Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

With ALL DUE Respect to our Hogville Nation...

Started by hawgchill, February 05, 2009, 04:06:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hawgchill

I've RESPECTED and loved this forum for more
than 10plus years...STILL do  : )
  Our Hogville.net site is one of the 2-3 BEST
in ALL of College Basketball.

But...
     If our fans (me/you) can't see the extremely
bright future for this bball program, then you're
suffering from "forrest 4 the trees" syndrome.

Stay passionate,but please TRY and temper some of the negativity aimed @ our players.
They're ALL attempting to contribute,ya know?

Since the pre-season, Coach Pel has been mentioning issues relating to youth,variable development of individual players,LACK of continuity and more.He's done so, NOT as an "excuse", but "reality mentality".

With a stroooong nucleus of first year players
(Fortson/Henry/Moore/Clarke and more) going through the SEC grind(VITAL experience btw)
for the 1st time...It seems CLEAR that we're
AHEAD of schedule on more levels than not.

Add 6'5-6'7 slashers to what we already have
and THE Arkansas Raaaaazorbacks QUICK,FAST and IN A HURRY become a national Force again.

With Anthony Borden in the'09 class possibly needing to take the Prep/Juco route,there is NO DOUBT Coach Pel and his guys are searching
far and wide for a coupla' more swingmen to add
to our already athletic incoming class of Powell and Farmer.

UA/Fort Smith has a Hella' one/two punch in
Jenniro Bush/Tyrone Hanson..

STAY POSITIVE everybody,Help is c-o-m-i-n-g!

Peace and RESPECT 2 hogville fam!  : )

Razorod

i hope you are right about the help coming. two other names that fit the 6-4 to 6-7 slasher description--Tony Mitchell and Jeremy Adams. We'll see what happens this March and April.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hawgchill

GREAT Point!!

Tony Mitchell (Former Bama commit)
would be HUGE for us  : )

Hopefully Coach Pel has some background
w/ Mitchell over the years in Mobile.

donewithdale

Quote from: hawgchill on February 05, 2009, 04:06:28 pm

But...

Stay passionate,but please TRY and temper some of the negativity aimed @ our players.

Since the pre-season, Coach Pel has been mentioning issues relating to youth,variable development of individual players,LACK of continuity and more.He's done so, NOT as an "excuse", but "reality mentality".

(Fortson/Henry/Moore/Clarke and more) going through the SEC grind(VITAL experience btw)

and THE Arkansas Raaaaazorbacks QUICK,FAST and IN A HURRY become a national Force again.

With Anthony Borden in the'09 class possibly needing to take the Prep/Juco route,there is NO DOUBT Coach Pel and his guys are searching

Well the trees are pretty thick right now but hope to get to a clearing soon. 

Wayne Watson

Quote from: hawgchill on February 05, 2009, 04:06:28 pm

But...

10 years?  I thought Hogville started around 2003.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

chiefsfan

What is with this constant love for the 2 guys at UAFS?
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

farmhawg

From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

Dwight_K_Shrute

I agree we are being a bit too pessismistic about the future of this team, the program and Pel.  The basketball team may have lost more than the football team in terms of total offense, but we supported them in a very positive manner throughout the year.

Yes Pel has been here one more year than BP, but that's because the administration got it right with Heath, getting ahead of the curve with his dismissal so the rebuilding could begin sooner.

These guys spoiled us with two brilliant games at home against TX and OU.  It showed us what they are capable of if they play at the top of their game, and they made us forget how young they really are.

Now I'm not all Rick Schaeffer either.  Should we be undefeated right now in the SEC?  No.  We should have probably 2 more wins minimum which would put us at 3-4 and an outside shot at a winning conf record and making the NCAA.

This is when the players and the coach need the fans the most.  We have a great group of kids with some serious upside if we give them time.  Look how far Henry has come in just a few games.  If some NCAA dip stuff would get off his a$$ and clear Monk that would be a big boost as well.  Monk would have made the difference in a couple of the games as well and losing Monk was hurt the team as much mentally as it did on the court.

So in the end just stay positive even though it's hard.  This might not be our year but it's coming.  I'm much more optimistic now than I was 2-3 years ago. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: touchdownark on February 05, 2009, 07:42:30 pm
HST is better than hogville

for current razorback info? hell no, that's why you take stuff from here and post it there. I like the people over there but it is way behind this site as far as breaking razorback news.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!