Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Had To Get It Off My Chest!

Started by doverhog, February 05, 2009, 12:48:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

doverhog

The coach we wanted (Billy G) has had his problems this year. Ky lost at home to VMI, & Miami, then went on the road and lost to North Carolina and Louisville, both ranked. Then SEC play started and Ky lost at Ole Miss, lost at home to South Carolina and then at Miss St.

Does this mean BG can't coach? Well, if you look at what he did in his first two coaching jobs you have to believe he is not a good coach but a GREAT coach.

Florida has one of the best coaches in America and the titles to prove it. But Florida has lost at South Carolina and TN. They also lost at Syracuse and Florida State.

Great coaches loss sometimes and sometimes it's because they don't have the better players. But sometimes it's because the other team just had a great night. Or a player had a great night. Or maybe the "coach" had a mental.

Is John Pelphrey a GREAT coach or just a good coach. I don't think that's known yet.

But this I do know!

After watching Nolan the 1st two years I thought he was a "roll it out and let'em run and shoot" coach that was over his head in the BIG TIME. And he was a NIT win over ASU from being fired. Think about that! What would we be talking about now if that had happened?

After watching his teams play 40 minutes of hell for years, I got so sick watching Stan's teams play I wanted to throw up after every game. But I still watched because they weren't really Stan's team, they were MY TEAM. The Arkansas Razorbacks!

Then we wanted several GREAT coaches that didn't want us .... except one that wanted us for close to 24 hours. Then Pelphrey not only WANTED the Arkansas job, he wanted the whole thing. The tradition, the whole ball of wax! He was excited!

And now I get excited watching Pel's team because win or loss, they are exciting. (Shoot, I'd buy a ticket just to watch Pel's many faces.) They are very young and until they find they're groove, they are going to be up and down. I see a team that is working it's tail off every game, especially the last few games. Sooner (I wish) or later they will start to win. Yes they need a couple of pieces still. But when Nolan Richardson said, "I like this team, just give them a little time", something he never said about Heath's teams, it was good enough for me.

I hate losing! Hate it! But I'm still hanging onto the rope. Young teams make mistakes, but they get better.

And one last thing. We are having to start freshmen this year because of what happened in the past. But unless we can get some really super players next year, we have to very choosy as to who we bring in. Because the reason all these GREAT coaches are coming into Arkansas this year to speak at the Tip Off or whatever, is not because they just like spending time in our great state. It's because of that up coming class of "once every 20 years" of talented basketball players in state.

Only team in the SEC this year to have a win over not one top 25 team but two, the only team to beat the Oklahoma Sooners this year........

That's RIGHT!

The ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS!

GO HOGS!

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

Hogger

+1 karma for you! 

This year has been gut-wrenching to say the least!  Kinda like watching your kid's first band recital.  So proud.  Yet, you want them to get better, SOON!!!  :razorback:

arkiehog1

+1 - excellent post and I agree. Give the kids some time to grow.    :razorback:
If you want to go to Heaven and walk the streets of gold. You have to know the password is -----
Go Hogs Go

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Hog33

Even better the Miss. State loss was at RUPP not on the road.