Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hill Not Visiting per RD

Started by ImHogginIt, January 30, 2015, 11:07:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Quote from: Jim Harris on January 30, 2015, 12:27:07 pm
I bet it will be the last time he announces anything or makes any speeches there.
What happens if he becomes an all american, pro bowler and a pro football hall of famer?  Arkansas will not induct him? 

mizzouman

greenie

I'm more upset we didn't get Porter Gustin than I am about not getting Hill.  We had about the same chance for both.

ArkRazr

Quote from: COCHISE on January 30, 2015, 12:28:42 pm
10. Drew Morgan. And you're right, we lost absolutely no one in the receiving corp and will be seeing some additional talent on the field this year, namely Jojo. Add in Pettway and Stewart and Jones in next year's class, WR is a position we're looking good in. That being said, still would have like to get Hill.

Really looking forward to Keon, he will be our number one reciever again this year, hopefully a break out year for him. I'm also excited to see what jojo has in store. The tight end class is really something special.

twistitup

I've got a second cousin that's pissed off about this
How you gonna win when you ain't right within?

Here I am again mixing misery and gin....

1hogfan

If that happens, they might induct him, but there probably won't be a crowd to witness it.

forrest city joe

Quote from: mizzouman on January 30, 2015, 12:21:49 pm
This is the most selfish, childish post I have seen in a long time. 
Maybe it is. but it is how i feel. im not a fake man. what you see is what you get.

Razorpigg

Quote from: Cresthog on January 30, 2015, 12:25:12 pm
I think you mean "couldn't".

At least get it right when talking trash to people you have never met and have no idea what their situation is.

Thank you Mrs. English professor....

I know the situation, and chose to say whatever in the hell I wanted to.  I didn't/don't need your permission this time nor any other.  Go do your hair or something....

HawgTide

Quote from: Großer Kriegschwein on January 30, 2015, 11:57:38 am
I'm gonna call it for Alabama. Way too much going on with that visit.

It would be funny if he tried to commit to Bama and they didn't have a spot for him. They already have 25 or 26 commits and are in a lot of others bigger than KJ.

He's OSU bound to play for Urban Cryer

PorkRinds

Quote from: grayhawg on January 30, 2015, 12:28:48 pm
Have you checked some of the 2016 recruits twitter?

Nope.  Fill me in.

BigSexyHog

KJ and his step daddy are made for each other.  Maybe step daddy will enjoy a new job at whatever school he picks.
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

lasthog

Quote from: MFG on January 30, 2015, 12:28:55 pm
Yikes at this thread.

If some of you "adults," are this worked up over a 17-18 year olds decision, you need to find a new hobby or interest.

Man, are you ever right!! I am not reading this thread, let alone posting on it...oh wait.

HogCard

Don't fret.  There are a lot of guys that run fast and catch a football.  There are a lot of guys that can grab a hand off and run fast as well.  But neither happens if you don't have the recipe for success which starts in the trenches.  Based on what I'm seeing we will be alright.

ArmyOfnobunaga

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 30, 2015, 12:33:34 pm
Maybe it is. but it is how i feel. im not a fake man. what you see is what you get.

Message boards are suppose to be a place to share opinions. While I don't agree with yours in this instance ,because I don't care if hill fails OR succeeds now, I find real opinions rather than group thought refreshing.

That's either a really long sentence or a really incorrect sentence.

So many time today people on messag boards tell you how you should feel or what the correct opinion should be....... Fake stuff
There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so.     -Some guy named Will

Dropkick

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on January 30, 2015, 12:37:08 pm
Message boards are suppose to be a place to share opinions. While I don't agree with yours in this instance ,because I don't care if hill fails OR succeeds now, I find real opinions rather than group thought refreshing.

