Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Enos Recruiting and Visits?

Started by ArKan5a5 KiD, January 29, 2015, 09:21:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ArKan5a5 KiD

Why haven't we heard much on Coach Enos making recruiting visits or anything? Only thing I've seen is Williams III said he spoke with him on the phone or something but I figured he'd be out on the road visiting some of our offensive recruits?

Pork Twain

With very few slots left, might just be waiting for this weekend or we just might not have heard anything.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Gone Hoggin

CattleCorn

I'm sure he is, but you gotta remember at this stage in the game, the recruits we're after have long ago established relationships with our other coaches.  I could see Enos coming in to visit with the offensive recruits for pumping them up or reassuring them or something like that, but it's hard to imagine him being the lead recruiter at this point in the game.  But next year will be a different story.  IMHO

PorkRinds

Also remember most of the guys we are on at this late date are defensive guys at this point. I would bet his #1 job is coming up with a plan to convince KJ to come back and making relationships for next year.  There's a lineman, but I doubt Pittman needs much help.

Scott7703

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: thalilcrzydawg on January 29, 2015, 09:21:32 am
Why haven't we heard much on Coach Enos making recruiting visits or anything? Only thing I've seen is Williams III said he spoke with him on the phone or something but I figured he'd be out on the road visiting some of our offensive recruits?

From yesterday.

Richard Davenport retweeted
Rawleigh III @The3rdRawleigh  ·  19h 19 hours ago
Just talked to coach Enos! Great guy! #WPS
Go Hogs Go!

Gone Hoggin

Scott7703

Quote from: Gone Hoggin on January 29, 2015, 09:43:03 am
Look at the post above yours

From what I've heard our coaches would see him Friday and attend basketball game.

Gone Hoggin

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 29, 2015, 09:46:16 am
From what I've heard our coaches would see him Friday and attend basketball game.

Unless something has changed, Enos and BLjr will see him tonight...and I am pretty sure that has not changed

CattleCorn

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on January 29, 2015, 09:39:59 am
From yesterday.

Richard Davenport retweeted
Rawleigh III @The3rdRawleigh  ·  19h 19 hours ago
Just talked to coach Enos! Great guy! #WPS

That's good to hear.  I know Okie Lite offered him the other day.

Houston h

It's my understanding that Enos is attending KJ's basketball game Friday night and if KJ is coming on a visit, he will arrive Saturday morning. Can anyone confirm?

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 29, 2015, 09:46:16 am

He said in his teleconference that he would be in Fayetteville on Monday and then out on the recruiting trail all week and then would probably get to talk to all of the returning offensive players and those who reported early, on Friday. He either visited or spoke with Rawleigh Williams yesterday.

Who knows? Maybe Bielema changed his plans for him?
Go Hogs Go!

ArKan5a5 KiD

I had saw the post by Richard I just hadn't seen or heard anything else. I figured he'd be going to see all of our offensive recruits and reassuring them of the offense and such.

Gone Hoggin

Quote from: Houston h on January 29, 2015, 09:52:35 am
It's my understanding that Enos is attending KJ's basketball game Friday night and if KJ is coming on a visit, he will arrive Saturday morning. Can anyone confirm?

I do not know about the BBall game tomorrow night or when the visit will start.  I do know that he and BLjr are supposed to see KJ and family tonight.  KJ is visiting for sure (as of now)

ricepig

Quote from: Gone Hoggin on January 29, 2015, 10:09:16 am
I do not know about the BBall game tomorrow night or when the visit will start.  I do know that he and BLjr are supposed to see KJ and family tonight.  KJ is visiting for sure (as of now)

Bielema and Lunney are supposed to be in Nashville Friday night to go to Pettway's basketball game, according to one of RD's previous articles.

Hawgzinbowlz

Quote from: CattleCorn on January 29, 2015, 09:28:09 am
I'm sure he is, but you gotta remember at this stage in the game, the recruits we're after have long ago established relationships with our other coaches.  I could see Enos coming in to visit with the offensive recruits for pumping them up or reassuring them or something like that, but it's hard to imagine him being the lead recruiter at this point in the game.  But next year will be a different story.  IMHO
Saved me a lot of keyboard work.  " GO HOGS "

Scott7703

Quote from: Gone Hoggin on January 29, 2015, 09:48:35 am
Unless something has changed, Enos and BLjr will see him tonight...and I am pretty sure that has not changed

No Michael smith? I've heard the family really likes coach smith:

Gone Hoggin

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 29, 2015, 10:35:44 am
No Michael smith? I've heard the family really likes coach smith:

Not sure where you heard that, but he is not coming tonight and has not the last couple of weeks. 

sgfhog

Coach Smith was with Coaches Bielema and Lunney during the in-home with Deon Stewart last weekend.

davispard

Quote from: Gone Hoggin on January 29, 2015, 11:07:22 am
Not sure where you heard that, but he is not coming tonight and has not the last couple of weeks. 
Might have "maxed" visits??

