Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Did Hammonds have or did he not have

Started by Piggfoot, November 05, 2017, 10:00:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Piggfoot

Meniscus surgery in August this year. If so he could have been required to avoid walking for 1-6 weeks with or without crutches depending on the degree of injury. If he did injure the knee I would expect that he missed a great deal of practice as a wide receiver.
I don't think anyone could have predicted the loss of two of our three running backs.
The plan to have Hammonds at WR along with our three running backs did not work out. Thank Goodness for the SC transfer.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

rtr

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 05, 2017, 10:00:42 pm
Meniscus surgery in August this year. If so he could have been required to avoid walking for 1-6 weeks with or without crutches depending on the degree of injury. If he did injure the knee I would expect that he missed a great deal of practice as a wide receiver.
I don't think anyone could have predicted the loss of two of our three running backs.
The plan to have Hammonds at WR along with our three running backs did not work out. Thank Goodness for the SC transfer.
More excuses. Your logic fails you completely.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

hogginbama

Quote from: rtr on November 05, 2017, 10:02:35 pm
More excuses. Your logic fails you completely.

How is that an "excuse"? The OP asked a question, probably in search of why Hammonds hasn't seen more action than he has this year. Of course, his question and probable answer wouldn't fit the agenda of everyone on the board, so carry on.
My ole buddy Biscuit has crossed that rainbow bridge. Life sure is different without him around.

hoglady

Yes he did have surgery.
The reason he didn't know the plays at RB is because they moved him from RB to WR in the spring.
When Hayden got hurt / they moved him back to RB and he had to learn the plays at that position in 1 week.

He came back from the knee injury after the 1st game of the season I believe. He was just buried on the WR depth chart and was only getting in a few plays a game. If Hayden doesn't get hurt - he'd still be at WR getting 0 to 2 touches a game.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

azhog10

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 05, 2017, 10:00:42 pm
Have you torn a meniscus and had surgery? If he wasn't put 6 months it means they just cut the torn peice of meniscus. I had surgery and was walking that day. Was playing basketball in less than a week.

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Sow Lancelot

"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Pigasaurus

Blocking ability is part of the equation. More to the position than outrunning everybody. Right or wrong,  may have been part of the decision not to play him.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Yeah, those fast Kids often just cannot learn to block.  It appears they were trying to teach TJ to learn 2 different positions but him being weak minded and all, I mean, couldn't learn to block, ya know, so he just couldn't get on the field.  The situation was likely made even worse because we had so many players who were blocking so perfectly.

Oh and I forgot, when football players suffer knee injuries, it is nearly impossible to set them down and require them to watch hours of tape showing those perfect blocking skills over and over and over.  It seems that showing Guys getting blocked just makes them more aware of their unfortunate injury and it doesn't heal properly.  We always get screwed.  I bet the SEC and NCAA gurus caused this.

IronHog

Quote from: pigasaurus on November 06, 2017, 05:40:22 am
Blocking ability is part of the equation. More to the position than outrunning everybody. Right or wrong,  may have been part of the decision not to play him.

Or maybe just maybe this staff plays favorites
Iron sharpens iron, So one man sharpens another.

jgphillips3

If blocking ability is part of the equation, how the hell is anybody getting playing time?  There is no blocking going on.  Backs who supposedly block well are not even chipping a guy in passing, TE's seem to also completely ignore free rushers at times.  The Oline...well...the Oline...

If Hammonds was well enough to play WR, he was well enough to get snaps at RB.  He has been misused since last year.  It's just obvious.  This staff has is absolutely horrid at determining who their "gamers" are.

EastTNHog

I think it's personal with CBB. Maybe TJH has had a less than great attitude about standing on the sidelines, and CBB finds that attitude too common for his program. I think CBB is a little upset that TJH is such a beast.

hoglady

I understand your point.
But still - it's quite obvious Hammonds is THE playmaker on this team. A player when in a little bit of space can take it to the house. I don't care how you have to do it - but he touches the ball multiple times every single game.
And why of all our players did Hammonds NEVER practice a screen play - as in NEVER.
Yet, he ran the play he had never practiced in the game and took it for a touchdown.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

ifghog

Quote from: azhog10 on November 05, 2017, 10:20:32 pm
Have you torn a meniscus and had surgery? If he wasn't put 6 months it means they just cut the torn peice of meniscus. I had surgery and was walking that day. Was playing basketball in less than a week.

ricepig

Quote from: hoglady on November 05, 2017, 10:16:19 pm
Yes he did have surgery.
The reason he didn't know the plays at RB is because they moved him from RB to WR in the spring.
When Hayden got hurt / they moved him back to RB and he had to learn the plays at that position in 1 week.

He came back from the knee injury after the 1st game of the season I believe. He was just buried on the WR depth chart and was only getting in a few plays a game. If Hayden doesn't get hurt - he'd still be at WR getting 0 to 2 touches a game.

He also was injured in practice and in a walking boot during one week.

hoglady

Quote from: ricepig on November 06, 2017, 08:02:01 am
He also was injured in practice and in a walking boot during one week.

I know.
But the point is until the last 2 weeks - the games Hammonds has been available has resulted in few if any  touches. He's really the only explosive player we have - when healthy and available he should have been getting the ball more. Getting him the ball - hasn't seemed to be a priority for this staff. And I still think if Hayden hadn't gotten hurt - TJ would still be buried on the bench for the most part.

Piggfoot

Quote from: ifghog on November 06, 2017, 07:49:01 am

That may be true with a endoscopic partial menisectomy. The injury is not the same for all and the recovery time is varible.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

The Hawg Marshal

And he's still 3rd on the depth chart for LSU.

McBain

He didn't play as a freshman either.  When he was not hurt.