[/b]
So many time today people on messag boards tell you how you should feel or what the correct opinion should be....... Fake stuff
Don't worry, someone will correct you if it isn't perfect.

forrest city joe

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on January 30, 2015, 12:37:08 pm

+1000. nothing wrong with your statement. even if we disagree.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 30, 2015, 12:35:26 pm
Nope.  Fill me in.

I'm sure that journey would be fun, not the recruits, him describing the conversations.

yraciv

Quote from: Uncommon on January 30, 2015, 11:35:09 am
Appreciate your optimism as I'm optimistic most times as well but this one is in the books.  Let's finish with Jackson, King, Scott, and Weathersby and call it a class.

I'm hardly optimistic about it and think it's a done deal like all of you. I was just trying to point out the not visiting thing isn't what I'd consider the final blow. I had him at probably 10% before this and 5% now.

Nosboar Accubond

Pork Twain

Quote from: JaketheSnake on January 30, 2015, 11:14:53 am
This is why Hog fans get the reputation of being idiots. 
For sure...  Ohio St and Bama are pretty great schools to go to, no matter where you are from.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Dropkick

From this point forward let's focus on the "real" KJ. Kendrick Jackson!

PonderinHog

Quote from: twistitup on January 30, 2015, 12:32:06 pm
I've got a second cousin that's pissed off about this
Kids' kids will be kids.

GEO-HOG

Quote from: HogCard on January 30, 2015, 12:37:00 pm
Don't fret.  There are a lot of guys that run fast and catch a football.  There are a lot of guys that can grab a hand off and run fast as well.  But neither happens if you don't have the recipe for success which starts in the trenches.  Based on what I'm seeing we will be alright.

Like your post.

discombobulationist

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on January 30, 2015, 12:28:38 pm
Anyone upset with this has had their head in the sand for a month. We have the receivers on campus and in 2016 where we do not need hill. Yes I said it and I'm correct. We need more 5 year linebackers on campus in my opinion.

I have a hard time getting fired up about losing a receiver. We've got so many stud TEs, and a couple of receivers already that are going to be solid. If this was Petrino's offense maybe I could care more, but right now I don't think we really need KJ.
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on September 05, 2014, 02:17:08 pmISIS could be overrunning your city and Rick would talk about how nice it is to have new neighbors.

duckman

Quote from: Cresthog on January 30, 2015, 12:27:13 pm
Oh you again.

Didn't you get your cryptic, one liner, insider license revoked during the last coaching hire?

At least provide some backdrop to gain back credibility, otherwise why post this nonsense like you did during the last coaching search?

If you can't deduce that by looking at the situation then your powers of perception are questionable.

hogcard1964

Quote from: HawgTide on January 30, 2015, 12:34:37 pm
It would be funny if he tried to commit to Bama and they didn't have a spot for him. They already have 25 or 26 commits and are in a lot of others bigger than KJ.

He's OSU bound to play for Urban Cryer

Disagree

I still think he's a Hog.  Let's at least wait until tomorrow.

HogAlum99

Quote from: yraciv on January 30, 2015, 11:26:42 am
Best of luck to KJ. He is a great player and will succeed wherever he goes.  I will be disappointed when he signs with another program, but I can't fault a student athlete who had other fantastic options on the table.

To the ignorant fans that choose to negatively tweet him about this and spew your nonsense on a message board, get a life!  Football is a game and where he chooses to college only effect him and not any of you.  We will have 25 other guys in this class that want to be Hogs and will give their all to positively impact our team. Give them praise in stead of being bitter about the one's that get away. Arkansas football is bigger then one recruit and we'll easily fill his spot.  As for KJ, Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are two of the best coaches out there at leading young men and he's a bright enough young guy that I don't think he'll have any problem succeeding under them.

Agree with everything stated above, except GOOD LUCK! He didn't commit to UA, so as far as I'm concerned, I really don't care if he ever sees the field wherever he ends up! I'm for Hogs, not individuals. You're either for us or against us!

