Started by hogville38, January 29, 2015, 10:39:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Nosboar Accubond

Agreed he is my #1 wish list recruit

Huckleberry Pig

rwspear

unless hes visiting both houston and ole miss this weekend, 247 is wrong

Music City Hog

the two LSU writers made crystal ball picks to LSU today.  Could be homerism or we may have some NSD drama after all.   Hope he ends up a Hog.

RD just said he's not as confident.

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on February 01, 2015, 12:57:31 pm
the two LSU writers made crystal ball picks to LSU today.  Could be homerism or we may have some NSD drama after all.   Hope he ends up a Hog.

Yep, just noticed that, 3 picks today, fwiw.

Potosihog

RD just said he is not as optimistic as he was.  Man this would be a heartbreak.

Music City Hog

Didn't see RDs update. My bad.

Not looking good.

Potosihog

Auto incorrect got me on his name.

hoglady

His Mom visited LSU with him but didn't come to Arkansas,
That's been concerning.
Not looking good - coaches did all they could I'm sure.
It's tough to beat out LSU.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

davispard

Quote from: Potosihog on February 01, 2015, 12:58:39 pm
RD just said he is not as optimistic as he was.  Man this would be a heartbreak.
May be boiling down to the fact that Momma went to LSwho and not to Fayetteville??  JMO...

secneahog

It's a close race..what's there to say?
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

GrizzlyRider07

The thing that helps LSU is the fact that he can come in and maybe start as a freshman there, where if he comes here that isn't a guarantee here and he'd most likely redshirt. We have alot of depth at the oline but not so much at lsu.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

secneahog

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on February 01, 2015, 01:27:09 pm
The thing that helps LSU is the fact that he can come in and maybe start as a freshman there, where if he comes here that isn't a guarantee here and he'd most likely redshirt. We have alot of depth at the oline but not so much at lsu.

They have 3 tackles already committed. .
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Wildhog

Quote from: secneahog on February 01, 2015, 01:29:35 pm
They have 3 tackles already committed. .

And probably the best OL recruiter in the country. 

I appreciate the eternal optimism, but there's legitimate cause for some concern, too.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Piney Woods Rooter

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on February 01, 2015, 01:27:09 pm
so if LSWho  has more depth on the OLine the. What makes early playing time the deciding factor sounds like your contradicting yourself.

870hogfan

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2015, 01:31:40 pm
And probably the best OL recruiter in the country. 

I appreciate the eternal optimism, but there's legitimate cause for some concern, too.

I rather have Pittman....

arlhog

lsu is a cool place to go to school,  but can't imagine he'd really rather play for miles over cbb.   maybe a playing time thing, new car thing or something like that.

Wildhog

Quote from: 870hogfan on February 01, 2015, 01:36:45 pm

I rather have Pittman....

I love Pittman, too.  We should build him a fricking statue in front of the Stadium.

However, can we not objectively discuss other coaching staffs without taking it as an affront against our own?  Is that really too much to ask?

This will be a battle.  And our recruiting guys' feelings will probably change 50 more times between now and Wednesday.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

Qhog

Distance?  Who knows.  He's kept it all very close to the vest, so we're just doing what we do.. 

GrizzlyRider07

Quote from: Hogless on February 01, 2015, 01:32:01 pm
so if LSWho  has more depth on the OLine the. What makes early playing time the deciding factor sounds like your contradicting yourself.
reread my statement. I said lsu DOESN'T have alot of depth.
Dont Talk, Just Act.
Don't Say, Just Show.
Don't Promise, Just Prove!

ricepig

Quote from: GrizzlyRider07 on February 01, 2015, 01:39:43 pm
reread my statement. I said lsu DOESN'T have alot of depth.

Well, we aren't eat up with depth either.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on February 01, 2015, 01:38:45 pm
I love Pittman, too.  We should build him a fricking statue in front of the Stadium.

However, can we not objectively discuss other coaching staffs without taking it as an affront against our own?  Is that really too much to ask?

LOL!  Fans live in a vacuum.  Didn't you know?  By kickoff of the SB today, there will be threads started for the purpose of minimizing Weathersby's talents.  "He's really not that great, I've seen the film.".  "we backed off of him.".  "We really didn't need another OT anyway.  We're set."
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

MissippHog

The fact that RD made a separate update just to say he's not as confident is concerning. 

