Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What happened to that walk-on that played in the Northwestern St. game?

Started by Hogtropolis™, February 05, 2009, 06:37:39 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogtropolis™

He was the little PG that played about the last 4 minutes or so.

That's the only game I've ever seen him.  I don't even recall seeing him on the bench after that game (or before it).

Hogtropolis™

Out of all the insiders on this board no one knows who I am talking about?

I just thought that it was very odd that he was on the team for one game.  What was the deal?

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 05, 2009, 03:06:36 pm
Are you talking about Nick Mason?
Yep.  That was the kids name.  I couldn't think of it.  You know what happened to him?  Why did he walk on for such a short time?

yraciv

I'm not positive, but he could still be practicing with them. He is still on the websites roster. Noland has been practicing with them all season, but didn't get to dress out till a couple games in.  It may be a similar situation, and Pel just doesn't bother to let him dress.  Maybe just uses him as an extra body in practice.

Hogtropolis™

Thanks guys.  I was just wondering this.  I got to counting total players on each bench last night and we had 11 and Tennessee had 16 I think.  I heard on the radio the other morning that Kentucky dresses 19 players out for each game.

Anyway, that just got me to wondering about Nick Mason.  Thanks for your help.

Smokehouse

Mason came out on the court that time they had all the athletes with good GPAs being recognized... I thought it was odd at the time that he came out of the student section to be honored for being on the basketball team.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.