Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My first trip to the Bud

Started by ALLVOL, February 05, 2009, 10:13:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ALLVOL

I thought it was a very nice arena and the fans were really into the game. Joses on the strip has possibly the most terrible mexican food on earth but pretty good Margaritas, I guess it is more to drink than eat. The half time show was to funny to make up. Changing clothes????

Now the game. The best way I can explain it is that it was an entertaining game to be so sloppy. Valentine should be publicly flogged and never be allowed to even watch a game much less officiate a game. The SEC has to much money to not get better officials. I think the officiating in the SEC hurts our teams once they get to the NCAA. No excuse SEC.
Both teams were smacking on a very high level. Sanchez slings his elbows and bumps all around him. Fortson is the fastest player on the planet but his Lebron wanna be intro chalk throw is lame. Clarke is messed up mentally and hesitates and also does not seem to be able to creat his own shot. Washington is a beast and is one of the top 3 (any order could be argued) players in the SEC. The Hog dance girls are very hot. All in all I enjoyed my short time there and wish I had more time before and after. The fans were classy as always, passionate but cool as hell. They went out of their way to be cool which is what I've come to expect.

HawgAdvocate

The halftime show was a group that was featured on America's Got Talent. I was surprised that they were as entertaining as they were.

Jose's swirl margaritas are what they're famous for, as well as their live music in the summer. The food, yeah, it's not that great.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

ALLVOL

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on February 05, 2009, 10:17:29 am
The halftime show was a group that was featured on America's Got Talent. I was surprised that they were as entertaining as they were.

Jose's swirl margaritas are what they're famous for, as well as their live music in the summer. The food, yeah, it's not that great.
I had a feeling it was more of a party joint after we got in there which is cool and every strip has those.
I pretty much only watch sports so I havent seen that show. I have just never seen a half time show like that at a college BB game. The Hog fans around me were laughing louder than I was and even appologized to me for the half time. Over all it was a very good experience and I look forward to going again.

ALLVOL

I meant to add that my prayers go out to you guys. I saw some of the damage the ice storm did. I hope you get things back to normal as soon as possible. Im sure it was much worse in the rural areas. God bless all of you on here and your friends who had damage.

HawgAdvocate

February 05, 2009, 10:38:11 am #4 Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:43:18 am by HawgAdvocate
Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 10:23:54 am
I had a feeling it was more of a party joint after we got in there which is cool and every strip has those.
I pretty much only watch sports so I havent seen that show. I have just never seen a half time show like that at a college BB game. The Hog fans around me were laughing louder than I was and even appologized to me for the half time. Over all it was a very good experience and I look forward to going again.

The new AD has reshuffled our marketing staff, and in doing so they've made a point to bring in different forms of entertainment to keep fans entertained. The team itself, and the decreasing season ticket sales, aren't enough anymore it seems. We had some bucket drummers from Chicago that came earlier this year. They were very entertaining as well.

In years past the halftime entertainment has always been the same thing, year in and year out: Dancing pom squad, musical chairs, band playing, and little else. It lacked a lot of creativity. We've got a new Double A minor league baseball team in town, and I think they're in-game promotions have forced the UofA to step their game up a little bit.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

cosmodrum

I agree with everything you said, ESPECIALLY about the refs. They are absolutely horrible.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Fayetteville.
Go away, batin'

ALLVOL

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 05, 2009, 10:40:43 am
I agree with everything you said, ESPECIALLY about the refs. They are absolutely horrible.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time in Fayetteville.
There is no excuse and if the SEC doesnt do anything about it perhaps all of us fans should get torches and pitchforks and storm the SECHQ. It's the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Ive been to football games there a couple of times and due to business actually watched some Football games in LR. Attending some Hogs events is one of the reasons I like the Hogs. Getting to visit with the fans and tailgating etc. Unless they play my VOLS I pull for them. The Bud was a nice place to watch a game. I hope one day we can have some of those banners y'all have hanging. LOL
I know we have a LONG, LONG way to go to even get close.

BigSexyHog

Got you enjoyed your visit and everyone was friendly to you.  Come back anytime, but next time you are going home with a big L :)
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Too bad the arena was barely half full.  Looked pathetic on TV.

Verge

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 10:13:34 am
I thought it was a very nice arena and the fans were really into the game. Joses on the strip has possibly the most terrible mexican food on earth but pretty good Margaritas, I guess it is more to drink than eat. The half time show was to funny to make up. Changing clothes????

Now the game. The best way I can explain it is that it was an entertaining game to be so sloppy. Valentine should be publicly flogged and never be allowed to even watch a game much less officiate a game. The SEC has to much money to not get better officials. I think the officiating in the SEC hurts our teams once they get to the NCAA. No excuse SEC.
Both teams were smacking on a very high level. Sanchez slings his elbows and bumps all around him. Fortson is the fastest player on the planet but his Lebron wanna be intro chalk throw is lame. Clarke is messed up mentally and hesitates and also does not seem to be able to creat his own shot. Washington is a beast and is one of the top 3 (any order could be argued) players in the SEC. The Hog dance girls are very hot. All in all I enjoyed my short time there and wish I had more time before and after. The fans were classy as always, passionate but cool as hell. They went out of their way to be cool which is what I've come to expect.

I was in the middle of volunteer nation up in the upper deck. All the guys in orange were very nice to me... Some idiot behind us kept yelling "cheeseburger" over and over.... not a good representation :(

cosmodrum

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 05, 2009, 10:48:12 am
There is no excuse and if the SEC doesnt do anything about it perhaps all of us fans should get torches and pitchforks and storm the SECHQ. It's the dumbest thing I have ever seen.

Ive been to football games there a couple of times and due to business actually watched some Football games in LR. Attending some Hogs events is one of the reasons I like the Hogs. Getting to visit with the fans and tailgating etc. Unless they play my VOLS I pull for them. The Bud was a nice place to watch a game. I hope one day we can have some of those banners y'all have hanging. LOL
I know we have a LONG, LONG way to go to even get close.

I don't know about pitchforks...but you should know how we like to fly banners of a different sort. lol

Maybe Mike Slive deserves his very own banner?  :P
Go away, batin'

ALLVOL

Quote from: BigSexyHog on February 05, 2009, 12:08:26 pm
Got you enjoyed your visit and everyone was friendly to you.  Come back anytime, but next time you are going home with a big L :)
I expect nothing else pard...

ALLVOL

Quote from: abostian on February 05, 2009, 12:10:17 pm
Too bad the arena was barely half full.  Looked pathetic on TV.
It was pretty much full by Halftime and really upbeat. 

ALLVOL

Quote from: Verge on February 05, 2009, 12:16:41 pm
I was in the middle of volunteer nation up in the upper deck. All the guys in orange were very nice to me... Some idiot behind us kept yelling "cheeseburger" over and over.... not a good representation :(
A little good hearted ribbing is part of the experience. We had some of that but nothing out of line. All in all a great College atmosphere, I think the best in the SEC.

ALLVOL

Quote from: cosmodrum on February 05, 2009, 01:17:34 pm
I don't know about pitchforks...but you should know how we like to fly banners of a different sort. lol

Maybe Mike Slive deserves his very own banner?  :P
I will pitch in some coin for that my friend... I really think the officiating hurts our teams in the NCAA.