Gone Hoggin

Quote from: davispard on January 29, 2015, 11:25:07 am
Might have "maxed" visits??

I do not know if he has maxed out or not or if there is such a thing.  Based on what I know, that is not the reason that he is not coming.  Enos and BLjr are who we want on KJ right now and that is all I will say about that.

davispard

Quote from: Gone Hoggin on January 29, 2015, 11:29:49 am
I do not know if he has maxed out or not or if there is such a thing.  Based on what I know, that is not the reason that he is not coming.  Enos and BLjr are who we want on KJ right now and that is all I will say about that.
Don't know how many visits are permitted, but I'm pretty sure that asst. coaches do have a limited number of personal visits during this phase of this recruitment period.  I think???  He may not have maxed out;' buy you do want Lunney & Enos there for this last push..

PorkRinds

Quote from: davispard on January 29, 2015, 11:44:28 am
Don't know how many visits are permitted, but I'm pretty sure that asst. coaches do have a limited number of personal visits during this phase of this recruitment period.  I think???  He may not have maxed out;' buy you do want Lunney & Enos there for this last push..

I think it's 6 home visits.

26.2Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 29, 2015, 11:45:22 am
I think it's 6 home visits.

Unless you're a punter in California.  Then there is no limit.

davispard

Quote from: 26.2Hog on January 29, 2015, 11:48:12 am
+1.  Very good...

PorkRinds

Per coach, but LOL anyway...

The Recruiting Guy

As far as a possible recruiting area, I feel confident in saying Enos will probably recruit the St. Louis area.

The Recruiting Guy

Again, Arkansas tries to see all the commitments and key prospects as much as possible. Blake isn't the only one.

Tim Harris

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 29, 2015, 12:32:41 pm
As far as a possible recruiting area, I feel confident in saying Enos will probably recruit the St. Louis area.

Good.  I've always felt we should hit there, KCY, and Memphis harder than we currently do.

Uncommon

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 29, 2015, 12:34:12 pm
Good.  I've always felt we should hit there, KCY, and Memphis harder than we currently do.
What's KCY?

ricepig

Uncommon

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2015, 04:15:28 pm
I would suspect Kansas City.
If true, I've never seen it abbreviated it that way.  Have always seen just KC.  It's even on the BBQ sauce, KC Masterpiece.  Not KCY Masterpiece. 

PorkRinds

Quote from: Uncommon on January 29, 2015, 04:22:08 pm
If true, I've never seen it abbreviated it that way.  Have always seen just KC.  It's even on the BBQ sauce, KC Masterpiece.  Not KCY Masterpiece.

Lol.

ricepig

secneahog

Why not send enos to the Michigan area. He recruited instate guys very well at UCM. Michigan St guy.

Being able to say your a oc at a sec west school is big.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

Uncommon

Quote from: ricepig on January 29, 2015, 05:39:37 pm
There's a lot of things you will only see on HV, haha.
It's just a pet peeve of mine.  Love Kansas City.

ricepig

WooPig90

Enos at KJ's basketball practice right now

younghog

GO HOGS

tophawg19

i think we use Enos to raid big ten country Mich, ohio , illinios , etc there are some big ole boys up there
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 29, 2015, 06:00:04 pm
Enos at KJ's basketball practice right now

What toppings he got on his nachos?

Tim Harris

Quote from: Uncommon on January 29, 2015, 04:13:32 pm
What's KCY?

Sorry I work in the transportation industry and KCY is our alpha code for Kansas City. Had a bit of a brain fart there.

dowils

Enos is at NLR bball practice with Lunney to see KJ. They never stop...I appreciate their tenacity...

DeltaBoy

Coach Enos hit the ground running and has been on the phone and visiting according to all I have seen from RD and 247Sports !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

cbhawg03

Quote from: Uncommon on January 29, 2015, 04:22:08 pm

awesome way of using the bbq sauce as a reference. +1

Uncommon

Quote from: cbhawg03 on January 30, 2015, 11:20:27 am
awesome way of using the bbq sauce as a reference. +1
I should've used the Kansas City Chiefs logo and Kansas City Royals hats also as references but that was the first thing that came to mind because I was hungry.