HawgTrough

Quote from: YodaHog on January 30, 2015, 11:23:37 am
Seems like he 'committed' to us in August to take pressure off him during his Sr season, knowing he was never coming.
the home state might honor his scholly offer if he were injured. Bama or tOSU would have kicked him to the curb. I feel used
WPS

Hawgzinbowlz

If we are blessed with K.J.s attendance at Arkansas we are also blessed with the participation of family members for the duration of his time here.

" GO HOGS "

collegestationhog

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 30, 2015, 12:50:48 pm
Disagree

I love your optimism,  but there is no way he is a Hog. Nothing is gonna happen tomorrow to change that.

Bebop

Not being a person of his word, I believe he still may commit to us. 8)

rusvegashog

I've followed very very little of this whole charade. Having said that I still wish he would call the Hogs cause he's super talented and an Arkansan. But truthfully i'm MUCH more upset about losing K Allen to Donovan and the Gators. I wonder if they don't both end up there.

HogCard

Quote from: GEO-HOG on January 30, 2015, 12:46:59 pm
Like your post.

Thanks.  Do I hate losing KJ?  Sure, only because he is an in-state kid. 

But I really feel like we are going to be ok.  For years now we know we have gotten beat in the trenches, both offense and defense.  To be successful on offense you have to make sure the opposition has no idea what is coming next.  To create that, you have win in the trenches.  We stated to see some of that this year for the first time in a long time.  The rest will take care of itself.

BadHog

Quote from: Dropkick on January 30, 2015, 12:43:16 pm
From this point forward let's focus on the "real" KJ. Kendrick Jackson!

YES!
Bring it Kendrick!!! Be a HOG!
"Rumors are started by haters, spread by the fools and accepted by idiots."

Hog N Bama

Let's don't jump the gun. He hasn't announced a decision yet has he?

HogFoo

Quote from: ArmyOfnobunaga on January 30, 2015, 12:28:38 pm
Anyone upset with this has had their head in the sand for a month. We have the receivers on campus and in 2016 where we do not need hill. Yes I said it and I'm correct. We need more 5 year linebackers on campus in my opinion.
totally agree!   We have receivers already.  we need more Big LBS that are in the film room as much as Spaight was the last 2yrs!
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Amityvillehogger

No matter if Hill is a Hog or not, I know we are headed for better things. I see the process that is happening before our eyes. We are watching young boys turn into great men. On the field, in the classroom, and outside the public eye. These student athletes are being taught the right way. The uncommon way. We've been through a lot as a fanbase the last few years and that is going to make the end result so much sweeter. I don't wish ill will on any kid that doesn't want to be a hog. They have to make the best decision for them. I wouldn't push my kid to be a Hog just because I'm a DIEHARD. Even though I'd maybe, nudge really hard. :D

I do know this. I've never been more proud of the way my favorite program is being run. Doing things the right way. Going to class, staying out of trouble, and getting a degree. And they've made great strides on the football field. We will get those missing pieces. The best is yet to come!

Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 30, 2015, 12:50:48 pm
Disagree

There were people on here on NSD last year who kept telling folks Josh Frazier was a Hog.it's your choice and right to believe whatever you want.but reality is reality.

varrichione

Just another view on this.  Maybe he doesn't need to visit, because he's been there before.  It's a possibility.

duckman

Quote from: HogFoo on January 30, 2015, 12:59:04 pm
totally agree!   We have receivers already.  we need more Big LBS that are in the film room as much as Spaight was the last 2yrs!

