky, N. Carolina, Duke, this schitt would've been over in 1 week!, but the NCAA has a hard-on for Arkansas, so i really wouldn't be surprised if he never gets cleared.

cdclark09

Quote from: hoggystyle78 on February 06, 2009, 11:48:55 am
Like I said in another thread, they'll decide with about 1:00 to go in our last game! They've been busy trying to figure out a way to sweep Reggie Bush and USC-W under the rug this whole time. The NCAA sucks! I bet if we were Kentucky, N. Carolina, Duke, this schitt would've been over in 1 week!, but the NCAA has a hard-on for Arkansas, so i really wouldn't be surprised if he never gets cleared.
I don't think it's because we are Arkansas, its because we are NOT Duke, UNC, USC...
I don't buy into this everyone is out to get Arkansas conspiracy that half of the Hogvillians seem to have.

thirtythree

Is there somewhere we can flood e-mails to about this?

arkansasmaniac

Quote from: cdclark09 on February 06, 2009, 12:26:37 pm
I don't think it's because we are Arkansas, its because we are NOT Duke, UNC, USC...
I don't buy into this everyone is out to get Arkansas conspiracy that half of the Hogvillians seem to have.

THANK YOU.
No one is "out to get us".
People just need to calm down and realize that it is a process.  If anything, the Reggie Bush thing is STILL GOING ON.  So, I'm sure we wont find out until the NCAA tourney starts in 2011 if Marcus Monk is eligible to play.

returntoglory

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 06, 2009, 09:55:02 am
Opine- it's my opinion that what you say is true, and that's just because these things never work out in favor of the athlete. My question is, did someone withing the athletic dept bring this to the ncaa's attention, or was it from someone outside the program?

The reason I ask is it obviously is something minor but complicated or the media would have already gotten word of it (think tyson gay). If we turned ourselves in and it isn't a blatant foul, i think we are idiots.. I know we have compliance people to deal with things like this but IMO the NCAA wouldn't have cared to even look in to the Monk situation in the first place.

I have heard that this may have something to do with his football years. I heard from a guy that works with me that a certain sec west coach turned him in.

Take it for what its worth.

1967 Grad

Don't have it in for Arkansas? Does the name Sunday Adabayo ring a bell?  Only athlete to ever get a fifth year of eligibility because we caught them in a screwup!!! Still think they don't bear any animosity towards us? LOL

HawgWild

Bo had someone on from the UA Compliance Office this afternoon. He asked him specifically if, should Monk be found ineligible, would it result in the forfeiture of any game that he'd played in that we won. The answer: "No".