Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Visit Trend

Started by Oklahawg, January 27, 2015, 11:03:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Music City Hog

Danny says that KJ text the Bama rivals guy and said he isn't visiting anywhere this weekend. 

I didn't read this whole thread so I'm sorry if it's already in here.

Uncommon

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 29, 2015, 09:00:32 pm
Danny says that KJ text the Bama rivals guy and said he isn't visiting anywhere this weekend. 

I didn't read this whole thread so I'm sorry if it's already in here.
He's been texting our recruiting guys throughout the day as well and has been going back and forth on whether he will visit or not.  Let's wait and see what develops on Friday.

Music City Hog

Quote from: Uncommon on January 29, 2015, 09:01:43 pm
He's been texting our recruiting guys throughout the day as well and has been going back and forth on whether he will visit or not.  Let's wait and see what develops on Friday.

Gotcha.  I admittedly have been behind today.   Doesn't look good however.

Oklahawg

Quote from: JaketheSnake on January 29, 2015, 08:50:15 pm
Must be the wording.  We
Are choosing Hill, then King... But the point was we are happy with what we have at WR right now so those two get the "best available player" spot

Cannot turn down the in-stater with a long-standing offer. We will be just as happy with Hill as with King. JUST AS.

This is the "best available scholie". We have long moved to the position that we didn't need an extra RB, WR, OG or QB. We needed defensive players. But, cannot pull the rug out from under the in-staters.

Hill is a fine recruit, don't get me wrong. But, he is the one wavering. And, he is at a position we are comfortable with the others on the board. We NEED defensive players. King wouldn't be in this position if he wasn't as valuable. I'd wager that if the roles were reversed we'd have King verballed and the class basically waiting on Scott to make a decision this weekend and the other two to go public with their commit.

That is an extreme view I realize.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 29, 2015, 09:04:52 pm

I agree.

How would you like to look a close friend (Will Gragg) in the eye after agreeing to go to the same school, having your friend enroll early and then bail on him?

Or...as the evidence seems to be suggesting...maybe there is more than meets the eye and all of us are being played?

MCH: do you see a scenario in which Hill visiting Arkansas is somehow contingent from the UA side of things? Do you see a scenario in which Hill's commit might not be accepted?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Music City Hog

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 29, 2015, 09:06:56 pm
I agree.

How would you like to look a close friend (Will Gragg) in the eye after agreeing to go to the same school, having your friend enroll early and then bail on him?

Or...as the evidence seems to be suggesting...maybe there is more than meets the eye and all of us are being played?

MCH: do you see a scenario in which Hill visiting Arkansas is somehow contingent from the UA side of things? Do you see a scenario in which Hill's commit might not be accepted?

Being played as in he could be a hog and he's having fun?  That would be fine, but the venom coming from step dad would make it a pretty big troll.   What's to gain from that?

Music City Hog

I agree.

I obviously have no idea.  It doesn't appear we wouldn't accept his signature since we are still sending resources his way.  I don't know why would be recruiting him just to turn him down, but again, I'm not in the room and have no idea.   

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 29, 2015, 09:05:40 pm
Cannot turn down the in-stater with a long-standing offer. We will be just as happy with Hill as with King. JUST AS.

This is the "best available scholie". We have long moved to the position that we didn't need an extra RB, WR, OG or QB. We needed defensive players. But, cannot pull the rug out from under the in-staters.

Hill is a fine recruit, don't get me wrong. But, he is the one wavering. And, he is at a position we are comfortable with the others on the board. We NEED defensive players. King wouldn't be in this position if he wasn't as valuable. I'd wager that if the roles were reversed we'd have King verballed and the class basically waiting on Scott to make a decision this weekend and the other two to go public with their commit.

That is an extreme view I realize.

Sounds like King waivered first and missed his chance.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Bubba's Bruisers

I agree.

Do you see that as a realistic scenario?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 29, 2015, 09:04:52 pm

Yep. It looks bad. Looks like good news on Weathersby

Music City Hog

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on January 29, 2015, 09:16:12 pm
Yep. It looks bad. Looks like good news on Weathersby

Agreed on weathersby.  I'm excited about that possibility.

Bubba's Bruisers

The "visit trend" is that we finish with Weathersby, Jackson, King and Scott, which is very solid.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 29, 2015, 09:12:29 pm
Do you see that as a realistic scenario?

Well, it is easy to suggest that there is more than we know about. Of course there is more than we know about! We know NOTHING about what is going on with the UA coaches directly. We can ONLY speculate based on the few clues they reveal + they public words and actions.

As far as my own gut goes I think CBB is a better poker player than any of us. This is not just a recruiting battle. Other factors are in play. But, we don't know everything just yet.

This is a kid who was inseparable from Will Gragg (and to some degree Ty Storey) following his commitment, but he suddenly is not swayed by that? This is not Bama vs UA (Bama's offer was a grayshirt until the last 24-48 hours). More going on, I just don't know what it is.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 29, 2015, 09:18:34 pm
The "visit trend" is that we finish with Weathersby, Jackson, King and Scott, which is very solid.

I agree.