THIS x 1000 ^^^^^^

Talanon

I too am sick of all the wish you luck stuff. You had the opportunity to be a hog and chose a different route? That's fine. I wish you would have stayed and played for us but now that your going elsewhere, I don't wish you good luck. I wish you horrible luck. I don't want you to get hurt or anything but I seriously hope you never catch a football again as long as you live.
If you wish to make a man your enemy, tell him simply, "You are wrong." This method works every time. -Henry Link

RyeHogFan

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 30, 2015, 11:49:11 am
I said it about Frazier,Dyer and Tenpenny, and will say it about KJ Hill. (and i got bashed for saying it) if you leave this state and you have a Razorback offer. i hope you fail. and don't even think about trying to come back and be a Razorback if things don't work out. you only get one shot to be a hog. and coach B agrees with me on this.(see Michael Dyer)coach B said it best. if you leave, you are not welcome back here. wish someone would pull up that sound bite. i will never wish players well who say no to the Razorbacks. GO HOGS.

I'm right there with ya Joe. We typically average 3 4 - star players in our state. This was a banner year with a whopping 5 (according to rivals). It sucks that each of the past few years or so, a daggum team from the state of Alabama has gotten our top player. You'd think that Saban would be taking his pick of the litter from talent - rich states like Florida and Georgia, maybe a few in eastern Mississippi and of course the hometown boys there in Alabama, but no, each year he is spending a good amount of time and energy getting the best player from a state that doesn't have many to give. As for the players who not only leave Arkansas,  but choose to go to a team in our own division, then truly...good riddance.

Wildhog

Quote from: RyeHogFan on January 30, 2015, 01:03:00 pm
I'm right there with ya Joe. We typically average 3 4 - star players in our state. This was a banner year with a whopping 5 (according to rivals). It sucks that each of the past few years or so, a daggum team from the state of Alabama has gotten our top player. You'd think that Saban would be taking his pick of the litter from talent - rich states like Florida and Georgia, maybe a few in eastern Mississippi and of course the hometown boys there in Alabama, but no, each year he is spending a good amount of time and energy getting the best player from a state that doesn't have many to give. As for the players who not only leave Arkansas,  but choose to go to a team in our own division, then truly...good riddance.

Just FYI- Rivals has us with seven 4-stars.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

go hogues

Quote from: yraciv on January 30, 2015, 11:26:42 am
Best of luck to KJ. He is a great player and will succeed wherever he goes.  I will be disappointed when he signs with another program, but I can't fault a student athlete who had other fantastic options on the table.

To the ignorant fans that choose to negatively tweet him about this and spew your nonsense on a message board, get a life!  Football is a game and where he chooses to college only effect him and not any of you.  We will have 25 other guys in this class that want to be Hogs and will give their all to positively impact our team. Give them praise in stead of being bitter about the one's that get away. Arkansas football is bigger then one recruit and we'll easily fill his spot.  As for KJ, Urban Meyer and Nick Saban are two of the best coaches out there at leading young men and he's a bright enough young guy that I don't think he'll have any problem succeeding under them.
/Thread
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

HogCard

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 30, 2015, 12:59:40 pm
No matter if Hill is a Hog or not, I know we are headed for better things. I see the process that is happening before our eyes. We are watching young boys turn into great men. On the field, in the classroom, and outside the public eye. These student athletes are being taught the right way. The uncommon way. We've been through a lot as a fanbase the last few years and that is going to make the end result so much sweeter. I don't wish ill will on any kid that doesn't want to be a hog. They have to make the best decision for them. I wouldn't push my kid to be a Hog just because I'm a DIEHARD. Even though I'd maybe, nudge really hard. :D

I do know this. I've never been more proud of the way my favorite program is being run. Doing things the right way. Going to class, staying out of trouble, and getting a degree. And they've made great strides on the football field. We will get those missing pieces. The best is yet to come!

Preach it brother!

Boarmonger

Quote from: LRrazorback on January 30, 2015, 11:34:20 am
However, still would like him

Alex Collins.  Don't get much more drama than that.

The Boar War

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 30, 2015, 11:59:43 am
Coley/Gaines are licking their chops!

For late hits out of bounds?  This guy isn't playing next year.

RazorPiggie

Razinhail

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on January 30, 2015, 12:59:40 pm

+1
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

mr_v8horsepower

10cents made a spot on the bench for him.  NEXT!!!!