Just goes to show how fickle recruiting is.  Hopefully CSP and CBB can have a word with him and reel him back in.

Hog1952

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 01:40:49 pm
Well, we aren't eat up with depth either.
Well said....never enough!

outlawhogeywells

Rules need to at least allow airfare for one parent for official visits. His mom was able to attend Lsu visit since it was an easy drive.

SwineGrind

So in the mean time we take to twitter as creepy middle aged men and say positive things and wish him well no matter where he chooses.

ricepig

Quote from: SwineGrind on February 01, 2015, 01:56:53 pm
So in the mean time we take to twitter as creepy middle aged men and say positive things and wish him well no matter where he chooses.

What's twitter?

woodhog14

Momma wants him to go to LSU. Hard to say no to momma sometimes.

HOGINTENNESSEE

February 01, 2015, 02:08:58 pm #80 Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 02:46:08 pm by HOGINTENNESSEE
Quote from: woodhog14 on February 01, 2015, 01:59:47 pm

The NCAA paying for plane tickets of family members for official visits would greatly benefit the us.

colbs

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 01, 2015, 02:08:58 pm
The NCAA paying for plane tickets of family members for official visits would greater benefit the us.
Agreed. 

songofthesword

I've always felt after Merrick Toby was house money do to speak

HawginTexas

Quote from: woodhog14 on February 01, 2015, 01:59:47 pm

AC needs to talk to him about getting away from momma....

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 01, 2015, 01:54:27 pm
Rules need to at least allow airfare for one parent for official visits. His mom was able to attend Lsu visit since it was an easy drive.

Easy drive down I10 for mom.  That is often our handicap.  The I10 - I20 region has dominated college football. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Tomhog™

What it all means is he is probably telling the LSU coaches he will sign with them.  Wish he'd go anywhere else but the SEC West if not going to Arkansas.

Bubba's Bruisers

No Hill and now no Weathersby.  Thud.

Thank goodness for Jackson and Scott...maybe.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Arkansasno1

And Ole Miss guy just predicted him to LSU as well.  I hope we can swing this in the next couple days back to our favor.
"Be content and resigned to God's will."
~Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

ricepig

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Arkansasno1 on February 01, 2015, 02:30:14 pm
And Ole Miss guy just predicted him to LSU as well.  I hope we can swing this in the next couple days back to our favor.

Aren't we entering into a dead or quiet period starting this evening?

hoglady

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2015, 02:29:26 pm
No Hill and now no Weathersby.  Thud.

Thank goodness for Jackson and Scott...maybe.

Maybe - no guarantee we'll get either one of them.
Looks like a disappointing close to recruiting - hope everyone else stays firm.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

MissippHog

Quote from: ricepig on February 01, 2015, 02:30:26 pm
That still didn't answer the question, what's twitter, not what is Toby's Twitter account, lol. Save yourself the trouble, it was a facetious question.
Which received a facetious answer  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2015, 02:31:44 pm
Aren't we entering into a dead or quiet period starting this evening?

Yep, no in-person contact after 6pm today.

Music City Hog

This thing just sucks.  Almost every time tons of crystal balls roll in at the same time they come true and that's now 4 for LSU today.  Combined with RDs doubt, it's pretty apparent people know something.  This finish blows.  The class is good overall.  Pretty much what it always is, but I was really hoping to finish differently. 

fullfan

Fizzle to the finish.  CBB and staff will continue to recruit the right way and coach up who we get!  WPS :razorback:

Bubba's Bruisers

The class is very good relative to our historic standards.  Balanced with some actual defensive talent.  An apparent top flight QB too. 

But it tis setting up to be a wimper of a finish...seemingly.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: fullfan on February 01, 2015, 02:39:18 pm
Fizzle to the finish.  CBB and staff will continue to recruit the right way and coach up who we get!  WPS :razorback:

What is recruit the right way?

Music City Hog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 01, 2015, 02:42:04 pm
The class is very good relative to our historic standards.  Balanced with some actual defensive talent.  An apparent top flight QB too. 

But it tis setting up to be a wimper of a finish...seemingly.

Agreed

Atlhogfan1

When Arkansas is competing with OU and LSU for a top 20 Texas recruit from Houston, it may not work out for us.  Would prefer this than to taking low hanging fruit and not being in the picture.  Not sure how this blows, a fizzle or whimper.  It's a recruit staying closer to home and going to a program with more success. 
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys.