Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lane Kiffin

Started by Cinco de Hogo, October 12, 2017, 01:21:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 15, 2017, 11:46:15 am
Name a NCAA investigation about/surrounding Kiffin.

What part of "waiting to happen" is vague? 

He's committed violations in the past that he basically snickered at.  Had he stayed at UT more than a season, he'd have had them on probation.  One of the reasons UT hired Dooley was to clean up Kiffin's mess. 
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

TrueBlue

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 15, 2017, 11:48:31 am
What part of "waiting to happen" is vague? 

He's committed violations in the past that he basically snickered at.  Had he stayed at UT more than a season, he'd have had them on probation.  One of the reasons UT hired Dooley was to clean up Kiffin's mess. 

Vague??? You said it again. He committed violations. Which ones???? You must not understand yourself when you speak.

And No Tennessee hired Dooley because they were idiots. Had nothing to do with a "mess".

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: TrueBlue on November 15, 2017, 11:52:11 am
Vague??? You said it again. He committed violations. Which ones???? You must not understand yourself when you speak.

And No Tennessee hired Dooley because they were idiots. Had nothing to do with a "mess".

The reckless way that Kiffin approached recruiting at UT is not a secret.  It was very public and I believe he had ten specific violations that were cited during his tenure.  Most were along the lines of impermissible calls, contact, etc.  Again, it was well publicized when it happened.

When Kiffin left, he did leave a mess.  Half of his one recruiting class turned out to be thugs and the culture had gotten out of hand.  Sure, Dooley was an idiot, but one of the mandates when he was hired was that he clean up the mess and improve the culture.  I live in Tennessee and followed all of that very closely.

Kiffin may have a great offensive mind, but his character is not what we want.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on November 15, 2017, 12:10:38 pm
The reckless way that Kiffin approached recruiting at UT is not a secret.  It was very public and I believe he had ten specific violations that were cited during his tenure.  Most were along the lines of impermissible calls, contact, etc.  Again, it was well publicized when it happened.

When Kiffin left, he did leave a mess.  Half of his one recruiting class turned out to be thugs and the culture had gotten out of hand.  Sure, Dooley was an idiot, but one of the mandates when he was hired was that he clean up the mess and improve the culture.  I live in Tennessee and followed all of that very closely.

Kiffin may have a great offensive mind, but his character is not what we want.

This is waaaaaaaaaay overly dramatic.  The guy is a winner and has grown up since he was a 30-year-old head coach in the SEC.  He has that experience to draw from, as well as time under the best college football coach in our lifetimes (ever?).  He is innovative and successful.  His "character issues" are overblown.  We would do very well to take a chance on him before someone else does.  He will win big at his next stop at a power 5 school.  Might as well be us.

Justifiable Hogicide

With Long gone, Kiffin may be considered now. He certainly should be at least.

Smashmouth2004

I would seriously look at Kiffin!

The Kig

He's a hell of a coach...still maybe a bit immature.   Culturally, I don't think he would be a good fit, but that's the only reason I wouldn't hire him.
Poker Porker

TrueBlue

We can play it safe and go conservative and be average.

Or we can take a chance to be great and a threat in the West and hire Kiffin.