Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

SDS article says KJ visiting The Hill this weekend

Started by Nosboar Accubond, January 29, 2015, 11:29:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HogFoo

Quote from: ARpjfan on January 30, 2015, 10:24:49 am
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.  You are saying the kid doesn't want to be great if he goes to tOSU or Bama, but he does if he comes to Arkansas?  Believe me, being the best WR at Arkansas is not being in the spotlight, it's being a guy known in F'ville.  Going to tOSU or Bama is the kid saying "I'm the man and I'm going to play with the best and rise to the top" then he is in the spotlight.  Everyone in the country knows the name of the best WR at tOSU or Bama.  Coming to Arkansas is the easy way out, the way of saying I don't have what it takes to be the best, so I'll go somewhere that I am not am just better than the nothing they already have. 

Tenpenny didn't make it because of his off the field issues.  Seen that happen to countless kids over the years.  Doesn't matter what you can do on the field if you aren't doing what you are supposed to off of it.
Dude, you said PWJ wrote one of the dumbest things you ever wrote. Yet you type something( im sure will be pointed out by many) that's the dumbest thing ive ever read. 

Plain and simple. If the kid or any kid has talent it will be found at pretty much any school they attend, and they will be a known name by many. That's just reality.  I mean, I don't know any of the kids names at tattooU.    I only know the name of the kid at bama because we played against him and he had talent.  If KJ comes here and shows the same kind of talent, he'll be in the national spotlight just like anyone from any other school.  That too is just reality.     
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

Ā 

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: DeltaBoy on January 30, 2015, 09:47:32 am
Keep hearing he coming to meet the New OC and we will have to wait and see. I am upset folks from our state have given him such a hard time over this.

If an Arkansas kid with an Arkansas offer chooses to go elsewhere then he deserves everything he gets...that being said, KJ hasn't publicly stated that he's headed elsewhere yet

jry04

Quote from: YodaHog on January 30, 2015, 10:49:23 am
??

http://ohiostate.247sports.com/Bolt/Four-Star-Wide-Receiver-Hill-Will-Take-One-More-Official-Visit-35199592
Saw that too. It is either Arkansas or Ole Miss. KJ told Bama he was not going anywhere, though. Maybe our staff convinced him to visit after we visited him yesterday.

MH04

I'm not a VIP on the site but there were only three teams tagged in the article Ohio State, bama, and Arkansas

870hogfan

Quote from: jry04 on January 30, 2015, 10:55:40 am
Saw that too. It is either Arkansas or Ole Miss. KJ told Bama he was not going anywhere, though. Maybe our staff convinced him to visit after we visited him yesterday.

It's Arkansas.

pondwater jack

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

HogFoo

If KJ comes in for a visit.  I think that he will be a hog.  having his buddy Will putting the full court press on him along with the other guys I think will sway him back to being fully committed to being a razorback.   but, we'll see.
Basketball is back, baseball always, football was a dumpster fire once again..... but as the phoenix rose from the ashes, BMF Petrino has risen again!!! Lots to look forward to.  <br /><br />As the rain falls, I realize, that some where out there, some one, is wearing a mask while they shower............

jry04

RD just tweeted KJ will NOT visit the hogs this week.

PorkRinds

pondwater jack

Quote from: ARpjfan on January 30, 2015, 10:24:49 am
This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read.  You are saying the kid doesn't want to be great if he goes to tOSU or Bama, but he does if he comes to Arkansas?  Believe me, being the best WR at Arkansas is not being in the spotlight, it's being a guy known in F'ville.  Going to tOSU or Bama is the kid saying "I'm the man and I'm going to play with the best and rise to the top" then he is in the spotlight.  Everyone in the country knows the name of the best WR at tOSU or Bama.  Coming to Arkansas is the easy way out, the way of saying I don't have what it takes to be the best, so I'll go somewhere that I am not am just better than the nothing they already have. 

Tenpenny didn't make it because of his off the field issues.  Seen that happen to countless kids over the years.  Doesn't matter what you can do on the field if you aren't doing what you are supposed to off of it.
you're missing my point. If he comes to Arkansas he's instantly in the spotlight with every fan all over the state wondering and questioning why Bielema isn't playing him immediately. If he goes to OSU or Bama he's that kid that came into play receiver from Arkansas that may or may not pan out. He's not an instant celebrity like he is if he comes here. Some kids can't handle being an instant celebrity. Especially at 18 years old. There is stress involved with that. If he's good will he eventually be a star? Yes. Will he be in the spotlight? Yes. But not immediately. That is all I'm saying. And I don't fault the kid thats 18 for not wanting to be the center of attention for every fan the second he walks out of high school. Because that's not a normal life.
Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLineā„¢ on February 13, 2015, 07:56:19 am
I cry at the thought of our creator looking down from on high relishing in two of his more majestic creations (Jack Blasingame and Mike Irwin) pulling together for the benefit of all razorback nation. Neigh..! mankind...
Quote from: Fort Dweller on February 14, 2015, 10:04:29 pm
And they slowly slink back to their holes.  Well done Madden and Watkins.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22